Pure Genius: Patriots Acquire Mingo from Cleveland

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll see if they can crack 10 wins this year. Then and only then i'll get excited.

By then it will be too late... "Hey guys when they win A Superbowl then I will become a fan"

You basically explained what a bandwagon fans is.

Edited by Beef Jerky

It's always weird to me that people refuse to trust themselves enough to make an assessment on the quality of the team. I wonder if it's so that they can say I told you so if they turn out right? It really is sort of an insecure approach. A lot of us will say things that end up wrong but we don't sit here waiting for the worst to be proven wrong. It's okay to think that, if healthy, this team has talent. They have lots of it. They may struggle to rush the passer early with the injuries/ suspensions. The offense appears to be on the upswing. They have a QB, a dynamic RB and a franchise WR to go with a good OL. If they don't perform to their capability it isn't lack of talent.

It's always weird to me that people refuse to trust themselves enough to make an assessment on the quality of the team. I wonder if it's so that they can say I told you so if they turn out right? It really is sort of an insecure approach. A lot of us will say things that end up wrong but we don't sit here waiting for the worst to be proven wrong. It's okay to think that, if healthy, this team has talent. They have lots of it. They may struggle to rush the passer early with the injuries/ suspensions. The offense appears to be on the upswing. They have a QB, a dynamic RB and a franchise WR to go with a good OL. If they don't perform to their capability it isn't lack of talent.

It's always weird for me too but I realize everyone focuses on different things. Certain people just like to stare at stats with players like Sammy Watkins, never even acknowledging that he is singularly driven to succeed, obsessed with the game but also blessed with exceptional talent, that is the real reason we gave up draft picks to get him. Heart and soul of a team, like Jerry Hughes. People can look at LeShawn McCoy's stats and say he wasn't worth the money but go to the game and he's still a dynamic force as a running back, even if it doesn't always show in the stats.

People like to see the statistical evidence all line up before they take a stand on the quality of the team. One of my favorite teams was the '87 bills. I was finishing up high school in central Ohio but was filled with certainty that finally, FINALLY, the Bills would be a force to be reckoned with soon. After so many lousy years, talent just oozed from the field. Go check the stats on that year, nothing stood out in the statistics, losing record, but no one wanted to play them. Bunch of bad-ass talent on the cusp that just needed seasoning and a couple more pieces of the puzzle. That's exactly what happened but some fans waited a year or two more before admitting it.

This Bills team is definitely on the cusp after last year, injuries will determine where we go this year but our success will be undeniable next year unless there's a FO shakeup.

Well, going from a losing environment to a winning one helps every player.

And I loved the Hughes move at the time. I love the idea of getting a 1st pick for basically nothing. I would welcome Mingo for a low round pick. Mingo has had more sacks than Highes in his first 3 years.

If the Bills made this move, would you like it?

I wish the Bills had made it honestly. They have such a need for pass rushing LBs right now. Why not take a chance?

The point is the team is at the cusp.

On the cusp of making the playoffs? Maybe. On the cusp of a championship? No.

It's always weird for me too but I realize everyone focuses on different things. Certain people just like to stare at stats with players like Sammy Watkins, never even acknowledging that he is singularly driven to succeed, obsessed with the game but also blessed with exceptional talent, that is the real reason we gave up draft picks to get him. Heart and soul of a team, like Jerry Hughes. People can look at LeShawn McCoy's stats and say he wasn't worth the money but go to the game and he's still a dynamic force as a running back, even if it doesn't always show in the stats.

People like to see the statistical evidence all line up before they take a stand on the quality of the team. One of my favorite teams was the '87 bills. I was finishing up high school in central Ohio but was filled with certainty that finally, FINALLY, the Bills would be a force to be reckoned with soon. After so many lousy years, talent just oozed from the field. Go check the stats on that year, nothing stood out in the statistics, losing record, but no one wanted to play them. Bunch of bad-ass talent on the cusp that just needed seasoning and a couple more pieces of the puzzle. That's exactly what happened but some fans waited a year or two more before admitting it.

This Bills team is definitely on the cusp after last year, injuries will determine where we go this year but our success will be undeniable next year unless there's a FO shakeup.

Nice post Gary!! I hope that you are right and the talent starts translating to results.

• 1 month later...