Dak Prescott

YoloinOhio

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He looks incredible

He did look good, but he also had an INT called back on a defensive penalty last night. Also, the TD to Bryant was poorly thrown, were it not for Bryant's freakish ability, that is likely incomplete, possibly killing the drive. He's also playing behind the best OL in the NFL, against a mix of starters and 2nd tier defenders. I'm not saying he stinks, but the stats aren't a perfect reflection of the total package. Romo will start, Dak will back up and the Jones clan can promote him next season (2017), right after Romo's body explodes again.

I mean "a QB who is, by most accounts, closer to being ready to start in the NFL."

I think that Cardale would look as good as Prescott behind the Dallas O-line.

I mean "a QB who is, by most accounts, closer to being ready to start in the NFL."

Judging who is ready to start by preseason games is fool's gold.

Brett Hundley had a great preseason as a rookie. EJ Manuel had over a 100 qb rating as rookie.

Football is very exciting. But most of the time, preseason really is meaningless when the real season starts.

He did look good, but he also had an INT called back on a defensive penalty last night. Also, the TD to Bryant was poorly thrown, were it not for Bryant's freakish ability, that is likely incomplete, possibly killing the drive. He's also playing behind the best OL in the NFL, against a mix of starters and 2nd tier defenders. I'm not saying he stinks, but the stats aren't a perfect reflection of the total package. Romo will start, Dak will back up and the Jones clan can promote him next season (2017), right after Romo's body explodes again.

I think that Cardale would look as good as Prescott behind the Dallas O-line.

Prescott was considered a project.

Dak was the best QB that MSU program had in a LONG time.... Still, it was such a b#lls#&t offense that I thought he'd struggle with the pro game... At the present time, Dak is operating the Cowboys offense with an EASE and efficiency Romo fans should find ALARMING... There's no hesitation, no confusion, and not a single drop of waste... If you didn't know anything about the two QB's, you'd think Prescott was the starter...

Looks unbelievable so far. "Just preseason" or is he the real deal?

Dak Prescott's preseason: 6 TDs, 5 incompletions.

passer rating in 1st two preseason games:

154.5 & 158.3 (perfect) w/ 4 TD passes & 2 TD runs.

Brandon Weeden put up the best Preseason of all QBs ever... Yes that is why it is Preseason Edited by Beef Jerky

Cowboys in a great situation. Great starter with a solid backup who can learn from him for 2 years or so. Also has one of the NFL's best RB's and WRs, plus a great O line. Great place for rookie QB.

I noticed that all of Dak's throws are coming out of a clean pocket and when he was pressured for the first time, boom, INT (called back for late hit, though). How well a QB performs under pressure is the most important thing.

not much pressure with the Cowboys stacked O-line.

Some LB on his own team will probably break his jaw

Guy is not a leader

Haha, the JP Losman effect.

Again, let's see some of these guys in meaningful games. I loved to see the archives of past Qbs the board has fallen in love with in preseason that never panned out.

I did forget about that. And you might throw in Jeff Tuel for historical purposes. Exhibition Season Heroes everywhere!

So in Prescott's case, his preseason performance means the Bills screwed up by failing to draft him, but Cardale's preseason success is meaningless. Got it. Edited by mannc