Irsay implies Rex takes the preseason too seriously

YoloinOhio

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So Irsay is critical of a coach who is trying to win, create a winning spirit, evaluate players, and create a tough team? I can criticize Rex for a lot, but not this one.

I want our 1's when playing the 1's to go after Manning, Cousins, and Stafford. Not to hurt them, but to create a culture of a hard hitting, get after the QB team.

So Irsay is critical of a coach who is trying to win, create a winning spirit, evaluate players, and create a tough team? I can criticize Rex for a lot, but not this one.

I want our 1's when playing the 1's to go after Manning, Cousins, and Stafford. Not to hurt them, but to create a culture of a hard hitting, get after the QB team.

It just seemed like Irsay jokingly took a jab at a friend. I don't think it was meant as a criticism so I wouldn't read too much into it.

I would just like to point out that Tyrod Taylor's time in the game was SO SHORT that it didnt even get recorded on the NFL Channel's replay

That is how serious Rex takes preseason games

If he was so serious about the game, he has Carpenter kick an extra point to send the game to OT and then try to win. Irsay should stop the whine.

I would just like to point out that Tyrod Taylor's time in the game was SO SHORT that it didnt even get recorded on the NFL Channel's replay

That is how serious Rex takes preseason games

I think Irsay means he really tries to win the games.

He doesn't game plan or anything like that but he will blitz a lot if it's the difference between winning and losing.

You could tell a lot of this from the Jets Hardknocks.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

I think Irsay means he really tries to win the games.

He doesn't game plan or anything like that but he will blitz a lot if it's the difference between winning and losing.

You could tell a lot of this from the Jets Hardknocks.

I didnt see anything in Rex defense that the colts were not doing?

In any event......I would rather the bills work on what they are going to employ in the season.....they need it!

If he was so serious about the game, he has Carpenter kick an extra point to send the game to OT and then try to win. Irsay should stop the whine.

Actually...this is a good point.

A 2 point conversion gets the team off the field so that we dont take on additional injuries

A failed 2 point conversion accomplishes the same thing

I didnt see anything in Rex defense that the colts were not doing?

In any event......I would rather the bills work on what they are going to employ in the season.....they need it!

I mean he did call a really disguised blitz on like the 4th? defensive play.

Look, when you play a blitz heavy defensive scheme then you have to practice blitzing to get better at it. You play your defense. If the other guys don't like it then tough.

We would all agree with that

We would also agree that in practice you likewise must show restraint though.

Now what type of practice a preseason game is- that's where Rex and some coaches may disagree

Some may recall the 9ers and saints being at odds a few years back when harbaugh wanted to strategize with Payton prior to the game but the saints coach declined as a similar situation

Yeah, I was gonna make that point. Would have been pretty hilarious.