Sign Tyrod Now! (Or Not?)

If Rex won't last the season won't the entire mess be made worse by re-signing Taylor? (If Rex doesn't last the season it must be a disaster. If the season is a disaster with a just re-signed QB can you imagine the uproar?)I thought Shady was an ankle?

IIRC there we reports of both a hamstring tear and ankle injury when he missed games last season. I heard a report of lingering hamstring issues, but I can't remember where I heard that so take it with a grain of salt.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ej's spicy chicken strip combo ?

I'm in.

I believe it is the pick any six combo ;)

No, thank you.

Hater :D

Thanks for proving my point, haters. First year starter goes 8-6. That's usually a cause for optimism, not a reason to cut a player.

bust :D

excuses are fun. thank god we beat Kellen Moore.

popcorn! :worthy:

Popeyes is da bomb. You must have their beans n rice.

will do.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

If Rex won't last the season won't the entire mess be made worse by re-signing Taylor? (If Rex doesn't last the season it must be a disaster. If the season is a disaster with a just re-signed QB can you imagine the uproar?)

I think that another coach would cut down on undisciplined penalties, and employ a sane defense.

I am of the opinion that Tyrod is good enough right now to win football games and bring a team to the playoffs. I can't say the same for Rex or even Whaley, who is often sanctified on this board.

Edited by Bill from NYC

Taylor played well last year in Greg Roman's run-centric offense no question. But, when forced to carry the game with his arm by throwing more than running the team lost every game, save the Washington game. Let's face it that the Bills defense wasn't very good and got almost no pressure on any QB so when the Bills got behind in the score, it was try and catch up.

Tyrod wasn't good enough with his arm to lead the team back from behind and score enough to win the games on his own, and there were games that he and the offense went invisiable for stretches at a time. The NY Giants finished 2015 with their defense 30 in points and 32nd in yards and the Bills offense only managed 3 points until the fourth quarter. The Bills lost that second game to the Patriots because the offense wasn't good enough.

The kid still has a lot to prove from what I see and I think it's smart not to pay him before he has actually earned that 20 million dollar payday. Kaepernick started out hot and got paid, and SF got stuck. RG3 started hot, got injured and the Redskins dumped him. The upcoming season should tell us if a 6'0'' 221 running QB not named Russell Wilson will survive in the NFL to get his big pay day.

Watkins, Darby, Glenn, not paying Byrd, Gilmore, Richie, McCoy

What's your point about Whaley ?

What did he do with Gilmore again that was so magical?

2 of those players you mentioned were drafted in the 4 years of Whaley drafts. I think that proves Bill's point.

Edited by FireChan

The kid still has a lot to prove from what I see and I think it's smart not to pay him before he has actually earned that 20 million dollar payday. Kaepernick started out hot and got paid, and SF got stuck. RG3 started hot, got injured and the Redskins dumped him. The upcoming season should tell us if a 6'0'' 221 running QB not named Russell Wilson will survive in the NFL to get his big pay day.

Kaepernick actually has the type of contract I hope we can get Tyrod to sign - one where when QB regresses the QB can be cut without destroying salary cap for next 5 years.

2 of those players you mentioned were drafted in the 4 years of Whaley drafts. I think that proves Bill's point.

Thanks wikipedia. Let's hear about Whaley's deficiencies besides the Kuondijo whiff.

What's Bills point ? We didn't draft Andrew Luck yet ?

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Because the job of a GM isn't just to draft. It is to draft, sign and re-sign talent. I think most people believe that the talent on the roster has increased in the Whaley era, albeit this year we might not quite have the depth we had last year (normal when you start signing key players to bigger deals).

We haven't won a lot of games.

The two seasons that have immediately followed off-seasons of full Whaley control the team is the right side of .500. Despite most people on here believing that the coaching has not exactly been of a high standard.

Because the job of a GM isn't just to draft. It is to draft, sign and re-sign talent. I think most people believe that the talent on the roster has increased in the Whaley era, albeit this year we might not quite have the depth we had last year (normal when you start signing key players to bigger deals).

The two seasons that have immediately followed off-seasons of full Whaley control the team is the right side of .500. Despite most people on here believing that the coaching has not exactly been of a high standard.

Whaley has made some good moves the last two seasons, but he's made a fair number of mistakes too. The big counter to your arguement is that Whaley has spent to the cap limit, but that's only gotten the team to a 17-15 record and zero playoff appearances. It is reasonable for fans to expect a team spending like the Bills are to be in the playoffs with a fighting chance. But they've just been middling. I haven't given up on Whaley, but I'm not totally sold on him either.

Gilmore has not been re-signed, so I ask again why is he on there?

Drafting is a big part of the job. If, in 3 years, only 2 players are worth mentioning as drafted, that's a low number.

A coach Whaley signed off on.

We are less talented than 2015.

Edited by FireChan

Gilmore has not been re-signed, so I ask again why is he on there?

Drafting is a big part of the job. If, in 3 years, only 2 players are worth mentioning as drafted, that's a low number.

A coach Whaley signed off on.

We are less talented than 2015.

You don't really believe that Whaley would sign off on a head coach that he knew would dismantle/ruin the defense that he was so instrumental in building, do you?

That would be like Donald Trumping signing off on Ted Cruz becoming his campaign director. Makee no sensee.

You don't really believe that Whaley would sign off on a head coach that he knew would dismantle/ruin the defense that he was so instrumental in building, do you?

That would be like Donald Trumping signing off on Ted Cruz becoming his campaign director. Makee no sensee.

Whaley thought he would be good. He screwed up. It's the only explanation.

Taylor played well last year in Greg Roman's run-centric offense no question. But, when forced to carry the game with his arm by throwing more than running the team lost every game, save the Washington game. Let's face it that the Bills defense wasn't very good and got almost no pressure on any QB so when the Bills got behind in the score, it was try and catch up.

Tyrod wasn't good enough with his arm to lead the team back from behind and score enough to win the games on his own, and there were games that he and the offense went invisiable for stretches at a time. The NY Giants finished 2015 with their defense 30 in points and 32nd in yards and the Bills offense only managed 3 points until the fourth quarter. The Bills lost that second game to the Patriots because the offense wasn't good enough.

good post

uh oh. sincee donalo trumpee lacks sensei , ted is/willbe repubican cruz director?