Whatcha Drinkin On?

I tend to be fairly consistent in my summer drinking. Although there is some fluctuation from year to year, I usually find a few different summer cocktails/beers and stick with them.

This summer I'm drinking gin and grapefruit, vodka and blood orange Sanpellegrino (so tasty), and for beer I've been drinking Brooklyn Summer and Lagunitas Down Low Ale.

What are you y'all sippin on this summer?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My summer standard cocktails: John Daly (tea, lemonade, vodka, mint) and a cooler that I make with vodka, Brooklyn Summer, and lemon juice. Brooklyn Summer for beer and a Bombay and tonic when I'm feeling it.

My day-to-day beer is Labatt Light.

if I have a beer whilst out, it's usually an IPA. In NYC a couple weeks ago, I had a few Raging B word IPAs, which I love.

The other night, I bought a bottle of Southern Tier IPA (not sure which, but it was 9.4% ABV).

My summer standard cocktails: John Daly (tea, lemonade, vodka, mint) and a cooler that I make with vodka, Brooklyn Summer, and lemon juice. Brooklyn Summer for beer and a Bombay and tonic when I'm feeling it.

That cooler you describe sounds interesting. I had a horrible time finding Brooklyn Summer here in VT. Ended up bringing back 5 cases that I bought while home in CNY. Pretty soon we'll start to see pumpkin beers on the shelves. So frustrating.

I don't drink sangria, but my wife does and I make it for parties. I use this recipe:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/72612/sangria-sangria/?mxt=t06dda

I do not add sugar, instead I pour a couple cups of Sierra Mist in and leave some more on the side in case someone wants it extra fizzy. This sangria always gets me compliments.

What should I drink in Alaska?

Depends where you are going in Alaska. Alaskan Beer Company products (Juneau) can be found all over the state. Their Icy Bay IPA is pretty delicious. In Anchorage, visit the Glacier Brewhouse Restaurant and enjoy their wide variety of craft beers. In the Denali National Park, the 49th State Brewing Company is very solid. And in Fairbanks, just about 15 miles to the north in Fox is the Silver Gulch Brewery.

If all else fails...Jack Daniels, Jim Beam and Jameson.

I've switched it up from my usual beer beer beer. This summer it has been Cocktail, beer, red wine. I find I'm enjoying the drinks more with change in taste from drink to drink.

Cocktails have been either Gin and Tonic or Bourbon and Ginger Beer... mmm

Lemonade from the myer lemons from our tree. Yeah I'm on the wagon again. :cry:

Last 2-3 years have seen Meyers now readily available on the East Coast...even in the chit Kroger close to me. Love them.

BTW, i am also a huge Brooklyn Summer Can fan. Just got the last 8 cases Total Wine had in Va..as i love it for games...great taste, low alcohol..perfect football beer.

So if you like it, i would advise getting whatever your local outlet has left.

Makers Mark Mahhattans or Modelo Especials.

try it with Bullet Rye...less sweet that the boubon...

Edited by plenzmd1