Manny Lawson cut

YoloinOhio

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go with less talent this year so we can maybe sign a slightly better than average CB next year?.

No. We are trying to sign Gilmore.

I know he is not universally rated on this forum but let me guarantee you... if he hits free agency teams will be falling over themselves to throw $$$s at him and he will get a bigger deal than Norman. The Bills better hope their "show me the money" upfront strategy works again and we get a bit of a hometown discount on the deal.

I know he is not universally rated on this forum but let me guarantee you... if he hits free agency teams will be falling over themselves to throw $$$s at him and he will get a bigger deal than Norman. The Bills better hope their "show me the money" upfront strategy works again and we get a bit of a hometown discount on the deal.

I have no problem with resigning Gilmore. However, I do with at this point, playing for next year.

If Lawson at LB gives us a better chance for playoffs this year, you go with him and worry about next year next year for the most part. We drafted Darby and I think he's even better than Gilmore. We also signed Graham. Gilmore is not the last good CB out there. He's not worth cutting guys this year to help us sign him next year IMHO.

However, I just think Rex got tired of watching Manny crash in from the outside and then get run around for TDs and big gains.

Dream on about the "hometown discount".

Edited by reddogblitz

Best course is to use the tag on him, IMO.

This. Getting tyrod done allows us the flexibility to use the tag on Gilmore if we have to. Would give our young guys 1 more year to develop to take over for him too

Whaley believes Gilmore is a blue chipper and a top CB in this league. They will re-sign their own. The cost only goes up once you have tagged him.

Whaley believes Gilmore is a blue chipper and a top CB in this league. They will re-sign their own. The cost only goes up once you have tagged him.

I am good with tagging for two years and see what it looks like then.

I suspect he won't still be as highly regarded in two years.

Good player but this is why you have a franchise tag.

Best course is to use the tag on him, IMO.

Yep. He still gets plenty of money and should retain an incentive to play well. Not that he needs it.

I hope Bills find a way to keep him though. he has improved each season.

ps I really would like some insider info on Lawson. When is this NFL investigation going reveal itself??

I am good with tagging for two years and see what it looks like then.

I suspect he won't still be as highly regarded in two years.

Good player but this is why you have a franchise tag.

I don't love the idea of tagging a guy for 2 years; the tag often leads to lower participation in offseason work, which can lead to injury and/or lack of production, which is a bad investment for $14M guaranteed.

I don't love the idea of tagging a guy for 2 years; the tag often leads to lower participation in offseason work, which can lead to injury and/or lack of production, which is a bad investment for $14M guaranteed.

Thinking a year if need be.

unfair to string a guy out longer than that,

He still gets a raise.

Do you think Bills can/wish to/ keep Gilmore Bandit ?

since this is the Lawson thread i do not care to continue on the tangent, so that my last query about Happy.

Douzable taking #91. They must not be planning on Manny being on the team anymore then

Wow. Slam that door Buffalo! so much for a pay cut eh ?

Where did you see this? Curious if Albright got a new #. Official site doesn't appear to be updated.

Mike Rodak (@mikerodak) tweeted at 1:42 PM on Mon, Sep 05, 2016:

Bills rookie CB Kevon Seymour will wear No. 29 and reserve DL Leger Douzable will now wear No. 91