Whatcha Drinkin On?

Sure sure aren't hearing tree frogs. Tree frogs are deafening around here.

What do you mean, "early this year." They chirp all the time in warmer months. The warmer the temp, the faster they chirp... Old way of telling temp.

"To convert cricket chirps to degrees Fahrenheit, count number of chirps in 14 seconds, then add 40 to get temperature.

Example: 30 chirps + 40 = 70° F

To convert cricket chirps to degrees Celsius, count number of chirps in 25 seconds, divide by 3, then add 4 to get temperature.

Example: 48 chirps /(divided by) 3 + 4 = 20° C

You can also use either of these methods and then convert to degrees Celsius or Fahrenheit using our temperature converter."

6C7013588-tdy-130204-ent-clavin.jpg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hometown represent!

Prison City Pub & Brewery IPA ranked No. 1 in America

The field of 247 beers from across the country featured heavyweights like Firestone Walker and Sierra Nevada, as well as critical darlings like Maine Beer Co. and Grimm Artisanal Ales.

And beating them all to come in at No. 1 was Auburn's own Prison City Pub & Brewery.

Brewer Ben Maeso's Mass Riot IPA, which was available at the 28 State St. brewpub earlier this summer, racked up surprised raves from the Paste judges.

Edited by section122

Hometown represent!

Prison City Pub & Brewery IPA ranked No. 1 in America

The field of 247 beers from across the country featured heavyweights like Firestone Walker and Sierra Nevada, as well as critical darlings like Maine Beer Co. and Grimm Artisanal Ales.[/size]

And beating them all to come in at No. 1 was Auburn's own Prison City Pub & Brewery.

Brewer Ben Maeso's Mass Riot IPA, which was available at the 28 State St. brewpub earlier this summer, racked up surprised raves from the Paste judges.

My hometown too. I was at Prison City this past Saturday night. So nice to see that they're doing some great things downtown, and Prison City Brewery is a really nice place. Strangely, I have never tried their beer. Pretty solid food there too.

My hometown too. I was at Prison City this past Saturday night. So nice to see that they're doing some great things downtown, and Prison City Brewery is a really nice place. Strangely, I have never tried their beer. Pretty solid food there too.

Yeah they have really revitalized that section. There is a ton of live music played there throughout the week. There are a couple of places right next door that also put on music. It would have been a lot better if they could have built the planned theater there as well but a lawyer decided to raise a stink and get the project shut down.

Beer is good from there. They always have a few different choices. The food tries a little to hard to be high end for me. If it is a pub I want pub food. That said the poutine there is really good. Especially after a few...