Reggie Ragland to have knee surgery; out for season

i don't know if it means anything more than they needed a roster spot to sign a healthy LB, and he's a PS quality LB who is out for at least the remainder of camp with an MCL sprain.

I'm just poking at all the reading into everything crowd.

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your making my point for me...why would two agents agree to sign with Buffalo if they knew the spots would be limited? So their client could make 1800 bucks for a few weeks? Or because they have knowledge that this is a good landing spot to get onto a 53? Do you really think Ragland is all fine and dandy and going to be on the field September 11?

They would sign because camps are well under way. They probably have been waiting for injuries at their position, around the league, to get a chance to compete and put some more recent tape out to the league in case they don't stick, or actually make the team outright. Same reason Reggie Bush signed. The opportunity at hand matched the late timing of camps starting. Waiting on a perfect scenario is not advisable at this point. Better to put on some pads and play and let the chips fall.

If that's the case, I just got whooshed.

:nana:

LOL

Around here "tea leaves" are anything people want them to be. Great case in point following this comment. But around here tea leaves may as well be 'shrooms.

Yes, one is true, but reading the real tea leaves, not taking the 'shrooms, the circumstances point more towards this being a disaster although that's a bit strong than they do of an F5.

Here are the facts, which many posters here seem to have difficulty coming to grips with before they become blatant to a blind monkey:

Rex is "very concerned." He wouldn't openly state that unless he felt it was serious. He's not mamma who cringes every time one of her babies let's out a cry of pain or anguish, he's a professional coach that's seen just about everything.

The team is already looking for an ILB to sign. They say for camp but with a roster of damn near 100 that's laughable.

RR is seeking a second opinion. If the first one were implying F5 then he wouldn't be seeking a second one.

It's like Watkins and his foot injury, the team hasn't come clean (surprise surprise) on exactly what kind of injury it is despite the notion that everything about it suggests, strongly it can be added, that it is in fact a Jones Fracture. We'll find out that it is later on once the season begins and he can't play either at all or to 100% and the excuses start flying in his defense again the way that they did with Spiller. But people here, using as fact what wasn't said, insist that it's not a Jones Fracture. That's the 'shrooms. Is that intelligent? Good analysis? You can decide that for yourself. Just sayin'.

I don't think it's a disaster because we still don't know how good Ragland is. If he's only as good as the pedigree ILBS that have come out sans one out of about the last six or seven from 'Bama, then it's not a disaster.

He's really a 2-down ILB anyway, can't cover, so how big of a disaster is it?

To me the disaster happened back in the draft when we should have taken Treadwell given Watkins' nancy-boy injury status and Whitehair to solve the problems of our OL. If we had done that, apart from likely not having our first two draft picks out indefinitely, we'd have gotten a premier WR and solved our OL issues and we would have been discussing whether or not we could possibly have the best offense in the AFCE this year and quite possibly the AFC entirely.

Instead, under Whaley & Ringling Ryan Bros. we get this nonsense.

He was expected to start in the 3-4. that is why it is important . Bills were short LBs before the announcement of Rex running Rex's d.

Bills tried to address that. And on paper they did a formidable job. till the injuries. two unexpected if not 3.

I suspect you are addicted to drugs as you seem to have otherwordly knowledge of them.

Is 'shrooms street slang ?

I would have never picked Treadwell that soon.

lets revisit this one when you "come down"

So are we less or more concerned with Reggie since they released riddick?

He has been injured since he got here

I'm just poking at all the reading into everything crowd.

hey! That hurts!

ouch! ouch!

the #tealeaves are #inconclusive

are you sure?

I have consulted the Magic 8 Ball, asking if Ragland's injury is bad.

The answer:

Outlook not so good.

You made that up.

So in summary of 22 pages...Reggie Ragland's knee is injured. The severity of said knee injury is still too be determined.

The Bills also have two other injured LBs--Lattimore and Reddick. Reddick has been waived/injured. Lattimore has a broken face/nose and will play again "soon".

The Bills signed Brandon Spikes and David Hawthorne to provide depth at LB--two vets who add depth at both ILB and OLB and could make the team but in the short term allow the team to stage training camp practices with a two deep LB corps

Rampant speculation/debate on:

- The severity of Ragland's injury - and the relationship to the two signings.

- The wisdom of signing two vet LB's at this point

- Whether the team knew about some pre-draft condition with Ragland's knee like Lawson's shoulder

Is this about it?

So in summary of 22 pages...Reggie Ragland's knee is injured. The severity of said knee injury is still too be determined.

The Bills also have two other injured LBs--Lattimore and Reddick. Reddick has been waived/injured. Lattimore has a broken face/nose and will play again "soon".

The Bills signed Brandon Spikes and David Hawthorne to provide depth at LB--two vets who add depth at both ILB and OLB and could make the team but in the short term allow the team to stage training camp practices with a two deep LB corps

Rampant speculation/debate on:

- The severity of Ragland's injury - and the relationship to the two signings.

- The wisdom of signing two vet LB's at this point

- Whether the team knew about some pre-draft condition with Ragland's knee like Lawson's shoulder

Is this about it?

That about says it.