Karlos Williams suspended 4 games for substance abuse

Yep, Bucky is on his high horse this morning with an editorial destined for the trash can. Karlos Williams has ruined the Bills' "brand" -- good lord.

like that time Von Miller ruined the Broncos "brand" when he was suspended 6 games for substance abuse. They never recovered, and look where he is now. Oh. Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But here we are 7 months later and if they had to play a game Mike Gillislee would probably be the lead back again

.the RB room is still Gillislee's island until further notice..........Karlos is the still skipper and LeSean is still Thurston B.

Smoke another one.

The issues with Karlos were very predictable..........there was a lot of smoke on the guy coming out of FSU....drugs/domestic violence......... and that's why Whaley caught hell for drafting him initially.

But it's hard to put a good football team together without a few roster spots occupied by fearless knuckleheads........even Belichick knows that, which is why he had guys like Blount, Browner and Talib in recent years.

But here we are 7 months later and if they had to play a game Mike Gillislee would probably be the lead back again.

Despite attempts here to throw dirt on him........the RB room is still Gillislee's island until further notice..........Karlos is the still skipper and LeSean is still Thurston B.

Availability is the most important ability. :thumbsup:

Why would Gillislee be the lead back over McCoy? Edited by YoloinOhio

I'm going to quit saying nice things about players/team units. I gushed over Lawson. Torn labrum. I just said how happy I was with the RB corps. J. Williams gets a DUI and K. Williams gets a 4 game substance abuse suspension. Dammit.

I do blame you.

Why would Gillislee be the lead back over McCoy?

McCoy will be hurt.

Karlos will be either suspended or overly fat.

The other Williams will be suspended or hurt or something.

Wilder will be wild.

Boom will go boom.

Please try to keep up.

McCoy will be hurt.

Karlos will be either suspended or overly fat.

The other Williams will be suspended or hurt or something.

Wilder will be wild.

Boom will go boom.

Please try to keep up.

K. My bad. McCoy will obviously be hurt because obviously. Edited by YoloinOhio

Now it's profiling! Wow, I bet the DA has never had to deal with that case killer before!

The police report means "absolutely nothing" now as well? And discredit the FST--the DA will not know how to handle these novel DUI defense tactics. In fact, you no doubt will agree that that, in the state of Arkansas, there has never been a conviction without a BAL...

Anyway, if Williams wants to go before a jury with that story, good luck. His lawyer (notice how he said he contacted his agent, not a lawyer) will understand his chances in court, especially if he is a local. Remember, Williams admitted to drinking and then driving.

I've not recommended how they should plead or claimed they should not fight charges, only how weak or strong the case against them is and what i thought that would mean for them.

McCoy was never arrested. This was true because the guys he and his buddies stomped were "shady"/dirty cops that the DA was actually doing a favor by not charging the Pink Champagners.

However...

We heard you endlessly go on and on about how Dareus would not get suspended.

You endlessly droned on about how Marshawn Lynch would not be suspended in 2009.

Both were convicted and suspended.

You can excuse the skepticism that meets your predictions on this topic.

Hey, WEO--how's that Alfonzo Dennard suspension looking? You surely remember that--the Pats* DB with a bunch of priors who got popped with a DWI just like JW here at about the same time of the season and who NEVER got suspended, much less immediately. Not even when he pled out in Dec that year. Seems that with Browners PED suspension and injuries early that season the Cheats needed him to play the beginning of the year, maybe that explains it.

Admittedly that was before the 2014 rule change, but once again, to paraphrase Orwell, while all teams are equal, some teams are more equal than others.....

Now it's profiling! Wow, I bet the DA has never had to deal with that case killer before!

The police report means "absolutely nothing" now as well? And discredit the FST--the DA will not know how to handle these novel DUI defense tactics. In fact, you no doubt will agree that that, in the state of Arkansas, there has never been a conviction without a BAL...

Anyway, if Williams wants to go before a jury with that story, good luck. His lawyer (notice how he said he contacted his agent, not a lawyer) will understand his chances in court, especially if he is a local. Remember, Williams admitted to drinking and then driving.

Look, I'm just telling you how he/his lawyer would play this, just like I've told you countless times before how other players/lawyers would play their hands. Again there is no definitive proof he was drunk...because he refused to take the Breathalyzer (and you saying that because he refused he can't prove he wasn't drunk proves my point that with you it's always a presumption of guilt). That right there gives him/his lawyer a way to fight the charge since his lawyer will attack the officer's report/credibility...not unlike Shady's case (how'd that one turn out for you?). And again, merely pleading "not guilty" at the court date will give him time to delay any suspension that may be forthcoming. I think it's pretty obvious that if he looks as good in training camp as he did in OTA's that the Bills at least will advise him to take this tack so as to not get suspended while KW is suspended.

I've not recommended how they should plead or claimed they should not fight charges, only how weak or strong the case against them is and what i thought that would mean for them.

