Sorry, but I'm still going to miss Hogan

You're welcome. I'll be glad to continue to do so while you look up non sequitur in the dictionary.

Nah I'm all set. I already know what it means. But you should probably double check what the discussion in the thread was about which was Hogan making a TD catch tonight, I responded to that. I never claimed to be commenting on the original topic title.

Keep trying to be a smart ass though.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a chandler fan but he might've been a fine enough #2 tight end for us. That's not crazy

The Chandler discussion really has nothing to do with Hogan, but since nobody will let it go: he was paid about what Jerome Felton was paid last year. Red Zone threat who produced 4 TDs appears to be reasonable value. People seem obsessed (envy?) with pointing out every Pats signing that didn't turn into gold ...

Nah I'm all set. I already know what it means. But you should probably double check what the discussion in the thread was about which was Hogan making a TD catch tonight, I responded to that. I never claimed to be commenting on the original topic title.

Keep trying to be a smart ass though.

I'll try. But really -- I just reproduced an espn game thread blurb WITHOUT COMMENT. Jumping to the conclusion that I was saying Hogan will be a world beater with the Pats says more about the reader than the writer.

The Chandler discussion really has nothing to do with Hogan, but since nobody will let it go: he was paid about what Jerome Felton was paid last year. Red Zone threat who produced 4 TDs appears to be reasonable value. People seem obsessed (envy?) with pointing out every Pats signing that didn't turn into gold ...

I'll try. But really -- I just reproduced an espn game thread blurb WITHOUT COMMENT. Jumping to the conclusion that I was saying Hogan will be a world beater with the Pats says more about the reader than the writer.

But what does what you posted have to do with the original topic title?

More words in my mouth huh?

Where did I say Hogan was going to be a world beater? You posted that Hogan scored a TD. I posted that Chandler scored a TD in preseason last season as well. They are both ex Bills, hence the relevance.

Except that Welker didn't have any of those 100 catch seasons until he landed in NE and caught passes from Brady...doesnt mean Hogan is the next Welker, but just pointing out that Welker was essentially no one until he got to NE.

I know but he was an all conference player at Texas Tech and had the NCAA punt return for TD record. He was an uber quick slot guy that was ultra productive but people thought was too small. Miami used him some and New England identified him as the quick slot guy. Hogan is none of those things. He plays on the outside. People say that he reminds them of Welker for no reason other than white receivers that went to New England. He's actually more like Amendola or Ricky Proehl if we have to compare him to a white receiver. His game is nothing like Welker's.

He was playing injured. You're ragging on him is always tiring.

Chander?!? He played in 15 games (my bad). People said that he would beat Pro Bowler (like every guy that New England adds). They were wrong, he averaged 1.5 catches a game. He didn't magically become great because he put on the super hero costume (aka a Pats uniform).

It's not ragging on him by saying what he is, a below average TE. He was never a good player but had a great opportunity with us. People often mistake opportunity for ability. The Bills used to start Donald Jones at WR too. He was terrible. Just because those guys started doesn't mean they were starting caliber.

I'm not a chandler fan but he might've been a fine enough #2 tight end for us. That's not crazy

Agreed, I was never saying that he wouldn't have been an okay number 2. It was the people predicting him to be a Pro Bowler (you know, because New England) that drove me nuts. Edited by Kirby Jackson

Sort of like Scott Chandler did. I'm sure Gilmore, Darby, Robey-Coleman, and Seymour have already soiled their pants with dread.

Hogan wins the Robey Coleman matchup. He is exactly the type of guy the pats use well, create mismatches with and exploit. Precise routes and open quick... Watch him after week 4 with the QB coming back from suspension before dismissing him.

I hope the bills have a 3rd WR as effective as he was, we will see.

Hogan wins the Robey Coleman matchup. He is exactly the type of guy the pats use well, create mismatches with and exploit. Precise routes and open quick... Watch him after week 4 with the QB coming back from suspension before dismissing him.

Hogan isn't a matchup guy that any defense will fear. He is and has always been JAG.

That's pretty much what the Chargers and dolphins seemed to think about another very average slot guy that the patsies grabbed and turned into a probowler...

Please stop with the ridiculous Wes Welker comparisons. Not even close to being the same type or caliber of player. They are white guys who play WR and that's where the comparison begins and ends.

Please stop with the ridiculous Wes Welker comparisons. Not even close to being the same type or caliber of player. They are white guys who play WR and that's where the comparison begins and ends.

They are physically average JAWGs who are good at getting open quickly. Edelman would be a #4 on most other teams too.

I'm also pointing out Welker was invisible in every offense not run by Brady or Mannning.

So yeah hogan is a bubble guy everywhere else but the one thing he excels at happens to be what's beli treasures most.

Thank you. Welker/Chandler/Hogan - they all have exactly two things in common: their race, and the Pats acquired them.

Chandler can't block or run. Surprised pats took him but they rarely used him. He definitely shouldn't be in the conversation Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

They are physically average JAWGs who are good at getting open quickly. Edelman would be a #4 on most other teams too.

I'm also pointing out Welker was invisible in every offense not run by Brady or Mannning.

So yeah hogan is a bubble guy everywhere else but the one thing he excels at happens to be what's beli treasures most.

Chandler can't block or run. Surprised pats took him but they rarely used him. He definitely shouldn't be in the conversation

Well, not really. At the risk of saying it again (you know, the dreaded LAX thing)-- Hogan is an excellent athlete who has excelled at two sports. He's also a pretty big receiver who, in a bygone era, would've probably bulked up a bit and been a slot/small TE guy. Welker was amazingly quick/agile/small. Again, I think the comparison comes because of race and the Pats connection. Now I will say this: Belichick definitely has exploited a market inefficiency that we could call "the systematic undervaluing of smaller white RBs (Danny Woodhead comes to mind) and WRs."

Edited by The Frankish Reich

He plays on the outside.

Well, not really. At the risk of saying it again (you know, the dreaded LAX thing)-- Hogan is an excellent athlete who has excelled at two sports. He's also a pretty big receiver who, in a bygone era, would've probably bulked up a bit and been a slot/small TE guy. Welker was amazingly quick/agile/small. Again, I think the comparison comes because of race and the Pats connection. Now I will say this: Belichick definitely has exploited a market inefficiency that we could call "the systematic undervaluing of smaller white RBs (Danny Woodhead comes to mind) and WRs."

I don't give a rats azz about his skin color. Pats value wrs that get open very quickly. Brady identifies the best mismatch pre-snap and the ball comes out because their guys get open. Edelman, Welker are two examples.

Welker was a bubble WR in Miami and in San Diego.

Hogan was a bubble guy in Miami and b-lo. He gets open early and often. He may well be very successful in that offense... He's second on the team in preseason catches and yards already.

I once wondered if Stevie also would have been a stud in NE for the same reason, getting open fast... But I guess they passed because of your race hang up.

That's pretty much what the Chargers and dolphins seemed to think about another very average slot guy that the patsies grabbed and turned into a probowler...

Actually he was quite good on the Dolphins who recognized that and very much wanted to keep him until the cheating Patriots stole him from them.

Welker was amazing at Texas Tech while hogan was busy playing lacrosse ?

If hogan was twice as fast he might be welker.

Welkers final year in Miami he also had like 70 catches, and was kick and punt returner and tendered at the second round level.... So he was a little more than a complete unknown