What You'd Miss The Most

Chef Jim

The Buffalo Rising thread got me thinking. If you had to move what would you miss most about your neighborhood and state. For me:

Neighborhood (Oakland): The Fox Theater. I see six or so concerts there a year and it's 10 minutes away. Great venue with great acts. Close second is Napa/Sonoma Valleys.

State: This one is a bit harder because CA has so much to offer but I'd have to say the climate

Moving back to Olean after 25 years away I'd have to say the only thing I'd miss would be family. That's the only reason I moved back here but this place is awful anymore. As for the state, the only thing would be my proximity to the Ralph and being able to go to Bills home games.

I just did have the move. I miss grass. No not that kind, plenty of that around here.

Think of all the time you'll save not having to mow your lawn. Oh and leave yourself a not as to where you put your umbrella. You'll have no need for one over the next six months. And that's after not using it the past three either. ;)

what's a state? i haven't lived in one of them since i left NY

The Buffalo Rising thread got me thinking. If you had to move what would you miss most about your neighborhood and state. For me:

Neighborhood (Oakland): The Fox Theater. I see six or so concerts there a year and it's 10 minutes away. Great venue with great acts. Close second is Napa/Sonoma Valleys.

State: This one is a bit harder because CA has so much to offer but I'd have to say the climate

Richmond:..Just how easy everything is. No traffic, no crowds, great restaurants that always have openings, hour to beach, hour to mountains, never a problem getting a tee time....everything is just freaking easy.

DC..Once we get to our place, never use a car again till we leave...and something cool and fun to do all the time.Never bored

Austin: I'd miss all the other musicians, shows, TexMex, and Margaritas.

Texas: I could certainly do without the hot weather. Warm is fine, but this is ridiculous. And the giant, flying roaches. And all the allergens - Austin and San Antonio pretty much take turns having the worst pollen counts in the nation, and having a nose the size of mine just makes it worse.

Edited by Azalin

Queensbury, NY:

I'd miss the Adirondacks and virtually no threat of natural disaster. I'd miss my parents. And that's it. This town is full of fake ass snobs and pretentious pricks. For some reason, our son loves his school and that is the only thing keeping us here. I think the entire state of NY sucks it, to tell you the truth.

Only thing I'd allow myself to miss are the people I'd met. I've moved to new areas 3 times and have forced myself to not look back and compare places to each other. In my experience it's been my way of making my moves successful. I've loved Syracuse and Richmond and now Philly. Hopefully I won't have another hometown, but if I do, I'll embrace that place and make it my new home with zero regrets

SW Atlanta GA. I'd miss the extremely low property taxes. The ability to play golf all year round. A place where you can actually see the transformation happening. Every time I turnaround there is another restaurant going up, or a sub-division, or a new shopping center. 15 years ago this place was a single lane road with a stop light. It has exploded since, and is continuing to rise.

I missed Buffalo food, but just found out Publix will start carrying Sahlens hot dogs and Duffs is opening a location 5 minutes from my house.