Bills cut Karlos Williams

FireChan

you dont lose a spot. thats not a real thing.

they literally would pick him up on a league minimum deal (couldnt negotiate better if they wanted) and could cut him tomorrow if the workout flops. the cost would be the 90th guy on their roster, a week before cuts.

26 - id be curious about your take on what message this sends and how it is different than the message claiming him would send?

Thought the rule was that if you succesfully claim someone on waivers, you go to the bottom of the list?

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they literally would pick him up on a league minimum deal (couldnt negotiate better if they wanted) and could cut him tomorrow if the workout flops. the cost would be the 90th guy on their roster, a week before cuts.

26 - id be curious about your take on what message this sends and how it is different than the message claiming him would send?

I'll be surprised if they sign him now. My take is they want to get an in-person look to see where he is from both physical and mental perspectives for a possible signing after his suspension is over.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Thanks to you (and kelly) for clearing that up--I was apparently mistaken

I'll be surprised if they sign him now. My take is they want to get an in-person look to see where he is from both physical and mental perspectives for a possible signing after his suspension is over.

so is that a different message than a claim would be? the only gap i see is that they essentially gave away the "right of first refusal" on him that ive been referring to the claim as.

Thanks to you (and kelly) for clearing that up--I was apparently mistaken

no worries - im still waiting for someone to come in and tell me im missing something obvious on this. its happened to me before too!

so is that a different message than a claim would be? the only gap i see is that they essentially gave away the "right of first refusal" on him that ive been referring to the claim as.

no worries - im still waiting for someone to come in and tell me im missing something obvious on this. its happened to me before too!

The difference is you don't have to cut anyone with him just visiting as opposed to making a waiver claim.

I think a common misconception among fans is that players -- even in the same position group -- are all buddies. I think it's extremely doubtful Shady spent one second of time outside the locker room with Karlos. Shady is a bright, well-spoken, man about town...three things Karlos is not.

Again, I put very little weight into what Shady said publicly about the release of Karlos.

I could totally see the Jets signing him. They'd love to stick it to Rex for the IK nonsense, and beat him over the head with his own shoe.

I can see why the Bills released the guy - but I can see Kelly's "why now" point also. It will really suck if he becomes a productive weapon for a division rival, and/or we quickly run into depth issues at the RB spot (which would be such a Bills thing to happen).

I'm glad they cut him. Sends a no-nonsense message to all the players. Hit the road, Jack. We don't need your kind around here.

Time was when we'd all wring our hands and fawn over an athlete with decent talent and a messed-up head. No more. It's a New Era baby!

I could totally see the Jets signing him. They'd love to stick it to Rex for the IK nonsense, and beat him over the head with his own shoe.

I can see why the Bills released the guy - but I can see Kelly's "why now" point also. It will really suck if he becomes a productive weapon for a division rival, and/or we quickly run into depth issues at the RB spot (which would be such a Bills thing to happen).

The Bills cut Karlos because he fell down the depth chart, simple as that. If he goes on to a great career, good for him. I dont know why people worry about stuff like this.

Maybe he can actually start losing weight instead of gaining it?

The fact that he showed up in the offseason.......FOURTY POUNDS.....overweight....then showed up at training camp even fatter? Screams that this guy does not get it.

Is this your FireChan imitation? :nana:

ha - it just bugs me when people use "well no one else did it" as the counter argument when theres a relatively sound argument for something.

im actually hoping someone will jump in with a great retort. but the cost of the 90th guy a week before cuts just isnt doing it. "the message sent" seems to not be where hes hanging his hat now that the workout is happening (because the message is the same).

I'm glad they cut him. Sends a no-nonsense message to all the players. Hit the road, Jack. We don't need your kind around here.

"....unless we recently signed you to a contract with 60 million guaranteed. Then the message is...'more offseason nonsense and another suspension? No problem!--but better lay low in rehab for a while--but make sure you stop by the team event on Chippawa before you check in!!'"

"....unless we recently signed you to a contract with 60 million guaranteed. Then the message is...'more offseason nonsense and another suspension? No problem!--but better lay low in rehab for a while--but make sure you stop by the team event on Chippawa before you check in!!'"

Weo.....so what would you suggest here?

yea, they literally have no choice with MD even if they hate the guy and wanted to cut him. the dude is untouchable at the moment. all they can do is hope he gets stuff on track.

And draft a player next year "just in case"

I really like the young guys....but Washington is not a "middle" guy....I like Worthy but he is light in the ass to do what Marcel does (308 compared to 330 or whatever)

If Marcel cant keep it together and ends up with a year ban next year......we need to be proactive