Adam Gase: The whole league is 10 yard passes and under

YoloinOhio

Only two teams he says throw the ball deep are Pitt and AZ.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article94958407.html

More teams than not, its 10 yards and under. Thats where all the passing game is. The d-ends are too good. If you want to stand back there and have your quarterbacks get your brains beat out, go at it."

Sounds like he doesn't know much about a team in his own division. Edited by YoloinOhio

I mean, he's right. In the Seatlle-NE game, Brady threw for like 320 yards and the average pass traveled 5 air yards.

For Tyrod, he is going to have to work the opposite of most Qbs. Teams will take away the deep stuff and force him to beat them short (bizarro Tannehill style). I love big plays but we really struggle to substain drives consistently. This helps the defense.

Sounds like he doesn't know much about a team in his own division.

He made an off the cuff statement which like most such statements is partially true. I hardly think he was trying to do a team by team analysis.

But Landry has set records for receptions!!! Dude averages less than 10 yards a catch for his career. It's why point per reception fantasy is outdated.

Watching the Bills face them, I'm thrilled when they throw that guy the ball. It means that there's absolutely no chance of a big play.

On a per-target basis, his numbers are almost identical to Charles Clay.

He's currently the most overrated WR in the NFL IMO

So more of exactly what the Dolphins did last year? I certainly hope so.

Tannehill threw deep once on us last year that I remember to Kenny Stills (who doesn't seem like a great fit there) and burned Leo in his first game back. Then never went back to it. I think he has the arm but just seems so hesitant to do it. Edited by YoloinOhio

Sounds like he doesn't know much about a team in his own division.

I guess he hasn't watched Drew Brees and Phillip Rivers throw it all over the field for years. I hate the dink and dunk offense. Any monkey can play QB doing that. That is boring football. I guess Miami needs to find some O lineman who can protect PantyHill. I don't think they have had an Oline since Marino retired, and Dwight Stephenson was playing center. Gasing into the future. I see Miami being their typical crap self this year.

Tannehill threw deep once on us last year that I remember to Kenny Stills (who doesn't seem like a great fit there) and burned Leo in his first game back. Then never went back to it. I think he has the arm but just seems so hesitant to do it.

Maybe I have ridden Tannehill too hard, but I don't doubt his arm strength. It just seems like Philbin (and now Gase) seem determined to keep at the dink and dunk.

Now, that can work. Brady can do it. Chip Kelly rode that for two years using Foles when they had DJax or Maclin. But Miami hasn't added any receivers or TE's. Maybe Wallace was overpaid but they sure missed him.

They added Foster, who has been seriously banged up, and Tunsil is currently buried in the depth chart at guard. Other than that, I don't see any difference in personel for the 26th ranked offense last year.

Maybe Gase is a genius, but if they do exactly what they did last year scheme wise, I am completely fine with that right now.

Maybe I have ridden Tannehill too hard, but I don't doubt his arm strength. It just seems like Philbin (and now Gase) seem determined to keep at the dink and dunk.

Now, that can work. Brady can do it. Chip Kelly rode that for two years using Foles when they had DJax or Maclin. But Miami hasn't added any receivers or TE's. Maybe Wallace was overpaid but they sure missed him.

They added Foster, who has been seriously banged up, and Tunsil is currently buried in the depth chart at guard. Other than that, I don't see any difference in personel for the 26th ranked offense last year.

Maybe Gase is a genius, but if they do exactly what they did last year scheme wise, I am completely fine with that right now.

I'm not someone who thinks the dolphins are good. But you need to watch davonte parkers highlight tape on YouTube. He was their first rounder last year and dudes a beast. He's gonna make plays this year

Tannehill threw deep once on us last year that I remember to Kenny Stills (who doesn't seem like a great fit there) and burned Leo in his first game back. Then never went back to it. I think he has the arm but just seems so hesitant to do it.

He has the arm, but is not accurate enough on those deep balls. In one game two years ago, he could've burnt Corey Graham twice, but missed both times.

Most Pass TD On Throws 20+ Yds Last Season

Tyrod Taylor 12

Russell Wilson 12

Eli Manning 10

Cam Newton 10

Derek Carr 10

Carr is becoming a great QB. I'm actually excited for the Raiders.

I mean, he's right. In the Seatlle-NE game, Brady threw for like 320 yards and the average pass traveled 5 air yards.

For Tyrod, he is going to have to work the opposite of most Qbs. Teams will take away the deep stuff and force him to beat them short (bizarro Tannehill style). I love big plays but we really struggle to substain drives consistently. This helps the defense.

Clay is going to have a great season.