Mark Gaughan gives up b4 the season even starts

I haven't found any Bills' 2016 season projections by Gaughan. I see Skurski's projection: http://galleries.buffalonews.com/default.aspx?id=6751#/0

The article referenced is posted on the TBD home page. Sorry but I am link challenged on my iPad. Not really a projection, just stated that "does anyone really expect the Bills to make the playoffs". Really a short article about the Bulls and the Bills QB situations.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The article referenced is posted on the TBD home page. Sorry but I am link challenged on my iPad. Not really a projection, just stated that "does anyone really expect the Bills to make the playoffs". Really a short article about the Bulls and the Bills QB situations.

Cool Thanks.

The key to the season is the first seven games. The middle stretch is very difficult, and then it eases up again at the end.

Start off strong at 5-2 or even, dare I say it, 6-1, and anything is possible because the team will have momentum and start believing in themselves. 4-3 or worse in those first seven and December will likely be meaningless once again. In particular, the 4-week stretch of Pats***, @Seattle, and @Cinci in weeks 8-11 (bye before Cinci) is a bear. Can't see the Bills winning more than one of those three, and an 0-fer is a distinct possibility.

I agree E, that we'll know about this team in the 1st 7 games. I'm just not as optimistic as you are. 8-8 until they show us they're better than this.

It's easy for Gaughan to predict mediocrity. It's the safe route and probably 90% chance he's right based on history. A few good bounces and maybe some penalties that go our way for once, the Bills could finish 10-6.

I agree E, that we'll know about this team in the 1st 7 games. I'm just not as optimistic as you are. 8-8 until they show us they're better than this.

I'm not necessarily optimistic, just stating what I think needs to happen for us to enjoy December for a change.

The key to the season is the first seven games. The middle stretch is very difficult, and then it eases up again at the end.

Start off strong at 5-2 or even, dare I say it, 6-1, and anything is possible because the team will have momentum and start believing in themselves. 4-3 or worse in those first seven and December will likely be meaningless once again. In particular, the 4-week stretch of Pats***, @Seattle, and @Cinci in weeks 8-11 (bye before Cinci) is a bear. Can't see the Bills winning more than one of those three, and an 0-fer is a distinct possibility.

Just my humble opinion, but it all comes down to winning the first two games of the season. That will IMO define the season. Baltimore won't be very easy on the road and I would have to imagine that the Jets aren't too happy about how their season ended last year. Splitting those first two and then having a tough game against Arizona is just going to feel like that 0.500 middling success rate all over again.

Tough schedule, lacking personnel on defense and ****ty officiating have nothing to do with BBFS.

Would anywhere between 6-10 to 8-8 be surprising or even unexpected?

I think there is too much talent on the team to finish with only 6 wins. They should end up no worse that 8-8.

Bills fans are masters of glomming on to the negative and forgetting the positive. The worst things this season are the Dareus suspension and losing Gragg. Here's what's good: Tyrod, Sammy, Shady, Clay, and a solid O-line. A great secondary. A money kicker. A creative off coordinator. I say teams better worry about us more than we need to worry about them.

The link, for those that are curious: http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/08/30/power-take-expect-progress-at-qb-not-many-wins-for-bills-ub/

Is there more to that "story"? Seems like it just ends...

And to recap - if Tyrod does well the Bills will do well, if not, UGH we have to wait until 2019 or 2020 for the playoff drought to end?

Seriously, he got paid to write those 190 words??

I see every game as winnable. Seattle is tough. Beyond them, not scared of anyone else.

agreed. Seattle away would be tough for the 85 Bears, but the rest? Just NFL games. I'll take my 53 against 9 out of 10 NFL teams this year. Injuries and turnover ratio tell the tale. Stay healthy at key positions and win the turnover ratio and you win a pile of games against anyone.

Assuming the OL, Kyle and A Williams healthy by Week 1, where are the weaknesses on this team? LB? don't think so, the scheme covers them up. QB? are you kidding? He goes to the next level this year. WR? nope. RB ? have a top 5 guy. TE? Same. DB? have the best pair in the league.... Teams? nope, whaley did a great job rebuilding that area. DL? no weakness there based on preseason. go bills. sorry, I am not blue skying.. this team is pretty loaded on paper

LOLZ, I love how predictions always end up being whatever you did last season.

That's been correct for the past 15 seasons or so. Every season the team "looks solid" and "11-5 to 12-4" and "end the drought". Maybe it will happen this year, but 7-9 to 9-7 IMO is where the smart money is yet again.

That's been correct for the past 15 seasons or so. Every season the team "looks solid" and "11-5 to 12-4" and "end the drought". Maybe it will happen this year, but 7-9 to 9-7 IMO is where the smart money is yet again.

What I meant is how when people make "predictions," for any team, it ends up being last year's standings.