Aaron Williams - possible concussion

YoloinOhio

Is he walking?

Reading through this thread, I'm surmising they put him down right after practice last night. Poor little guy, I thought he was in contention for the Triple Crown this year too...

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Move him to a coaching role. We'd have the best secondary coaches in the country. Having neck and head injuries are not worth it. I'd retire if I were him.

Plus, would that get his payroll off the books so that we could go after anyone who may still be available/cut?

He's absolutely, 100% right in his thinking: the previous 15 years have absolutely zero to do with how the team performs this year on the field.

The only people concerned with the last 15 years are the fans (and rightly so), but we have no effect on the team's performance either.

Now, I can understand why some fans won't like hearing that opinion from him, because it could make them feel like their frustration with the consistent mediocrity is being marginalized. I'm fairly certain that he didn't mean it that way, so it doesn't bother me.

I totally agree with your assessment. Basically, Pegs is saying that he can't undo the past 15 years, but that he has a plan, and is not going to become "knee-jerk" reaction to every event. This is a very talented team, unfortunately everyone is getting freaking injured. I want to see all backups and practice squad players in the preseason. Get them reps in case they are needed in the regular season, and rest the starters.

1) concussion are pretty bad on their own.

2) he just had bone shaved off his neck. Any injury for him is really scary. Especially, so soon after coming back.

There are concussions - and like... chronic concussion issues. He doesn't from what i know, have the 2nd issue - so i think that the 2 injuries are independent of one another. Once he's through concussion protocol, I imagine he'll want to get back out there.

I was at practice last night and was focused on Dez that particular play. I have no idea what Aaron was doing but the throw wasn't even near Dez and then the two of them just collided head-on at full speed.

I was sitting with AussieW and we had been watching Aaron before the play. We both noticed he had seemed a little off, in the little action he got before that and then his interactions with others when not playing. Just before the play he got injured on, he and Tyrod had a little meeting about 20 yards behind everyone else - just the 2 of them.

I may have to stop going to practices. The one I went to last year was the one McCoy got hurt in.

That probably explains the various reports. Everyone was commenting on the odd circumstance that neither player expected the other to be in that space at all

I was at practice last night and was focused on Dez that particular play. I have no idea what Aaron was doing but the throw wasn't even near Dez and then the two of them just collided head-on at full speed.

I was sitting with AussieW and we had been watching Aaron before the play. We both noticed he had seemed a little off, in the little action he got before that and then his interactions with others when not playing. Just before the play he got injured on, he and Tyrod had a little meeting about 20 yards behind everyone else - just the 2 of them.

I may have to stop going to practices. The one I went to last year was the one McCoy got hurt in.

weird

Thanks

He's the owner and can reset the clock based on his tenure. Those fans who agree with this perspective either showed up when TPegs did or exist in a results optional state of mind. Anything to avoid criticism and deflect from the reality the Bills haven't been good for a long time.

I dunno. I've been a fan for 45 years. Dennis Shaw is the first qb I remember.

I always want the Bills and Sabres to do well. I think both have potential to be reasonably good.

I am confident the Sabres will get there, actually. I don't have any of the jaded, miserable angst that seems to infect the NNNs.

Those like you and Tasker's Ghost that seemingly never have anything good to say don't strike me as realistic, but to each his own.

Its a CONCUSSION

Come on guys...this is not a uncommon thing for Safeties

Seems like some people are overreacting to me.

Why would anyone over-react? I mean, this is a concussion on a guy who's had neck injury. Nothing to fear about his wellness there. Not even talking about the footaball aspect, just his humanity.

Guy needs to hang it up.

Why would anyone over-react? I mean, this is a concussion on a guy who's had neck injury. Nothing to fear about his wellness there. Not even talking about the footaball aspect, just his humanity.

Guy needs to hang it up.

But, what if his neck is in no way injured? Because he had a past injury, now got a concussion, he should retire? I mean, obviously his call, but you're acting like his neck snapped and his spleen leaked out right on the field...

Before we insist he should hang it up, we should see what the actual injury / damage is.

Guy needs to hang it up.

If the two are unrelated, then why should he retire?

Guy needs to hang it up.

I am quite sure you are worried about his overall health JSP

Nothing to do with the fact that you can then move in like a vulture and have more fuel for blaming the bills for bringing him back in the first place right?

I am quite sure you are worried about his overall health JSP

Nothing to do with the fact that you can then move in like a vulture and have more fuel for blaming the bills for bringing him back in the first place right?

Yeah, actually I am, John. I'll refrain from saying what I think about -YOU- personally.

Edited by joesixpack