Help from this draft-class is already fading (Williams DUI)

Ronin

Those are pretty key players to be missing time. Many Buffalo-oriented thinking that JW had possibilities. I don't to be honest, hardly a game-breaker and he missed last season and won't have played for two seasons, but given Shady's hammy, Karlos and JW were the odds-on faves to back him up.

Not sure whether JW will be suspended or not, but it sure also doesn't help his chances of making the team, especially if he's not that good to begin with during preseason as I suspect.

The players from previous drafts or traded for are the reasons why the other players mentioned are relevant. Except for Lawson of course who's supposed to replace Mario.

Read a piece yesterday, probably linked on the front page, about how the Bills' D has more talent this year than last and a prediction of 9 wins. Not seeing that. I see less talent, particularly with Lawson out. Ragland has issues in coverage and Washington is overrated IMO but either way will be a depth player, not a starter anyway as he has far more talent ahead of him on the depth chart, so his contributions even if he's good will be limited.

Anyway, I see a less talented D this year so far and injuries haven't even accumulated.

Another chapter in your tired crusade. Too bad you can't stick to the premise of your own thread for more than a sentence.

By the way, missing one season means he missed one season and when he takes the field again, JW will not have played in a year, or in a season. Not sure how one and none makes two, but the accretive properties of a bulls@#$ crusade are not confined by the laws of mathematics it would appear.

You baseless speculation as to JW's preseason play is very compelling, however, as it runs contrary to all positive reports coming from voluntaries and OTAs. I'm inclined to believe you on that one, Kreskin.

Seriously, did you even try this time?

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you have this date marked on your calender for peeing in the punchbowl?

Just curious

Yeah, I have mystical powers that forecasted to me, and only me, that JW was going to have a DWI yesterday.

Thanks for sticking to the actual topic and not making the thread about me. LOL

The way these threads devolve is comical, it's almost every single one. Attention deficit disorder strikes en masse often.

Another chapter in your tired crusade. Too bad you can't stick to the premise of your own thread for more than a sentence.

By the way, missing one season means he missed one season and when he takes the field again, JW will not have played in a year, or in a season. Not sure how one and none makes two, but the accretive properties of a bulls@#$ crusade are not confined by the laws of mathematics it would appear.

You baseless speculation as to JW's preseason play is very compelling, however, as it runs contrary to all positive reports coming from voluntaries and OTAs. I'm inclined to believe you on that one, Kreskin.

Seriously, did you even try this time?

LOL

Great substance added to the topic. Once again, I speak to how these threads devolve.

Attention deficit disorder strikes en masse often.

Sure doesn't help when your own thread goes off topic less than a sentence into your first post:

Help from this draft-class is already fading

Lawson out and unlikely to contribute much if at all this season, Karlos showing up to camp as if he just came from a two-month all-u-can-eat buffet, Shady with an injury of the type that lingers throughout the season, Watkins' status completely indeterminable, and now Jonathon Williams facing a suspension for DWI.

:lol:

It doesn't seem to me like this off-season is particularly atypical.

A guy with a weight problem, a couple guys with injuries, a 5th round pick with police troubles...

We have 90 young men on the roster right now. What are the chances that they'd all be happy, healthy, and trouble-free?

Edited by hondo in seattle

Uber is facing legislative battles in every pocket of the country led--mostly--by cab unions. And not unjustifiably so.

Quite unjustifiably so. Unless you're ok with unions driving out competitive marketplace forces at the expense of lower prices and better service.

Sure doesn't help when your own thread goes off topic less than a sentence into your first post:

Help from this draft-class is already fading

:lol:

Huh?

JW doesn't have to do with the status of McCoy?

If that's the case it's no wonder some of our fans have difficulty piecing together a holistic view of how good, or not, the team should be. There shouldn't a huge gap of incongruity in any of the original material presented.

It doesn't seem to me like this off-season is particularly atypical.

A guy with a weight problem, a couple guys with injuries, a 5th round pick with police troubles...

We have 90 young men on the roster right now. What are the chances that they'd all be happy, healthy, and trouble-free?

So having your first round pick get injured in non-contact drills to the extent that he needs surgery to the extent that he'll miss half the season isn't uncommon?

I guess I'm missing a whole lot around the league over the years.

As to JW, for a 5th round draft pick this isn't a good sign. Many fans here had/have high hopes for JW based on reactions to the Draft.

