Tank 2016 for Greg Roman - HC

Roman as HC would be a great transition for the franchise. Here's to tanking 2016 for Greg Roman, Head Coach !! hell anyone can coach the defense, in today's NFL, defense is for losers. offense is for winners! The Pegs (and I, because I believe its valuable) get their continuity on offense and in general, and we get rid of Rex and his f-t bro.

What say you? Is this the silver lining for what looks like a tire fire of a season?

Edited by 8and8-->NoMore

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like Rex either but to tank a season hoping your coach gets fired is :wacko:

didn't mean actually "Sabres" tank so much, really was wondering if this is real silver lining in all this Dareus, Ragland, Lawson(s) mess... I mean Offense is king in the NFL, Roman is strong, Rex D is unneccesary at best and destructive at worst. Hey Rex can be honestly thanked for bringing the franchise TT and Greg Roman...

it all kind of works for me in, yes, a :cry: kind of way

ah , hell they'll prob go 4-0 with a bunch of guys whaley brings in and all will be good

Edited by 8and8-->NoMore

In all due respect to the OP, what amazes me is for YEARSSSSSS we as BILLS fans have been screaming for a legitimate NFL Head Coach / OC / DC and now this team has all of that!! And NOW, there's the idea of tanking the season for a new HC??? Really?? I really like Roman, A LOT, I think he's the first legit OC Buffalo has had in quite some time, but this is just....over the edge, IMO.

Tank? We bring back pretty much a healthier version of the 13th ranked offense in the league. The NUMBER 1 rushing attack in the NFL. And as bad as things are on defense with injuries and stupidity, they were already really bad. They will not be historically bad, we still have 2 GOOD corners, decent safeties, and respected vet/leader Kyle Williams.

Get out of here with that tank rhetoric. We're as good as we were last year... and we DO get Lawson back at some point. We get Dareus/karlos back after 4 games. The season is not lost.

I know I made mention of this in another thread, and I think that's what the OP ran with, but I want to clarify:

I am not advocating a tank. I want us to kick butt this year. I like Rex.

But, from what we have seen so far, if there is something that is going to be a let down, it's the defense. Now, that's not all on Rex. Some are injuries you don't see coming (IK and Ragland), but some of it is behavior: IK punching a teammate. Continuing offsides in practices. Dareus getting another suspension. These are things coaching accounts for.

On the other hand, Roman has been doing a rather good job by most accounts. He's been hit with several problems (Seantrel's illness, Sammy injury, Karlos out of shape and suspended) but from most accounts the Offense sounds better. Taylor is progressing and taking charge. Shady came back in great shape. They are getting something out of Reggie Bush. The journeyman WRs seem to be showing something.

If things do go pear shaped, I would like to see what Roman can do rather than start looking from scratch.

Roman as HC would be a great transition for the franchise. Here's to tanking 2016 for Greg Roman, Head Coach !! hell anyone can coach the defense, in today's NFL, defense is for losers. offense is for winners! The Pegs (and I, because I believe its valuable) get their continuity on offense and in general, and we get rid of Rex and his f-t bro.

What say you? Is this the silver lining for what looks like a tire fire of a season?

Tank a season before we even play a single regular season game with a team that is loaded with talent. Yeah, sounds like a great idea.