Josh Gordon - Would you trade for him?

Josh Gordon  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want to trade for him?

• Yes - He is super talented and cheap
    • No - We already have too many knuckleheads

ESPN is saying that multiple teams have contacted the Browns trying to trade for Josh Gordon. Would you want the Bills to do that (assuming a reasonable cost)?

For me it is a yes despite his spotty track record. He is extremely talented and plays a position of need. I do not think that Woods is a #2 receiver and he is a FA after this year. I'd role the dice for a 4th or later.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think our biggest (maybe final) need offensively is a big WR who can line up outside and compliment Sammy across the field, allowing Woods to work primarily from the slot. We have some guys internally who could be that, but they are all unproven. Gordon could also fill that need, but his breakout year was a while ago at this point and he's too unreliable to give up what the Browns would want.

So yes, I'd take him for dirt cheap, but the Browns aren't going to give him up for dirt cheap.

I'm a big fan of Woods unlike many here, but Josh Gordon is an elite talent. If he's not better than Sammy, he's pretty close. I'd do it in a heartbeat for a mid to late round pick, but I'm sure Cleveland wants a lot more.

Edited by QB Bills

This is a no brainer to me. When able to be on the field he is electric. I would part with up to a 3rd for him but I don't know if that would be enough to get him.

Maybe we should also look into Aaron Hernandez. He's electric on AND off the field.

Edited by Kemp

Maybe we should also look into Aaron Hernandez. He's electric on AND off the field.

He's in jail for killing someone. Gordon likes to drink and smoke weed. You need help if you're trying to equate the two. Perhaps something to drink and some weed.

He's in jail for killing someone. Gordon likes to drink and smoke weed. You need help if you're trying to equate the two. Perhaps something to drink and some weed.

The point is that if you continue to shop from the dung heap, you shouldn't be surprised with the crap you end up with.

If a player makes the same mistake multiple times and you want him on your team, you're not thinking clearly.

The point is that if you continue to shop from the dung heap, you shouldn't be surprised with the crap you end up with.

If a player makes the same mistake multiple times and you want him on your team, you're not thinking clearly.

Good thing they didn't go out and pick up a known misogynist to play LG last year

Good thing they didn't go out and pick up a known misogynist to play LG last year

I don't believe the Bills traded anything for him.

They got a good season from him. He might have another good season left in him. We'll see.

Gordon is a multiple offender one puff from removed forever from football. I have nothing against weed, but if you're stupid enough to give up tens of millions twice, you're not worth taking a chance on.

The Bills, under Rex, remind me of the Bengals from a few years ago.

On the other hand, it's hard to swing a dead cat on the field without hitting someone who might be in jail if not for football.