Who Will The Bills Cut to Get to 75?

Nanker

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Salas is WR#3 & Powell WR#4 then? Wonder if they keep Glass Goodwin or go with DEZ...

Pretty clear that they are keeping Goodwin. Boykin may take 6th, or they roll with 5 and maybe look at cuts. No way Dez makes it.

Edited by Big C

Zimmer & Hawthorne are surprises for me. Thought that Zimmer showed enough in practice to stick to last cuts. I guess Hawthorne killed his chances with a bunch of missed tackles in the games, something that Spikes rarely did.

Shaq Lawson - Reserve/PUP

Reggie Ragland - IR

Kolby LIstenbee - Reserve/Non-Football Injury

CB Jonathan Dowling (waived-injured),

WR Marcus Easley (Reserve/PUP),

TE Chris Gragg (waived-injured)

OT Justin Renfrow (waived-injured).

Zimmer & Hawthorne are surprises for me. Thought that Zimmer showed enough in practice to stick to last cuts. I guess Hawthorne killed his chances with a bunch of missed tackles in the games, something that Spikes rarely did.

Zimmer looked good, but we are fairly stacked on the DL. Lavar Edwards likely beat him out.

I think teams often cut guys they want to get on the PS during the first cuts. Guys like Zimmer and maybe Striker come to mind. Teams right now are scrambling to decide which of the remaining 75 are going to last to their 53. They only have four days to decide for the most part and don't have the time to give these guys a look at the expense of players that have been there. Then when the next wave comes, suddenly there are 20 more guys available from each team and everyone is scrambling to get a lot of them on their PS in a couple days. The earlier cut guys get lost in the sauce and often don't get signed, then sign with their original team.

Then again, a lot of these guys suck. ;)

Released:

QB Austin Trainor

LS Reid Ferguson

LB David Hawthorne

OL Robert Kugler

WR Greg Little

TE Jimmay Mundine

LB Eric Striker

DL Alameda Ta’Amu

QB Austin Trainor

DT Justin Zimmer

Trainor released twice...ouch...

Edited by ricojes

I think teams often cut guys they want to get on the PS during the first cuts. Guys like Zimmer and maybe Striker come to mind. Teams right now are scrambling to decide which of the remaining 75 are going to last to their 53. They only have four days to decide for the most part and don't have the time to give these guys a look at the expense of players that have been there. Then when the next wave comes, suddenly there are 20 more guys available from each team and everyone is scrambling to get a lot of them on their PS in a couple days. The earlier cut guys get lost in the sauce and often don't get signed, then sign with their original team.

Then again, a lot of these guys suck. ;)

Good analysis. I actually understood that perfectly. Hoping we get Strike back.

With inconsistent hands that have plagued him for his entire career, why not?

I guess. I thought he was getting open a good bit and he had shown that he probably was our best option of a WR to go up and fight for the ball. Plus he's a good blocker.

Good analysis. I actually understood that perfectly. Hoping we get Strike back.

I do not think they have any interest in Striker for the PS. Too slow, too small, nothing to develop. Rex has already said as much. Loves his heart, not an NFL player.

I do not think they have any interest in Striker for the PS. Too slow, too small, nothing to develop. Rex has already said as much. Loves his heart, not an NFL player.

Rex says a lot of stuff. Often to motivate. Often to deflect. Often to protect. I could just as easily see him saying this because it's true as I could see him saying this to dissuade other teams from looking at him.

Rex says a lot of stuff. Often to motivate. Often to deflect. Often to protect. I could just as easily see him saying this because it's true as I could see him saying this to dissuade other teams from looking at him.

Was going to say the same thing.

You may be right. We will see. I understand why people are pulling for Striker, but I don't see the ability people are ascribing to him. I would rather see Albright on the PS than Striker.