Tank 2016 for Greg Roman - HC

I know I made mention of this in another thread, and I think that's what the OP ran with, but I want to clarify:

I am not advocating a tank. I want us to kick butt this year. I like Rex.

But, from what we have seen so far, if there is something that is going to be a let down, it's the defense. Now, that's not all on Rex. Some are injuries you don't see coming (IK and Ragland), but some of it is behavior: IK punching a teammate. Continuing offsides in practices. Dareus getting another suspension. These are things coaching accounts for.

On the other hand, Roman has been doing a rather good job by most accounts. He's been hit with several problems (Seantrel's illness, Sammy injury, Karlos out of shape and suspended) but from most accounts the Offense sounds better. Taylor is progressing and taking charge. Shady came back in great shape. They are getting something out of Reggie Bush. The journeyman WRs seem to be showing something.

If things do go pear shaped, I would like to see what Roman can do rather than start looking from scratch.

If the offense shines this year Roman's gonna get a hc gig somewhere and we'll be trying to replace him. The only way Roman stays past this season is if we let go of Rex mid season. Not saying that's gonna happen.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the offense shines this year Roman's gonna get a hc gig somewhere and we'll be trying to replace him. The only way Roman stays past this season is if we let go of Rex mid season. Not saying that's gonna happen.

That's been in the back of my mind. I was pleasantly surprised Roman didn't get any calls this offseason.

Again, I am in no way advocating a tank, and sometimes brilliant Coordinators make terrible head coaches (see Schwartz, Wade Phillips) but I want to keep the man.

Is this because you want to keep Roman as OC or because you think he'll be a good HC?

Roman is a good OC unsure about HC

Wade Phillips is a good DC , not so much a HC

Pay Roman more to stay here as OC and hope that is enough pressure for him.

Roman is a good OC unsure about HC

Wade Phillips is a good DC , not so much a HC

Pay Roman more to stay here as OC and hope that is enough pressure for him.

There's been many people in San Francisco that laughed off Roman as a HC. Quite honestly, I agree.

Roman's offense was the third-most penalised in the NFL last year. That doesn't really scream to you that the coach is in complete control of his charges.

Tanking for a new HC is the absolutely the dumbest thing Ive ever heard, I feel a lot dumber for reading the OP.

1st - The Browns switch HC's every 2 years, hows that working out for them; no time to win, but maybe im old school when it comes to building a winner and not backing into the postseason 1 every 10 years.

2nd - if this team quit so bad that its a tank then Russ should fire everyone; all the way down to the beer guys so your choice is pointless.

Roman as HC would be a great transition for the franchise. Here's to tanking 2016 for Greg Roman, Head Coach !! hell anyone can coach the defense, in today's NFL, defense is for losers. offense is for winners! The Pegs (and I, because I believe its valuable) get their continuity on offense and in general, and we get rid of Rex and his f-t bro.

What say you? Is this the silver lining for what looks like a tire fire of a season?

No Tanks. However if you want a true tire fire go to One Bills Drive, put some tires around them with your favorite flammable liquid on them and threaten to light them on fire if they do not fire Ryans.

I don't like Rex either but to tank a season hoping your coach gets fired is :wacko:

Agreed

What makes you think Roman will be better?

The making of a good OC doesn't directly coordinate to a good leader of men. This is a ridiculous idea

Agreed

Tanking for a new HC is the absolutely the dumbest thing Ive ever heard, I feel a lot dumber for reading the OP.

1st - The Browns switch HC's every 2 years, hows that working out for them; no time to win, but maybe im old school when it comes to building a winner and not backing into the postseason 1 every 10 years.

2nd - if this team quit so bad that its a tank then Russ should fire everyone; all the way down to the beer guys so your choice is pointless.

Fire russ too... We've only been terrible ever since he was involved with this team. Guy is toxic.

A tank thread on Aug 17 has to be a new record, no?

seriously. Tanking at this point is a terrible idea. Even then whos to say Romans gonna wanna be HC in Buffalo? And as HC he wont be able to fully focus on offense. nah man this is just a terrible idea.

Tank the season so the current OC can be promoted? Presuming he'd want to be promoted to HC of a team that just purposely tanked the season?

This is the most stupid !@#$ing version of "winning only hurts the franchise" I've ever seen.

Tank the season so the current OC can be promoted? Presuming he'd want to be promoted to HC of a team that just purposely tanked the season?

This is the most stupid !@#$ing version of "winning only hurts the franchise" I've ever seen.

lol. How do you even approach this?

Ask Rex: "Dear Rex, Would you please purposefully lose so we can fire you?"

Ask Roman: "Hey Greg, wouldn't you want to be head coach of our team? Want to have your absolute worst season ever, on purpose, so we can fire Rex and you can take over next year? Don't worry, we'll all just ignore all the inevitable backlash for promoting an OC who was the worst in the league last year and completely screwed up the development of our newly-signed franchise QB. And you'll get to hand pick his successor from the myriad of terrible QB options available!".

Edited by Chilly

The Sabres players didn't intentionally tank during their two last-place finish years. Most of them tried as hard as possible, as professionals. They just weren't very good. It was the management that cleaned house, leaving the team bereft of NHL quality players.

The Bills management is absolutely not going to clean house this year. For one thing, seriously, wait till next year. We not only get next year's draft class, we get this year's too. The offense is still pretty loaded with talent and the defense will be too after another draft.

This year looks grim, from all the injuries and the stupidity. I expect the players will put forth a better effort on D than they did last year, but if the D still sucks look out for a serious collapse. And that could happen especially with one or two more injuries. If they start 1-3 or 0-4, I expect Ryan to be fired.

It isn't worth losing a season on purpose, but come on, we don't have anything to do with it. Do you think the Bills players will tank because we ask them to?