10 Reasons Why Tyrod will have a great year

IDK, but for TT to be better he needs to improve on 63% comp, 3000+ yards, 20 TDs to only 5 ints and a 99 QB rating.

I see that as a very difficult thing to do because those numbers are pretty good, yet they only transferred into a 7-6 record for him also.

I mean what are we talking numbers wise that TT needs? 70%, 4000 yards, 30 TDs 8 ints 110 QBR, I can't see that happening, sorry I wish it could but I just don't see it from him.

20 passing TD's is below the league average. I believe the league average is 26, so Tyrod and the receivers will need to improve. Also, the defense took a few steps backwards. With getting rid of the biggest primadonna on the team, Mario Williams, who was saving himself for his next contract, the Bills should improve on D.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 passing TD's is below the league average. I believe the league average is 26, so Tyrod and the receivers will need to improve. Also, the defense took a few steps backwards. With getting rid of the biggest primadonna on the team, Mario Williams, who was saving himself for his next contract, the Bills should improve on D.

what are the running TD numbers compared to the rest of the league (I am asking because I dont know)

I am just wondering if that might be above the league average and it might be due to scheme that our passing TD numbers are below average.

what are the running TD numbers compared to the rest of the league (I am asking because I dont know)

I am just wondering if that might be above the league average and it might be due to scheme that our passing TD numbers are below average.

TT was tied for 17th in total TD's. Below average.

We have lost TWO starting players from a defense that is extremely talented.....

This D is not going to fall off the cliff

Well, it already did, didn't it? It can't fall as far this year as it did last and I suppose that's something. All I have to suppose that it will rise to near 2014 levels is hope. Whether Taylor and the offense can carry the team is the biggest ??? for me. I anticipate that the defense will improve, but, not to where it was.

Well, it already did, didn't it? It can't fall as far this year as it did last and I suppose that's something. All I have to suppose that it will rise to near 2014 levels is hope.

Beerball......last year.

I know it is easy to be negative.....but the single biggest problem I feel this team had last year was communication problems due to Rex complex scheme.

Its year 2 of the Rex scheme.....so I expect that to improve

Which one is the Kool aid? They all look like legitimate reasons.

#7 and #9

#7 - if we have Harvin's replacement, who is he? Marquise Goodwin has been Harvin-like only in his ability to be injured and stay off the field. Kolby Listenbee is an unpolished 6th round rookie. I would like to see Dez Lewis take a step, and hope he will. I think the best that can be said is "we hope between Dez Lewis, Listenbee, Goodwin, and any FA pickups, we might have Harvin's replacement". Anything more has that little smiley jug with the ice cubes running about.

#9 - it's great that we have Cog, Glenn, and Woods returning, but the question mark last year was the right side of the line. With his return from serious off season surgery and a chronic disease to manage, it's unclear that Henderson will be ready to go - this season? ever? Can his body stand the rigors of football with Crohn's? It's such a variable disease, TBD! That leaves it up to Kujo (disappointment so far) and Jordan Mills (who was a 5th round pick and in 4 years, has done nothing to make people forget that.) To avoid Koolaid, the RT spot has to be marked down as a question mark. We hope that Miller will take a step, but that's a hope, not a given. Again, have to mark RG down as a question mark. So to put the line returning as a reason a kool-aid

Beerball......last year.

I know it is easy to be negative.....but the single biggest problem I feel this team had last year was communication problems due to Rex complex scheme.

Its year 2 of the Rex scheme.....so I expect that to improve

Point is it already fell off a cliff. We better hope for a significant rise or else Taylor's play won't matter one whole heck of a lot.

#7 and #9

#7 - if we have Harvin's replacement, who is he? Marquise Goodwin has been Harvin-like only in his ability to be injured and stay off the field. Kolby Listenbee is an unpolished 6th round rookie. I would like to see Dez Lewis take a step, and hope he will. I think the best that can be said is "we hope between Dez Lewis, Listenbee, Goodwin, and any FA pickups, we might have Harvin's replacement". Anything more has that little smiley jug with the ice cubes running about.

#9 - it's great that we have Cog, Glenn, and Woods returning, but the question mark last year was the right side of the line. With his return from serious off season surgery and a chronic disease to manage, it's unclear that Henderson will be ready to go - this season? ever? Can his body stand the rigors of football with Crohn's? It's such a variable disease, TBD! That leaves it up to Kujo (disappointment so far) and Jordan Mills (who was a 5th round pick and in 4 years, has done nothing to make people forget that.) To avoid Koolaid, the RT spot has to be marked down as a question mark. We hope that Miller will take a step, but that's a hope, not a given. Again, have to mark RG down as a question mark. So to put the line returning as a reason a kool-aid

I am going to comment on the line. This is the first time Bills have had any continuity on the line. All the players returning for second year. Regardless of who they are, i see this a positive. Certainly form a Coaches perspective and hopefully form Tyrod's viewpoint

Point is it already fell off a cliff. We better hope for a significant rise or else Taylor's play won't matter one whole heck of a lot.

as you inferred, it would be hard to appear much more discombobulated.

My question is, what has the rest of the league, especially our division, figured out about Tyrod? Yah, we all know what we saw last season... Efficiency, accuracy, mobility, blah, blah, blah... Problem is, everyone else saw it too... I wouldn't bank on him being able to get away with the same sh__ this season.

@pff_fantasy

The passer rating achieved by Bills QBs when throwing to @SammyWatkins. Best mark in the AFC. #BillsMafia

What were the other QBs ratings when throwing to Sammy Watkins last year?

Edited by Big C

My question is, what has the rest of the league, especially our division, figured out about Tyrod? Yah, we all know what we saw last season... Efficiency, accuracy, mobility, blah, blah, blah... Problem is, everyone else saw it too... I wouldn't bank on him being able to get away with the same sh__ this season.

You're assuming that what he did last season is his cap and he has nothing else he can do. You're also assuming that Roman won't come up with anything new.

Personally, as pessimistic as I generally am, I expect to see more from Taylor in 2016 than we did in 2015.

He is going to have to show he can throw across the middle

When TT is at Brady's level let me know.

I don't think he'll ever reach Brady's level. You said to be a great QB you had to be able to throw anywhere on the field. Brady hadn't had much of a long game since Moss retired. By your logic that would make him no longer great.

Go look at his game logs. He did it every week and we played some good defenses. Why didn't they figure it out? They saw it all last year. It's because he isn't easy to contain. Of course teams will game plan and look back on what he did to figure out what their going to attempt to do. Won't be easy - because he's a big problem to worry about.

Go look at his game logs. He did it every week and we played some good defenses. Why didn't they figure it out? They saw it all last year. It's because he isn't easy to contain. Of course teams will game plan and look back on what he did to figure out what their going to attempt to do. Won't be easy - because he's a big problem to worry about.

Your right...you can do everthing correctly and Tyrod can still just convert the first down

but

If we want this offense to be where it NEEDS to be......we need for Tyrod to continue to work on areas that were not strengths last year.........

http://247nflnews.com/10-reasons-tyrod-taylor-will-great-season/

Good article, but a little much on the kool-aid side.

Hey, interesting site :)

The article is definitely heavy on the Rock a Dile Red but many of the items are relevant to his (and the Bills) success but as we all know none of this puts points on the board or W's in the box score.

Change one word- 10 reasons why tyrod taylor COULD have a great season- and no more kool-aid.