Lorenzo Alexander, sacks & flags

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why not cut Manny when Shaq gets back? what was the benefit of cutting him now vs later? absolutely no question that he adds quality depth even if Lorax beat him out

The ONLY benefit I can think of is that they can roll the cap space forward to next year since he's not on the Week 1 roster.

why not cut Manny when Shaq gets back? what was the benefit of cutting him now vs later? absolutely no question that he adds quality depth even if Lorax beat him out

They can bring him back post-week 1 (a week he would lose anyways IF suspended by NFL) and pay him on game by game basis if he is not signed by another team.

Don't like the Manny cut. As has been pointed out, even if he isn't the starter he's a damn strong backup. What are they going to use the money for? We'll see but they're going to be sad if Alexander or Hughes get hurt.

What a dumb thing to say... "If so and so gets hurt" so if we lose an offensive lineman we can just say "they're going to be sad if Glenn or Incognito get hurt" you know b.c the team cut some O-Line also.

When Scott agrees you know you made a bad post.

Edited by Beef Jerky

Manny getting cut must have been due to some behind the scenes issues on top of his injury/suspension/performance, he was too good a depth player at least to cut. You tell me Alexander outplayed him and earned the starting job, fine, but I don't understand cutting a guy who could at worse a solid backup.

What a dumb thing to say... "If so and so gets hurt" so if we lose an offensive lineman we can just say "they're going to be sad if Glenn or Incognito get hurt" you know b.c the team cut some O-Line also.

When Scott agrees you know you made a bad post.

So saying that you should keep good backups in case your starters get hurt is "dumb"? I think you need to re-examine how the roster works and learn something.

My experience is that it's more likely that your disagreement is evidence of a good post.

Edited by vincec

Manny getting cut must have been due to some behind the scenes issues on top of his injury/suspension/performance, he was too good a depth player at least to cut. You tell me Alexander outplayed him and earned the starting job, fine, but I don't understand cutting a guy who could at worse a solid backup.

I think the real question here is did ALBRIGHT ALSO outplay Manny Lawson?

hmmmmmmm

I really didn't see much of Albright lol. Did Eric "cover 1" do his highlights?

I would be interested in seeing the cover 1 on him as well.

From my somewhat trained eye I saw a player that needs to get stronger (but has the frame to easily add 20 pounds of muscule) who was setting the edge and getting pressure quite a bit.

Also....Albright has that wingspan....dont discount that as a huge plus when your trying to alter passes at the LOS

So saying that you should keep good backups in case your starters get hurt is "dumb"? I think you need to re-examine how the roster works and learn something.

My experience is that it's more likely that your disagreement is evidence of a good post.

So b.c YOU think he is a good backup is the reason to keep him? Ok fine.

So b.c YOU think he is a good backup is the reason to keep him? Ok fine.

he may not be the only one. Alway plan as best you are able for injury. The better the depth the better the football team and the chances improve of staying the course over 16 plus games.

Even if Alexander outplayed him . i would have wanted to keep Lawson over Albright. Albright was going to PS in my mind.

Oh Well. trust Coach I guess

he may not be the only one. Alway plan as best you are able for injury. The better the depth the better the football team and the chances improve of staying the course over 16 plus games.

Even if Alexander outplayed him . i would have wanted to keep Lawson over Albright. Albright was going to PS in my mind.

We probably don't know as much about the seriousness of Manny's pec injury - or his looming suspension - as the coaching and personnel staffs know.

It's possible they liked Albright too much to expose him to waivers.

Manny is 32, it's possible the combination of Alexander's strong play, Manny's injury, possible suspension, and/or decline in play all played a factor.

It's possible they liked Albright too much to expose him to waivers.

Manny is 32, it's possible the combination of Alexander's strong play, Manny's injury, possible suspension, and/or decline in play all played a factor.

All this, plus what Doc said above, which is probably the biggest factor. $3MM for a back-up, old, recently injured LB is a lot - even for the Bills! But, I really liked how the Lorax and Albright played.