Karlos Williams suspended 4 games for substance abuse

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was the substance? I tried to figure it out from the posts...

My concern is when was the test? How is the weight gain connected to the substance, if at all?

dont know what it was. But it would be his second violation. Next one is 10 games.

dont know what it was. But it would be his second violation. Next one is 10 games.

just curious because I haven't heard anything about which violation he is in. Is this really his 2nd? When was his first? Because he didn't miss a single game last year, or am I wrong about that?

just curious because I haven't heard anything about which violation he is in. Is this really his 2nd? When was his first? Because he didn't miss a single game last year, or am I wrong about that?

first violation is a warning. No suspension. 2nd is 4 games. We never hear about the 1st one. Edited by YoloinOhio

Luckily for the Bills this is probably the deepest position on the team. It was very unlikely Karlos was going to be in game shape to start the season anyway. As for JW, people are assuming he will be suspended but I am not so sure. Without the blood alcohol test, it would be unlikely the DA would roll the dice in court on the officer's word to get a DUI conviction. They will probably end up plea bargaining this down to some sort of moving violation. He will probably have his license suspended or the test refusal, but no criminal conviction. Do they still suspend him for that? I doubt it. Even if, it is doubtful anything happens before the start of the season.

If the Bills can avoid an early injury to Shady, none of this is a concern to me.

Luckily for the Bills this is probably the deepest position on the team. It was very unlikely Karlos was going to be in game shape to start the season anyway. As for JW, people are assuming he will be suspended but I am not so sure. Without the blood alcohol test, it would be unlikely the DA would roll the dice in court on the officer's word to get a DUI conviction. They will probably end up plea bargaining this down to some sort of moving violation. He will probably have his license suspended or the test refusal, but no criminal conviction. Do they still suspend him for that? I doubt it. Even if, it is doubtful anything happens before the start of the season.

If the Bills can avoid an early injury to Shady, none of this is a concern to me.

I agree. I am not sweating it. Worst case scenario is we get a guy off the street; we're basically looking for a 3rd stringer to back up Gilisee.

I am concerned the weight gain is connected to it. Like he failed one, got off the stuff and put on a bunch of weight. OR he is addicted to alcohol. I have seen people battle with alcoholism and weight flux is a sign.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975