Insiders say 6-10

TUBSTER

They're correct. I see 4-12 to 8-8 as the range.

You are entitled to your opinion, but that also doesn't mean they are "right."

I really don't get people who don't see the talent on this team to the point they couldn't possibly be better than 8-8. Top running game, promising QB, superstar WR in training, one of the best cornerback duos, and there's still Hughes and the return of the Williamses, and Preston Brown looks like he's getting the leadership role -- the first team defense looked dominant so far. I went with 11-5. Honestly, if I were a journalist, I might have agreed with the non-Sully BNers and gone with 8-8 (it does appear a rough schedule, three west coast trips is borderline absurd), but with a ridiculous range from 13-3 to 4-12 b/c realistically that's how these things work (did anyone predict the 7-8-1 Panthers would go 15-1?

I feel it's a bit telling that organizations like 538 and Football Outsiders, who are more partial to metrics and have the Bills 12th & 10th respectively with decent chances to make the playoffs, are more friendly to the Bills chances.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's a very difficult year to predict. They are good enough to compete with anyone.

I think it's not far-fetched to have them splitting the division games, 3 Ws

I think they have 4 locks on the schedule: SF, CLEV, LA, and JAX (because this is at home). 4Ws

I think they will most likely lose on the road to SEA

Their fate will be determined in these matchups:

Two teams predicted by some to be in the final 4: AZ and PITT, but both are at home, so anything can happen

3 more away games that can be classified as toss ups: OAK, CIN, BALT

7 wins + ?/5 = ?

I can see 9-10 wins this year.

The offense is getting slept on only if Taylor and Woods step up this season. Taylor has some hype but is unproven in some facets and Woods wouldn't inspire confidence in any casual observer as a #2.

The defense and its injuries, I think, is the biggest reason they are taking wins off our board. But then I've also recently seen an article by Ike Taylor breaking down the top 10 CBs and the runners up with no mention of our two and that is a huge oversight. So it's probably just typical Bills ambivalence. (amBillvalence?).

I disagree. The Bills could very well have taken a step back this year. Released very good players on defense. The draftees that were supposed to fill those spots are injured.

Between suspensions and release because of off field issues, its extremely easy for someone to say this team may take a step back.

They had negative off season.

All that I said is predicting 6 wins is saying "this team is getting worse and not better." That is a fact as they won 8 last year and 9 the year before. 6 would be worse.

They're correct. I see 4-12 to 8-8 as the range.

Lmao...4-12? Yeah OK...Dick Jaurons sorry teams that went 7-9 are better than this team? Where do people come up with this nonsense?

I disagree. The Bills could very well have taken a step back this year. Released very good players on defense. The draftees that were supposed to fill those spots are injured.

Between suspensions and release because of off field issues, its extremely easy for someone to say this team may take a step back.

They had negative off season.

Who? Mario Williams who didn't put any effort into his play? Bradham who was in the wrong position half the plays?

Once again I'll say that even if the team might be slightly less talented on D, the fact they actually understand the system, communicate with each other much better and know their assignments properly far, far outweigh the minor talent loss they suffered.

11 players that know their assignment every play and play together properly will ALWAYS be better than a team of more talented players where 2 or 3 don't know their assignments on every play and 1 guy that doesn't try. It's not even close...The only people who don't understand this are people who don't truly understand what goes into each play and how things work.

Edited by matter2003

Healthy McCoy, healthy Watkins, Clay, more experienced Taylor, all 5 O-line starters back. Nothing really.

I want to believe, but our embarrassing weakness at #2 receiver will prevent Taylor from accomplishing much more on offense than he did last year. And no way do I expect all three of those guys to start more than half the games.

They also aren't as familiar with the details, like Rex's experimental hybrid defense, a feeling of derision among some/many of the defensive players, and so on.

The D is likely to improve this year for reasons which have nothing to do with personnel.

The national press doesn't latch onto that type of nuance.

So true.

a good omen.. last year tony gonzales picked them to go to the super bowl.. heath miller said last year he thought the bills would start 9-0 , so it is irrelevant.

Like I said somewhere else, people saw the players on the defensive side of the ball and how well the D performed the previous season, and thought that Rex was a defensive genius. If you think that way and put 2 and 2 together you end up with a lights out defense that would be hard to beat. Then ... they played the games.

Like I said somewhere else, people saw the players on the defensive side of the ball and how well the D performed the previous season, and thought that Rex was a defensive genius. If you think that way and put 2 and 2 together you end up with a lights out defense that would be hard to beat. Then ... they played the games.

i agree, and it was how i perceived the team.. so.. just line them up and play.. i guess no , or low expectations can only make the season enjoyable if things go better than expected....

Edited by dwight in philly

This team is hard to read. The offense should be good enough to keep us in every game if McCoy, Watkins, Clay, and Taylor avoid the injury bug. The defense is where the question mark remains. If Spikes and Zach Brown can hold it down in the middle and Preston Brown isn't out of position all over the field we might be working with something. Hopefully these guys can be better. If they are We could be 10-6. If it is more of the same as last year we could be 6-10 like they say. The schedule looks pretty tough as things lie right now. I think we hit the 9-7 mark as we did 2 years ago, but still miss the playoffs. If our key players go down on offense, especially Tyrod, then it could get really ugly.

That's kind of the floor to me with the ceiling at 10-6. I think that the Bills will be about a .500 team. 6-10 would be more surprising to me than 10-6.

same range, but opposite on the surprise factor. i think being so thin in a few spots there are a handful of individuals that if injured would potentially cost us a few games. and unfortunately some of them wouldnt be shocking to end up on the injury report.