Glen Gronkowski: "A Dream Come True"

26CornerBlitz

based on things Ryan said during camp like " he probably won't play FB we see him as a special teams guy" And with Felton on the team even though he contributed almost zero last year. I never thought baby Gronk would make the team. Then again Brandon signed him about 45 minutes after the final round 7 pick. I was hoping signing him was for the correct reasons. Well the kid must have some game.

I was sold on him at the combine when some bobblehead asked him. Who would you like to play for? HIs answer was along the lines of " there's only one team really the Bills we used to have season tickets and I dreamed of being a Bill one day." Good job kid!!!!

I was sure he was PS material. But he might have gotten picked up after Lions game and such. Good on him!

Maybe Roman likes his flexibility compared to Felton. This might also mean the Offense is evolving.

That G-Ro is one of my favorite NFLers. Short arms but sleeves are full of tricks.

Definite upgrade over Felton

He is different. But Felton has not been as advertised either. Not sure if he has a nagging injury or Bills are going to change the scheme for guys like LeSean and Bush. Bouncing and outside the tackles. Glenn is likely a stronger threat in the passing game too. If he can garner some respect early in the season

based on things Ryan said during camp like " he probably won't play FB we see him as a special teams guy" And with Felton on the team even though he contributed almost zero last year. I never thought baby Gronk would make the team. Then again Brandon signed him about 45 minutes after the final round 7 pick. I was hoping signing him was for the correct reasons. Well the kid must have some game.

I was sold on him at the combine when some bobblehead asked him. Who would you like to play for? HIs answer was along the lines of " there's only one team really the Bills we used to have season tickets and I dreamed of being a Bill one day." Good job kid!!!!

Never read that quote.

damn

:wub:

Just a guess but I think the reason Gronkowski made the team over Felton is for his running and pass-catching ability. With Karlos gone, the Bills are in sore need of the big back who smashes through the line. From the little bit I've seen of him in camp and the preseason, Gronkowski can do that. Gillislee, Wilder, Herron, Williams consistently got knocked around in heavy traffic at the line. I believe we will see some interesting plays from Roman with this new "toy."

We'll see him in short yardage, lead block situations but I think Roman has adapted to his personnel and we'll see a lot of 11 personnel and 3 wides as our base set. Looking forward to some sets with Bush and McCoy and the matchup problems that will cause, too.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

He looks like a middle aged pizza shop worker

Buffalonian style

We'll see him in short yardage, lead block situations but I think Roman has adapted to his personnel and we'll see a lot of 11 personnel and 3 wides as our base set. Looking forward to some sets with Bush and McCoy and the matchup problems that will cause, too.

GO BILLS!!!

I think this brings a broader range of options for Roman. Bringing in Bush and now keeping Glenn. hoping the kid grows his game under G Ro Lynn and Kromer

As I said, Gregg's injury opened the door for the lil Gronkster to make the 53. Couple that with an aging Felton and it was Gronk's position to lose. I'm suprised that this is being reported as some kind of a shock. Gronk can play H-back like Gregg, and must develop more upper body to knock away would be tacklers along with using better technique.

The measurable's between Glenn & Rob aren't far off: and Glenn's combine / pro day numbers indicate he's quicker, shiftier and stronger even in the broad jump. Whereas big bro possesses faster straight line speed and greater upper body strength. Glenn has better below the waist metrics which will help him stick around the league for 3-5 seasons as an H-back, utility fullback.

Edited by Dr.Sack

Just a guess but I think the reason Gronkowski made the team over Felton is for his running and pass-catching ability. With Karlos gone, the Bills are in sore need of the big back who smashes through the line. From the little bit I've seen of him in camp and the preseason, Gronkowski can do that. Gillislee, Wilder, Herron, Williams consistently got knocked around in heavy traffic at the line. I believe we will see some interesting plays from Roman with this new "toy."

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

He looks like a middle aged pizza shop worker

yep lol, like to see him get up to 260 solid

I could not disagree more when it comes to Jonathan Williams....ANY back to gets met in the backfield when he takes the handoff is going to get knocked around

I just think Baby Gronk is more versitile......he can block (not as well as Felton) but that is literally the ONLY thing that Felton does better.....

When I heard Felton was coming here....I really expected a different player or at least use of a different player......I have seen footage of him being able to catch....but he never done it here.....run....but hardly ever done it here

Maybe Roman's different vision of Gronk will result in him being used differently