Funny the difference in takes between here and more objectively by non-Bills fans at places like PFT.

Edited by TaskersGhost

Quite unjustifiably so. Unless you're ok with unions driving out competitive marketplace forces at the expense of lower prices and better service.

I'm not, not at all. But the cab industry is HEAVILY regulated, to the extent that competition with ride sharing companies isn't even possible.

I think unions and the mob control of such killed our fair hometown and am far from a union supporter .

But as i understand it, New York simply has told Uber its drivers need the same level of insurance that cabs are required to carry in New York . Uber has said that if that is required, its drivers would not make money and not be profitable. So no go for Uber in NY State outside of the city

In NYC, Uber idrivers do carry same insurance limits that cabs carry as they deem that market to be profitable even with the increased costs.

BTW, not sure how it works in other markets, and i am a heavy user of ride share services..use Lyft more than Uber, but starting to use Uber Pool quite frequently , especially in DC

Edited by plenzmd1

Huh?

JW doesn't have to do with the status of McCoy?

If that's the case it's no wonder some of our fans have difficulty piecing together a holistic view of how good, or not, the team should be. There shouldn't a huge gap of incongruity in any of the original material presented.

So having your first round pick get injured in non-contact drills to the extent that he needs surgery to the extent that he'll miss half the season isn't uncommon?

I guess I'm missing a whole lot around the league over the years.

As to JW, for a 5th round draft pick this isn't a good sign. Many fans here had/have high hopes for JW based on reactions to the Draft.

Funny the difference in takes between here and more objectively by non-Bills fans at places like PFT.

This is a little disconnected from reality though. Lawson was a known issue coming out of the draft. The Bills front office have said point blank that he could have played and started the season, but they wanted to take care of the issue for the long-term. Honestly, I like that approach. It's not short sighted. Ragland is going to start. He has some challenges with pass coverage, but so what? They didn't draft him for his pass coverage. Adolphus Washington is going to start. He's already listed as a starter on the depth charts and we've heard the same thing from the front office. That covers the top-3, where even Whaley said if they can land 2-3 decent contributors in the draft that it's a good draft. Cardale is a project so I'll shelve him. JW has been a surprise contributor in OTA's, but it's not like they expected him to leapfrog Karlos or Gillislee. Hearing some pretty good things about the 218th pick in the draft where you would expect to get nothing can't be a bad thing. At this point, I read you as a bit of a Debby Downer/Negative Nancy. You want to tell people that the sky is falling and the end is near, but it's just not couched in reality.

I think unions and the mob control of such killed our fair hometown and am far from a union supporter .

But as i understand it, New York simply has told Uber its drivers need the same level of insurance that cabs are required to carry in New York . Uber has said that if that is required, its drivers would not make money and not be profitable. So no go for Uber in NY State outside of the city

In NYC, Uber idrivers do carry same insurance limits that cabs carry as they deem that market to be profitable even with the increased costs.

Thanks for the explanation!

That cabbies had to pay governments thousands of dollars, in many cases hundreds of thousands of dollars for the badges that allowed them to operate when Uber drivers don't have to do a thing gives the cabbies a bit of a beef. That and Uber's (amongst others) willfill destruction of the current employer employee relationship is enough to make me not use the service, convenient though it may be.

For example, in Philadelphia, a new cab medallion costs 350 thousand dollars. For one.

Edited by That's No Moon

Suggested title: "I hate Doug Whaley, because he slept with my mother"

I was just going to say "Shut the season down, it's OVER", but this post literally made me lol and gave me a newly found optimism for this year! :beer:

That cabbies had to pay governments thousands of dollars, in many cases hundreds of thousands of dollars for the badges that allowed them to operate when Uber drivers don't have to do a thing gives the cabbies a bit of a beef. That and Uber's (amongst others) willfill destruction of the current employer employee relationship is enough to make me not use the service, convenient though it may be.

For example, in Philadelphia, a new cab medallion costs 350 thousand dollars. For one.

What's wrong with destroying the employer/employee relationship?

I was just going to say "Shut the season down, it's OVER", but this post literally made me lol and gave me a newly found optimism for this year! :beer:

Yeah, unfortunately for the sake of rational discussion and argumentation posts like that contribute absolutely nothing to true debate/discussion. Unfortunately they're more the rule than the exception.