NFL threatens to suspend players named in Al-Jazeera report

YoloinOhio

I think if you have a real push player safety and not just lip service, then you have to give a damn. But then again, if you had a real push for player safety, you would let these guys smoke weed as a pain reliever instead of having to take Toradol by the handful...

Poor comparison. These would be used totally differently if both were allowed.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

clay Matthews too. Always wondered about that guy.

I hate speculating on guys but it was always amazing how good of a player Clay Matthews became in the pros.

He was a part time starter in college and was like 165 lbs in high school. His dad didn't even start him in high school. He had a career total of 5.5 sacks in college. Suddenly, he is one of the most feared pass rushers in the NFL???? And he is buddies with Brian Cushing?

I'm not saying he's guilty but it is an amazing rise for him.

I hate speculating on guys but it was always amazing how good of a player Clay Matthews became in the pros.

He was a part time starter in college and was like 165 lbs in high school. His dad didn't even start him in high school. He had a career total of 5.5 sacks in college. Suddenly, he is one of the most feared pass rushers in the NFL???? And he is buddies with Brian Cushing?

I'm not saying he's guilty but it is an amazing rise for him.

i looked him up earlier because I also remembered him being a backup at USC - it's true he was a reserve OLB. He was a monster ST player. But drafted in the 1st rd. (And GB traded up). I think that team was just loaded and reserves were just like extra starters. Still, he and Cushing very likely on the same thing. Both look unnatural. And I know it's blasphemous but I wouldn't be shocked to see JJ watt get popped at some point. Edited by YoloinOhio

i looked him up earlier because I also remembered him being a backup at USC - it's true he was a reserve OLB. He was a monster ST player. But drafted in the 1st rd. (And GB traded up). I think that team was just loaded and reserves were just like extra starters. Still, he and Cushing very likely on the same thing. Both look unnatural. And I know it's blasphemous but I wouldn't be shocked to see JJ watt get popped at some point.

Wisconsin steroid cheese

I think if you have a real push player safety and not just lip service, then you have to give a damn. But then again, if you had a real push for player safety, you would let these guys smoke weed as a pain reliever instead of having to take Toradol by the handful...

And then every Superbowl halftime show for the next 30 years is frickin' Tom Petty and the Eardrum Breakers? No thanks...

NFLPA is pissed. This is all about commish exerting his control just like the Brady thing. Now the players do need to cooperate but not sure he should be able to suspend ...

this is why brady/nflpa were fighting about following established standards, and what reasonable cooperation meant.

i looked him up earlier because I also remembered him being a backup at USC - it's true he was a reserve OLB. He was a monster ST player. But drafted in the 1st rd. (And GB traded up). I think that team was just loaded and reserves were just like extra starters. Still, he and Cushing very likely on the same thing. Both look unnatural. And I know it's blasphemous but I wouldn't be shocked to see JJ watt get popped at some point.

agreed on all fronts.

If they don't agree to be interviewed by the league by 8/25. For conduct detrimental. I thought this report was deemed as not credible?

http://deadspin.com/nfl-threatens-to-punish-players-named-in-al-jazeera-rep-1785321245?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

They said it's the result of their own investigation. Also, that one of the guys lied in his affidavit.

NFLPA is pissed. This is all about commish exerting his control just like the Brady thing. Now the players do need to cooperate but not sure he should be able to suspend ...

They have to cooperate or be suspended. Filing a few denials isn't cooperating.

They are being poorly advised by the NFLPA. What are they afraid of? If they didn't do it, just sit down with the NFL and say so. What's their leverage/angle here?

They have to cooperate or be suspended. Filing a few denials isn't cooperating.

They are being poorly advised by the NFLPA. What are they afraid of? If they didn't do it, just sit down with the NFL and say so. What's their leverage/angle here?

I would go so far as say sit down and even if you did it say you didn't lol. I don't think the NFL has any evidence or else these guys would have already been suspended.

They are certainly misguided here. The NFLPA should encourage these guys to sit down and get it over with.

These are pretty serious allegations. If Matthews, Harrison, and Peppers have ties to terrorist organizations it could look very bad for the NFL. Especially since the NFL has strong ties with the US Military.

Arabic is not necessary terrorist - we have allies in Middle East. Go back to stuffing ballots for Trump.

While some people use weed for pain relief it is not what all use and it is not effective on all people. This is exaggeration to support a point or habit or you were stoned when you posted it.

I would go so far as say sit down and even if you did it say you didn't lol. I don't think the NFL has any evidence or else these guys would have already been suspended.

They are certainly misguided here. The NFLPA should encourage these guys to sit down and get it over with.

I was once accused by someone at work which I had nothing to do with. Sat down, proved I was not even able to what I was accused of because I was out of town on business travel and asked if they checked how accuser singled me out. Ends up they did checks including door access and discovered he was not even at work during times he was trying to pin blame on me and had falsified timecard. Evidently he assumed I was working and was trying to **** blame on error knowing that was my usual schedule. He got fired for timecard fraud.

They should show up, insist that all of them be in office during interviews so they had to be told same story and just get it over with. Not positive they have no medical evidence but it is unlikely.

Arabic is not necessary terrorist - we have allies in Middle East. Go back to stuffing ballots for Trump.

While some people use weed for pain relief it is not what all use and it is not effective on all people. This is exaggeration to support a point or habit or you were stoned when you posted it.

I was once accused by someone at work which I had nothing to do with. Sat down, proved I was not even able to what I was accused of because I was out of town on business travel and asked if they checked how accuser singled me out. Ends up they did checks including door access and discovered he was not even at work during times he was trying to pin blame on me and had falsified timecard. Evidently he assumed I was working and was trying to **** blame on error knowing that was my usual schedule. He got fired for timecard fraud.

They should show up, insist that all of them be in office during interviews so they had to be told same story and just get it over with. Not positive they have no medical evidence but it is unlikely.

Your story is full of holes, Cheech! You're going down!!

Edited by Jauronimo

If they don't agree to be interviewed by the league by 8/25. For conduct detrimental. I thought this report was deemed as not credible?

http://deadspin.com/nfl-threatens-to-punish-players-named-in-al-jazeera-rep-1785321245?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Roger is out of his mind. Unless there is a legal investigation into players an article written by anybody has no bearing and is just hear say. If Rog wants to investigate it should be into al jazeera into where they got their information.

Roger is out of his mind. Unless there is a legal investigation into players an article written by anybody has no bearing and is just hear say. If Rog wants to investigate it should be into al jazeera into where they got their information.

right, but hes not deeming them guilty, just demanding they comply with his investigation fully and he cant do that to a news agency.

many here were all about that obligation in the brady situation.

right, but hes not deeming them guilty, just demanding they comply with his investigation fully and he cant do that to a news agency.

many here were all about that obligation in the brady situation.

Exactly. An accusation was made now they just need to clear their names. I would imagine this is a for show investigation as it includes a lot of top names. Just comply, have a lawyer present, and be done with it.

Exactly. An accusation was made now they just need to clear their names. I would imagine this is a for show investigation as it includes a lot of top names. Just comply, have a lawyer present, and be done with it.

Why? This story never gained much traction with the media or fans when it first broke and that was months ago.