John Clayton: Bills Have Eight Blue Chip Players

For about 28 years of my life I watched ESPN in some capacity on a daily basis. The last several years - I watch something maybe once per Month.

It's just not what it once was - and is too much of what it shouldn't be.

I thought it was only me.. Granted, there are waaay more sports channels and E-media to compare to, but I rarely tune in to ESPN anymore. Gone is the wit & humor associated with talented announcers. Everyone there today are just mouthpieces..

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is Jerry Hughes?

Beat me to it. If he is not a blue chipper, it's time to cash in the chips and go home.

Also, our punter and kicker (when healthy and playing normally) are among the best in the game.

Maybe not what you'd call "impact players" but solid contributors nonetheless to team victories.

I thought it was only me.. Granted, there are waaay more sports channels and E-media to compare to, but I rarely tune in to ESPN anymore. Gone is the wit & humor associated with talented announcers. Everyone there today are just mouthpieces..

ESPN jumped the shark a long time ago.

I wouldn't even think to put the channel on, and don't, unless they have a live sporting event on that I want to see.

All the rest of it is not even on my radar.

As a pass rusher, 5 sack guys are Not that rare. I think he is a better player than that but he was another guy that the new system didn't bring the best out of him.

Hughes was great last year regardless of the sack numbers. He was arguably our best player, along with Gilmore and Darby. He got no help whatsoever.

So agree. I don't even watch ESPN or for that matter, even recognize it anymore. Like has been stated, only watch for live game content. The debate strategy was ok in small doses but not as a programming engine. Trying to appeal to a younger demographic I guess. My friend had it on a few weeks ago and it was utterly obnoxious. Btw, when did Steven A Smith gain control of the network. When I was at my friends, they had him on the first ten minutes of SC, and then, no lie, had him back for another 12 minute segment. Wtf? Like I said, it's unrecognizable now. Oh yeah, it sucks too.

For about 28 years of my life I watched ESPN in some capacity on a daily basis. The last several years - I watch something maybe once per Month.

It's just not what it once was - and is too much of what it shouldn't be.

I agree. The announcers are just plain terrible. "The team that scores the most points, will win the game..." shocking analysis!!! :doh:

Hughes was great last year regardless of the sack numbers. He was arguably our best player, along with Gilmore and Darby. He got no help whatsoever.

The word great is losing value. He was 26th in pressures and committed some brain dead penalties.

I still think he is a really good player but he was very far from great last year. And needs to be the main man on the defense given what he is being paid his year.

The word great is losing value. He was 26th in pressures and committed some brain dead penalties.

I still think he is a really good player but he was very far from great last year. And needs to be the main man on the defense given what he is being paid his year.

Maybe he wasn't great in 2015 based on your stats but he was every bit as good as he was in 2014, when he was great.

rexrob.jpg

Mmmmmm got any dip to go with them chips??

When the bottom of your stomach forms a horizontal overhang so immense it devours your belt buckle like a black hole, and presents a legitimate challenge for some of the world's best rock climbers, isn't it time to look into a diet?

Good to see Fat Rex returning.

this is from his jests days i believe

When the bottom of your stomach forms a horizontal overhang so immense it devours your belt buckle like a black hole, and presents a legitimate challenge for some of the world's best rock climbers, isn't it time to look into a diet?

less burger, more fish