Reggie Ragland to have knee surgery; out for season

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@adamschefter

Initial MRI on Bills Reggie Raglands knee revealed what appears to be partial ACL tear; team confident it's not fully torn, per team source

@mikerodak

From @AdamSchefter: Initial MRI on Bills rookie LB Reggie Raglands knee revealed what appears to be partial ACL tear. Second opinion coming

45]

Bills Daily Retweeted

45]

y4YnUHcU_bigger.jpgStephania Bell@Stephania_ESPN 8m8 minutes ago

Stephania Bell Retweeted Kevin Connors

If he has instability such that surgery is required to reconstruct ACL, it's the usual ACL timetable (+/-9 mos)

Right and after RG3's nightmare I hope the team plays it safe if these reports turn out to be true. No need to trot this kid out there until his leg is flapping around.

Partial ACL tear, going to wait for swelling to go down and re-test. We're looking at least 6 weeks out.

Imo

Thanks Leroi!

More ammo for Baghdad Russ and Whaley to add to their excuses to Pegs this January.

Edited by Rico

I am trying not to be too pessimistic, but Ragland didn't look like he was in shape to begin with. What will he look like after 3-6 months of inactivity?

I know that he will be able to start cardio work and upper body strength training in a couple months, if he has surgery, but if he didn't train hard prior to this injury, then what makes anyone think that he will train after the surgery when he really needs to (and it is much harder to do)?

A tear of any kind is not good. It is now weaker and will probably tear the rest of the way sometime. A lot of torque on those nfl plays. Sux!

It really depends on the severity.....

If it is a minor tear he can stay out a while...then brace it and then have surgery in the offseason

But...its a decision the bills gotta make....I am wondering if the REASON we have brought in two veteran linebackers is to give them the luxury of shutting him down and having him ready for next year 100 percent.