Marcell Dareus entering rehab

YoloinOhio

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is not likely...that they didn't get bussed to/from SJF?

No likely they did, and they were not with Dareus and his last hurrah.

I am very upset and was unclear. apologise, Blue

I feel like the shirt isn't getting enough criticism. I mean...

And then there is that stupid captains hat he wears everywhere.

Fashion rehab needed too IMO

So now it comes out about the hat/e.

:flirt:

I live in the rehab capital, have known some people that work in that industry and the vast majority of patients show up high.

Still stupid though.

Which is why they usually spend the first 24-48 hours in a hospital style environment and are monitored. I'm curious where your rehab capital is though. It's certainly true that there are "rehab hubs", it's a huge industry.

Which is why they usually spend the first 24-48 hours in a hospital style environment and are monitored. I'm curious where your rehab capital is though. It's certainly true that there are "rehab hubs", it's a huge industry.

Delray Beach Fl, which is a great place. This has become a big problem in communities like this. There are companies that are legitament and people that genuinely want help, but they are far out numbered by bad providers and people that have no intention of rehabbing.

I'll stand by my statement, even IF that is the situation. No one there looks smarter in your scenario.

I don't think they care, really. That was my point---they don't see this huge moral dilemma of a guy wrestling with "his demons". He wanted to get high--he's not the only one still on the team who smokes weed. He screwed up the protocol for getting high as a repeat offender and got busted.

His team mates know how the script goes....

It does't start tomorrow. That's what Johnny M said and see how that turned out. He hasn't learned his leason and is set to get burned big time. His agant and maybe the team said go to rehab and the heat will be off. You can see how serious he is about it all. I believe he is a lost cause. Sorry to say. Sad really.

There is no such thing. I've seen poor souls lost, and I've seen incredible rebounds and rebirths. You never know, but there is no lost cause. Period.

Delray Beach Fl, which is a great place. This has become a big problem in communities like this. There are companies that are legitament and people that genuinely want help, but they are far out numbered by bad providers and people that have no intention of rehabbing.

We were in Sarasota (which I LOVE!), and all of Florida is in crisis due to lax pain killer laws. For those who don't know, easy access to pain killers leads kids to heroin. More than you can imagine. I believe they've changed some laws (after a friend of my sons died - and her grandad used to do legal work for Gov Scott), but still, it's a mess. Florida at one point was selling something crazy like 85% of the oxycodone in the nation. Huge business, and a wide spectrum of quality in assistance.

Let's just hope he gets clean. We need him.

And the NFL is not going to reduce his suspension. Their rules are pretty black and white on the substance abuse and PED policies. Maybe, but a long shot. They can sometimes reduce personal conduct suspensions.

I couldn't care less if he gets clean. Just that he PASS the tests and help this team win.

I know...it's as silly as it sounds. Get that monkey off his back!

They will monitor him in a hospital-like setting for 24-48 hours for signs of sublethal boredom.

That's actually pretty funny! Fortunately, that's about all they'd be likely to get. Unfortunately, that's the protocol for serious and time proven reasons. I've known people who can do everything from smoke cigarettes to snort coke and be able top drop it on a dime and never miss it. I've also known people who needed their weed every single day and couldn't miss it. I'm not usually a pain in the arse on any one topic, but this is one I don't back down on. Did you ever consider a Pro Bowl NFL player might be depressed, even to the point of suicide, when entering a highly publicized rehab? That would be extremely unlikely, but certainly a possibility you have to consider. Who knows what is in the mind behind the public mask when going through the most traumatic thing in a person's life? But it's easy to be glib because it's only weed...

That's actually pretty funny! Fortunately, that's about all they'd be likely to get. Unfortunately, that's the protocol for serious and time proven reasons. I've known people who can do everything from smoke cigarettes to snort coke and be able top drop it on a dime and never miss it. I've also known people who needed their weed every single day and couldn't miss it. I'm not usually a pain in the arse on any one topic, but this is one I don't back down on. Did you ever consider a Pro Bowl NFL player might be depressed, even to the point of suicide, when entering a highly publicized rehab? That would be extremely unlikely, but certainly a possibility you have to consider. Who knows what is in the mind behind the public mask when going through the most traumatic thing in a person's life? But it's easy to be glib because it's only weed...

This is a very good point.

Also, don't forget all of the tragedy he has had in his life - especially for a young guy.

It always seemed odd to me that the penalty for smoking weed was suspension and banishment from the team. It seems to me that this exactly backward. Forgetting for a moment whether there should even be punishment for smoking marijuana, why would the NFL take away the guy's support system when dealing with addictions. This makes no sense to me.

So if it were your son who agreed to go into rehab at your urging you would be perfectly fine with him going out with the fellas one last time?

Apparently he is guilty of allowing a girl to buy him a hot dog.

I have no problem with what he did. Let's not pretend the guy is addicted to heroin and was photographed shooting up in an alleyway.