This guys looks like the Bills' #3 WR.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So he's going to hurt in game 3 and quit? I bet Reggie could fill that role.

why even use him now?

Where is harvin anyway?

Why, does it rub you the wrong way?

look you need to steer clear of me. I'll roast you, Chuck. Edited by Boyst62

I don't see how Little makes the team.

How did they let the WR position get so thin?

I actually thin your underrating Little....they guy is a huge beast of a WR that does exactly what the bills want.

I think guys like Powell and Dez Lewis have practice squad eligibility so we will stash them....injuries happen

The top 3 at the moment are identified Watkins, Woods, Goodwin

Then I think it is Salas and Little

Frankly....Boykin's performance in training camp has been erratic......much like Dez Lewis has

He could the the insurance policy for Goodwin.

Well as long as he is ready after the 1st qtr, week 1 I'm fine with that.

Goodwin getting hurt is about the same as the duke boys going to a plan B.

Edited by The Wiz

I have been pleasantly surprised to see WR Jarrett Boykin rise to the top of the crowded pack of no name WRs not named Watkins or Woods that the Bills currently have on their roster.

Your thoughts on Boykin and the status of the Bills' WR corps??

I don't think Boykin has risen to the top. Goodwin is the number 3 if healthy (yeah, I know that's a serious IF, but he's healthy for now). Boykin has flashed the last couple practices. Little flashed earlier in camp. Powell is the one WR among that group who has consistently been said to make plays and he brought that into the Colts games last week. He also is a guy who can be the backup Punt and Kick returner to Bush. I don't see how they keep him off. For me it's this order:

Watkins

Woods

Goodwin

Salas

Powell

Lewis/Little/Boykin

Lewis also has PS eligibility so he will be on the team in some capacity one way or the other. That could be a help for the case of Little/Boykin. Depends on their special teams abilities. I also think Reggie Bush is a guy who might play some slot receiver. If Rex wants to keep one more safety then WR might only get 5, with Lewis going to PS.

I actually thin your underrating Little....they guy is a huge beast of a WR that does exactly what the bills want.

I think guys like Powell and Dez Lewis have practice squad eligibility so we will stash them....injuries happen

The top 3 at the moment are identified Watkins, Woods, Goodwin

Then I think it is Salas and Little

Frankly....Boykin's performance in training camp has been erratic......much like Dez Lewis has

Little has zero athletic ability - he cannot separate at all, and needs to rely on scheme to get open. Even then, his hands are even worse - he's basically Hankerson without any sharp cutting ability. If he makes the team, we're in serious trouble at the position.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

I think Little stood out early in camp, but hasn't shown much since. Can't see how he would make the roster.

But, I think there are players they want to succeed more than others. I think they want Lewis to succeed to where they can put him on the roster more so than Boykin for the type of player he is. Having a 6'4" WR with exceptional high-point ability is awfully handy. I'm hoping (and expecting) Lewis to be given plenty of opportunities today.

But, as it stands, it seems pretty obvious that Goodwin is the most likely #3. And, who knows? Maybe this is his year.

Little has zero athletic ability - he cannot separate at all, and needs to rely on scheme to get open. Even then, his hands are even worse - he's basically Hankerson without any sharp cutting ability. If he makes the team, we're in serious trouble at the position.

Disagree with that. Athletic ability has never been Little's problem. He is physically about as gifted as almost any wr in the NFL.

He just has feet for hands and no feel for the subtles of being a pro receiver.