Possible One Game Suspension for Manny Lawson for DV

He's given us everything his source has given him. Not sure what else he can do.

Won't stop him from getting crucified on this board, though. Nothing like a witch hunt for the outrage crowd to make snark, then disappear when they're proven wrong.

Won't stop you from finding yet another thing to crusade about either.

Fact: Tim Graham's sources say there's a DV incident and possible one game suspension.

Fact: the NFL is currently investigating Manny Lawson and has no further comment.

Fact: posters like yourself will continue to snivel, moan and cry that Tim Graham is mean on Twitter, which means he's absolutely wrong, he's got nothing, he's just trolling etc etc, until he's proven right, in which case you will either disappear or pretend like there hasn't been a cause for concern this entire saga.

Rinse, wash, repeat. Tell me, does it get boring being dead wrong all the time? I imagine it's like being one of the greats. Gotta have a short-term memory in the race to be the first one to look foolish.

I really am getting tired of your grandstanding. If you want to be the moral compass I'd recommend you go find someplace else because you are tiring me out.

The attacks on Graham for breaking a story from his multiple trusted sources are just beyond bizarre.

As FireChan has already pointed out, the team has since been forced to admit there is some sort of investigation into an incident that we knew nothing about until TG broke the story--and posters are complaining about this?

Do yourselves a favor, if this harms your tender mercies for some reason--limit your Bills news intake to Baghdad Brown over at OBD. He will never hurt you.

He's a putz.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you say that something happened but don't know when or what it is or if there will be a suspension or not, then that's probably not enough to break the story, IMO. He just throws something out there to be first before he really knows what is happening.

Oh, and that is for including the usual bashing of other posters that makes TBD such a pleasure to read.

Isn't this how we found out about the McCoy night club saga? First a report about an incident, then more of the story filtered through. I would hardly call it excellent and informative reporting, but neither will I shoot the messenger. In fact, I only bashed the folks who do constantly shoot the messenger. You see it in every "insider" post, most of which come from reputable posters who have a history of being right. They get chirped for rumor mongering, for speculating, for anything under the sun.

One of the best, and I mean the best, part of TBD is the fact that we have ears to the ground. Think about all the little things we get to hear about more than the average fan. The members of this board are arguably the some of the most informed fans in the NFL when it comes to inner-workings, to behind the scenes, to guys with real info that they pass along. If writing a handful of sentences defending Tim Graham makes sure that this kind of practice continues, both from TBD posters and members of the media, I'll write them and damn what some think. My intent is not to offend.

Edited by FireChan

Isn't this how we found out about the McCoy night club saga? First a report about an incident, then more of the story filtered through. I would hardly call it excellent and informative reporting, but neither will I shoot the messenger. In fact, I only bashed the folks who do constantly shoot the messenger. You see it in every "insider" post, most of which come from reputable posters who have a history of being right. They get chirped for rumor mongering, for speculating, for anything under the sun.

One of the best, and I mean the best, part of TBD is the fact that we have ears to the ground. Think about all the little things we get to hear about more than the average fan. The members of this board are arguably the some of the most informed fans in the NFL when it comes to inner-workings, to behind the scenes, to guys with real info that they pass along. If writing a handful of sentences defending Tim Graham makes sure that this kind of practice continues, both from TBD posters and members of the media, I'll write them and damn what some think. My intent is not to offend.

Yeah. And look at all the needless hand-wringing that produced.

Q: What won’t you tolerate as head coach?

A: Domestic violence is something that we’re all cracking down on in this league. That’s something that’s important to us as an organization, important to me as a man, and important to me as a coach.

Apparently McAdoo's intollerance is similar to the NFL's 6 game suspension for domestic violence.

http://nypost.com/2016/01/16/ben-mcadoo-opens-up-on-his-suit-temper-and-ideal-giant/

@TomPelissero

NFL has released a statement on Josh Brown's suspension.

CqP1e9TXgAEki1N.jpg

This is a violation of Mr. Brown's civil rights. The Fifth amendment says that non person shall be "deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law". The NFL just deprived him of property without due process of law. This should not happen in America.

This is a violation of Mr. Brown's civil rights. The Fifth amendment says that non person shall be "deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law". The NFL just deprived him of property without due process of law. This should not happen in America.

the nfl is a private company not the law. your employer could probably fire you for such an incident.

The Constitution states what the government is allowed to do, not private employees. C'mon.

Edited by FireChan

The "due process" piece came in when he signed a contract agreeing to the terms of the CBA. He surrendered the rights, they weren't taken from him.

Rodak:

Bills OLB Manny Lawson responded today for the first time to the NFL's confirmation that he is being investigated for a personal conduct policy violation, saying there was "no physical violence" in 2014 domestic incident in Arizona. "We'll see what the NFL has to say about it," Lawson added, saying there have been no other incidents since then.

I don't remember. I just know that Graham has said, repeatedly, that the investigation is not for the 2014 incident.

Graham doesn't know what it's about. Neither does Lawson apparently.

There's an investigation going on into some unknown event, occurring at an unknown date with unknown people (except Lawson) that may or may not yield a suspension. Awesome.