Whatcha Drinkin On?

I have tried a couple. Can't remember the brands. I do remember liking them. Which one(s) do you recommend?

The 2 best are a Japanese whiskey called Hibiki 17, and a Taiwanese whiskey called Kavalan.

Both are tremendous, though there's nothing wrong with Taketsuru 17 or Nikka Yoichi 15 either--great stuff.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been sipping some nice bourbons. Maker's 46, Evan Williams single barrel, Widow Jane 10 year and a little bit of plain good old Jim Beam.

Just finished a bottle of Laws straight Bourbon. It was nice. Presently I'm drinking a Brooklyn summer ale and smoking a nice cigar out on my deck. The crickets are chirping early this year.

Just finished a bottle of Laws straight Bourbon. It was nice. Presently I'm drinking a Brooklyn summer ale and smoking a nice cigar out on my deck. The crickets are chirping early this year.

Sure sure aren't hearing tree frogs. Tree frogs are deafening around here.

What do you mean, "early this year." They chirp all the time in warmer months. The warmer the temp, the faster they chirp... Old way of telling temp.

"To convert cricket chirps to degrees Fahrenheit, count number of chirps in 14 seconds, then add 40 to get temperature.

Example: 30 chirps + 40 = 70° F

To convert cricket chirps to degrees Celsius, count number of chirps in 25 seconds, divide by 3, then add 4 to get temperature.

Example: 48 chirps /(divided by) 3 + 4 = 20° C

You can also use either of these methods and then convert to degrees Celsius or Fahrenheit using our temperature converter."

i drink two Gose beers brewed in VA that are 3.0 % :thumbsup:

Antone else remember going to Ohio and having to drink the 3.2 % near beer?

One of the local craft breweries near me has a 2.7% Berliner Weiss that I really enjoy.

I used to buy my beer based on the ABV. The higher the better. This one blew me away.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/64/33832/

The same brewery as the one that makes the 2.7 also has a 17.5% imperial stout, which I also really enjoy.

One of the local craft breweries near me has a 2.7% Berliner Weiss that I really enjoy.

The same brewery as the one that makes the 2.7 also has a 17.5% imperial stout, which I also really enjoy.

I loved stouts. To me many of them taste like cold carbonated alcoholic coffee. If someone creates a stout with caffeine I am in!!

I used to buy my beer based on the ABV. The higher the better. This one blew me away.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/64/33832/

About the only beer over 9% ABV that i actually have enjoyed.

wow...17%...

i like the lower alcohol beers, especially in the summer!

wow...17%...

i like the lower alcohol beers, especially in the summer!

I agree about the low alcohol beers in the summer. The 17% stout is a limited release where they release one batch a year in January. They only sell it in bombers so I save it for when I have 3-4 other people to share a bottle with, and I definitely prefer drinking it in fall or winter than the heat of summer. Edited by Chandemonium

!

I bought a four pack ($16) had two and wondered why I was so buzzed. Checked the ABV and realized I had just had almost the equivalent of a bottle of wine. Oh well looks like I'm drinking the equivalent of two bottles of wine. :D

I loved stouts. To me many of them taste like cold carbonated alcoholic coffee. If someone creates a stout with caffeine I am in!!

I actually tried a caffeinated "espresso stout" at a brewfest I went to recently in Stowe, VT. It was delicious. I was telling my wife that it would be even better with a floater of Baileys or something similar. Kind of like drinking an iced coffee. Would be great for gameday mornings. II will try to find the brewery that makes it.