McCoy was never arrested. This was true because the guys he and his buddies stomped were "shady"/dirty cops that the DA was actually doing a favor by not charging the Pink Champagners.

However...

We heard you endlessly go on and on about how Dareus would not get suspended.

You endlessly droned on about how Marshawn Lynch would not be suspended in 2009.

Both were convicted and suspended.

You can excuse the skepticism that meets your predictions on this topic.

Congrats. You are able to "think" like Sir Rog. You'd make a lousy attorney (especially for Bills players) though since you'd either demand everyone accept the charges you brought or have your clients accept whatever charges were brought against them.

K. My bad. McCoy will obviously be hurt because obviously.

No, because he was injured last year. And Brady will henceforth always be at risk of being suspended.

I could see them signing Boobie Dixon on the cheap if they need another RB for camp/preseason/early in year - if the two disgraced Williams suspensions should overlap and/or McCoy is hurt and gillislee and Herron are (pray this doesn't happen) are starting . He knows the offense and can play backup/spot duty/ST if needed. Provided he's in shape. I think he was still recovering from his injury last year, he was better in 2014.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Look, I'm just telling you how he/his lawyer would play this, just like I've told you countless times before how other players/lawyers would play their hands. Again there is no definitive proof he was drunk...because he refused to take the Breathalyzer (and you saying that because he refused he can't prove he wasn't drunk proves my point that with you it's always a presumption of guilt). That right there gives him/his lawyer a way to fight the charge since his lawyer will attack the officer's report/credibility...not unlike Shady's case (how'd that one turn out for you?). And again, merely pleading "not guilty" at the court date will give him time to delay any suspension that may be forthcoming. I think it's pretty obvious that if he looks as good in training camp as he did in OTA's that the Bills at least will advise him to take this tack so as to not get suspended while KW is suspended.

Congrats. You are able to "think" like Sir Rog. You'd make a lousy attorney (especially for Bills players) though since you'd either demand everyone accept the charges you brought or have your clients accept whatever charges were brought against them.

No, because he was injured last year. And Brady will henceforth always be at risk of being suspended.

What's kind of funny is how he always takes the exact opposite tack when it's players from a certain team from the Boston area with a reputation for, how shall I say this delicately, CHEATING.....

What's kind of funny is how he always takes the exact opposite tack when it's players from a certain team from the Boston area with a reputation for, how shall I say this delicately, CHEATING.....

Actually he's usually silent about their legal transgressions, but makes every excuse under the book for their cheating. It's odd.

Yet another opportunity for all y'all to show that all y'all will argue about damn near anything. I'm no lawyer, not a judge, not a bailiff, not a clerk but I think it's safe to say that this case will most definitely be delayed for one of many reasons or it will not for one of many reasons.

So...why don't all y'all knock if the heck off?

Yet another opportunity for all y'all to show that all y'all will argue about damn near anything. I'm no lawyer, not a judge, not a bailiff, not a clerk but I think it's safe to say that this case will most definitely be delayed for one of many reasons or it will not for one of many reasons.

So...why don't all y'all knock if the heck off?

Why? What else is there to talk about?

But let me ask you something you may be able to answer: do you think JW will plead guilty or not guilty?

Why? What else is there to talk about?

But let me ask you something you may be able to answer: do you think JW will plead guilty or not guilty?

HTF am I supposed to know how he'll plead?

I really don't care what all y'all discuss.

When I become involved is when I feel that those discussions have taken a nasty turn. I believe if you go back a few pages and objectively read what's been written you'll see my point.

BE NICE TO EACH OTHER DAMMIT!

Each of those Bills' lawyers accepted those plea deals without my counsel, doc. They were all guilty without my saying so and they all knew it, so what are you going on and on about?

You insisted they would not be suspended, despite the obvious inevitability that they would be.

And I don't think the Bills can control the court docket based on how Williams looks in camp. Everyone pleads not guilty and his lawyer can delay with any number of motions/tactics, if the court grants the delay. Your suggestion that the Bills FO will be directing his defense and court schedule is pretty funny.

A refusal to take the breathalyzer will certainly be used against him in court. As will his admission of drinking. As will the testimony of the arresting cops. In Arkansas, refusal of the test is another violation/charge in and of itself. Also, there is no chance the DWI charge can be dropped altogether. This has to end with either a conviction or an acquittal.

All DWI lawyers will do all of the same things you say they will do--it's all they have. If the case is strong, Williams takes a plea. If he feels it is not, he throws his fate to a jury. What's the hard part about this?

HTF am I supposed to know how he'll plead?

I really don't care what all y'all discuss.

When I become involved is when I feel that those discussions have taken a nasty turn. I believe if you go back a few pages and objectively read what's been written you'll see my point.

BE NICE TO EACH OTHER DAMMIT!

I'm being pretty Zen, I think. Just responding to misinformation (same old) regarding my posts.