Terrance Knighton cut by Pats

YoloinOhio

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm skeptical of anyone that NE cuts, simply because Belichick usually has a good handle on when guys are close to the cliff production-wise.

That said, if the team believes that he can contribute snaps at the nose until Dareus comes back, there's no downside at this point.

I most definitely have heard of him.

Fairly sure he'd be a better NT than Walker or Ta'amu for 4 weeks if they want to keep a true NT.

and good for the DL rotation when Marcell is back

Not a 16 game starter anymore but fits what we need IMO

Edited by YoloinOhio

and good for the DL rotation when Marcell is back

I wouldn't hate Knighton playing NT all year in base. Kyle and Marcell either side once he's back. Washington, Bryant, Worthy as depth.

I assume he'd take something barely above vet min salary for a job at this point. Was due $2m this year in NE.

I wouldn't hate Knighton playing NT all year in base. Kyle and Marcell either side once he's back. Washington, Bryant, Worthy as depth.

I assume he'd take something barely above vet min salary for a job at this point. Was due $2m this year in NE.

He sounded hacked off about not getting playing time in the preseason, so maybe we can use schadenfreude to help lure him here :lol:

1.5 sacks and 17 solo tackles isn't bad for a part-time guy whose job is to occupy blockers.

FWIW, he also graded out quite well in advanced stat metrics like PFF.

He's not much more than a space eater at this point with serious conditioning issues.