Lorenzo Alexander, sacks & flags

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the video. Wow, he torpedoed his knee. Thats some bs right there. IMO all players should be protected from direct knee hits, they always result in injury.

yep ugly wasn't it? and no call made it even worse

D Hall is a dirty player. I was hoping Rex would head-hunt Hall the next play. Something has got to be done about the officiating.

I am embarrassed i felt the same way :wallbash:

I am too. I was cheering for one of our guys to body slam them for a few tackles after they did it to Williams since it obviously isn't worthy of a penalty. Wrestling style tackling! NFL Blitz!

I am too. I was cheering for one of our guys to body slam them for a few tackles after they did it to Williams since it obviously isn't worthy of a penalty. Wrestling style tackling! NFL Blitz!

Yep the body slam just added to my fury. I had peanuts everywhere at that point , from throwing them at Ed H.

Except he went low on the QB, which is a foul.

He hit him in the hips, not the knees, which is not a foul. Horrible call without question.

What is even worse, though not surprising, is that Hall is defending his hit in. Twitter exchange with Gragg. No apology of course. He is is a scumbag.

I don't think it matters where his helmet was. Taking a QB down by the legs is a no-no now.

That is not the rule. You can't go lower than the knees. This clearly was not that. Just a horrible call in a poorly officiated game overall by E Hochuli and crew.

Except the rule is below the knee

I don't think so. The actual rule was posted in the other thread. It says that any contact to the knees, even if it begins above the knees and slides down, is illegal. By the rule, it looked like a penalty. Although the rule itself may be questionable.

I don't think so. The actual rule was posted in the other thread. It says that any contact to the knees, even if it begins above the knees and slides down, is illegal. By the rule, it looked like a penalty. Although the rule itself may be questionable.

I have watched it several times. He is never at the knees or below.

He hit him in the hips, not the knees, which is not a foul. Horrible call without question.

What is even worse, though not surprising, is that Hall is defending his hit in. Twitter exchange with Gragg. No apology of course. He is is a scumbag.

Yep. I am thoroughly disgusted with the play the officiating who watched it and that little f'r Hall.

And the Defense Coaches for allowing it. Good thing Richie was not on the field, because there would be repercussions.

any one notice how Hendy kept picking up our players?

Hope Lorenzo makes the cut down !!

He played on some pretty miserable Redskin teams, with less than stellar coaching. Hopefully, he'll turn out to be a find.

And then we can thank Whaley and his pro scouting group. I have been adamant about praising them.

Yep. I am thoroughly disgusted with the play the officiating who watched it and that little f'r Hall.

And the Defense Coaches for allowing it. Good thing Richie was not on the field, because there would be repercussions.

any one notice how Hendy kept picking up our players?

Hope Lorenzo makes the cut down !!

And then we can thank Whaley and his pro scouting group. I have been adamant about praising them.

No worries there.

Rex has all but said he is starting if Manny Lawson can't play. He was with the ones yesterday when Hughes was not in there. There is no chance he doesn't make the team barring injury.

As things stand my guess is he'll be in on the sub packages in passing situations.

Rex has all but said he is starting if Manny Lawson can't play. He was with the ones yesterday when Hughes was not in there. There is no chance he doesn't make the team barring injury.

I heard the same weeks ago

But i wanted to look at the cut downs before Tuesday for fun.

Hawthorne Striker Albright R Johnson

As things stand my guess is he'll be in on the sub packages in passing situations.

Just passing though? What do we know about his anti run game?

I see your gonna be stubborn on this.....

Its ok.....Im being stubborn that Greg Little needs to make this team and nobody agrees with me.....:)

I sort of feel for Little in the same way that I feel for EJ.

Little is what this WR corps needs, and doesn't otherwise have. He's big, physical and fast and a decent route runner.

The problem is that he's just not a "natural" catcher of the football. If he were that he'd still be a Brown. You can clearly see that in his play. He has to do more to track and focus in on the ball than good WRs do, maybe not a whole lot more but at this level of competition it makes for a significant difference in the results. His hands are not NFL reliable.

EJ has all the physical tools you could want but he is just not a "natural" thrower of the football. A natural thrower either doesn't make the kinds of mistakes EJ does and which we sometimes describe as mechanical (I think they may be physiological at root) or overcomes them with coaching and training. EJ can and has improved but through no fault of his own he has a relatively low ceiling. Really its a shame but both Little and EJ would be well served by having less of what they bring to the table, which is a lot, and more of what they do not. Unfortunately you don't get to manage these things as you would like. I feel for both players. Close but definitely no cigar.

Little might make the cut and may actually be a contributor, but you can't count on it or him. Compare him with a guy like Powell. Different player types I realize, but Powell is definitely a natch. He just needs to refine his game so that he can continue to execute against starting calibre DBs and learn the friggen playbook.

D Hall is a dirty player. I was hoping Rex would head-hunt Hall the next play. Something has got to be done about the officiating.

How do you target a DB for punishment? If so inclined, and IMO Hall is, they get to ruin a WR's or even TE's career. If Hall sees Jason Peters or Earl Cambell coming at him at the second level I have no doubt he is a lot less aggressive, and maybe just gets out of the way. He is no Steve Atwater.

@TheBillsWire

Bills OLB Lorenzo Alexander making the most of his opportunity: 'I want to know everything. This is a great place…

@NFLDrafter

Great spin move from Bills pass rusher Lorenzo Alexander makes Morgan Moses look foolish here.

https://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/769654641470472192

he'll be a good rotation in and replacement the 1st weeks for Dareus. another good find by DW and Rex

Looks like a really good signing. Nice to see an undrafted role player last 10 plus years in the league and make it to a pro bowl. Credit to the game too. Shows how football at this level is a professional endeavour for serious people.