Pure Genius: Patriots Acquire Mingo from Cleveland

Per Schefter.

@AdamSchefter

Browns are trading the sixth overall pick from the 2013 draft, LB Barkevious Mingo, to the New England Patriots, per source.

@RapSheet

Source: The #Browns are working on a deal to trade Barkevious Mingo to the #Patriots. Working out specifics now.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Genius move by the Pats***. Sheer genius. Did I mention Belichick is a genius?

GO BILLS!!!

Haha. I know the Pats certainly miss on their share of players but I hate moves like this. Do I think there's a chance that he might be a good player in NE instead of the tire fire that's Cleveland? Of course. NE just did this with

Sheard who put up his best sack numbers since his rookie year with them.

I'm always in favor of getting former high draft picks for low costs, barring major issues. Jerry Highes was a failure in INd and we stole him. It's amazing what a winning culture can do for a player.

Except Sheard signed as a FA and had time to learn the playbook and the Patriot** way.

I can't imagine coming in when TC is practically over is going to help Mingo.

Aren't we hoping for the same thing with Lawson?

For some reason, I have a feeling Belichick will make the transition as easy as possible for him.

Haha. I know the Pats certainly miss on their share of players but I hate moves like this. Do I think there's a chance that he might be a good player in NE instead of the tire fire that's Cleveland? Of course. NE just did this with

Sheard who put up his best sack numbers since his rookie year with them.

I'm always in favor of getting former high draft picks for low costs, barring major issues. Jerry Highes was a failure in INd and we stole him. It's amazing what a winning culture can do for a player.

Aren't we hoping for the same thing with Lawson?

For some reason, I have a feeling Belichick will make the transition as easy as possible for him.

Are you really trying to compare Lawson, who has been around the Bills all offseason and Mingos situation?

Will Bellichick make it as easy as he did for Haynesworth or how about Ocho Cinco?

He is horrible

He might be. But he's 25 and has had a different DC every year of his career. Believe it or not, he had more sacks in his first 3 years than Hughes did. Would you have said Hughes was horrible when we got him?

IMO, these are those subtle, no real loss moves, good teams make. If this guy could have been gotten for a 7th or so, I'd take him on the Bills.