Possible One Game Suspension for Manny Lawson for DV

I read this on Buff News look

“If you are convicted of a crime or subject to a disposition of a criminal proceeding, you are subject to discipline. But even if your conduct does not result in a criminal conviction, if the league finds that you have engaged in conduct [prohibited by the policy], you will be subject to discipline."

that means that even if hes innocent he could still get suspended just for being in that situation rite or wrong. That sucks.

That's not what that means. If he's innocent he's innocent. The purpose of writing that is to prevent players from getting off by reaching out of court settlements pre-trial.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there was even a whisper on OBD on making Kyle a cap casualty or whatever.

Right now there pretty darn happy to have the only friggin leader on the line. Ready to do battle.

Hell yeah dude. His impact from his absence last season was felt on the line and in leadership. Looking forward to him going out there with a chip on his soldier.

That's not what that means. If he's innocent he's innocent. The purpose of writing that is to prevent players from getting off by reaching out of court settlements pre-trial.

ahhh I see. I thought the league punished regardless of if you win the case or not. Thats good news.

Guessing 1 game vs 6 games.

Just like some personal fouls penalties are called. Some are a 5 yard penalty some you get kicked out of the game and suspended both are called Personal Fouls

I never heard a word about this when the NFL announced their revised DV policy.

Lawson has been the subject of an NFL investigation into an alleged domestic incident, The Buffalo News has confirmed with two separate league sources, and faces the possibility of a one-game league suspension for violating the NFL’s personal conduct policy.

Anything new here from yesterday?

@MatthewFairburn

Manny Lawson says there was no domestic violence incident. He reached out to the league yesterday and hasn't heard back from the league.

@SalSports

Manny Lawson denies any incident at all and says he and his agent will get to the bottom of it.

@MatthewFairburn

Doug Whaley says the Bills have not heard from the league regarding a possible suspension for Manny Lawson.

@JonTWCNews

Lawson says the only thing that's happened this offseason is his pec injury. #BillsCamp

@SalSports

More Manny: says it's an unfortunate distraction for all his family and friends and he just wants to play football.

Weird. I wonder if its Shaq Lawson??

nah, reading the article today with the agent quotes, I think it is clear he was mentioned as part of some kind of (alleged) incident. Not DV.

Graham threw the 1 game suspension possibility out there because yes, it is a possibility based on how the personal conduct policy is written IF he's found to have violated it. However, I'd guess it might be as much of a possibility as Shady's bar brawl and Bradham's umbrella attack was... If that makes sense.

right, because the agent never denied it. He only denied DV.

Similarly, Zeke Elliott is the subject of a domestic violence investigation and there is a possibility of a 6 game suspension. The girl that accused him appears to be nuts and he may have done nothing, but the investigation exists and the possibility of suspension does too for that reason.

Edited by YoloinOhio

right, because the agent never denied it. He only denied DV.

I'm guessing you are right then, the truth is somewhere in the middle. Manny Lawson is either lying or Graham's source is skewing the facts though. Lawson clearly stated the only thing that happened was his injury.

"Oh yeeaaaah, that incident!" won't cut it.

Edited by What a Tuel