Help from this draft-class is already fading (Williams DUI)

Ronin

Based on the report, he was wasted. He's very fortunate he didn't kill anyone. He told police he only had one beer. Guessing he lied based on the report of how he looked and sounded. 1 beer isn't doing that damage to an NFL player. It is a terrible situation for him. Hope it's isolated and while a red flag, something he gets out of the way and learns from.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on the report, he was wasted. He's very fortunate he didn't kill anyone. He told police he only had one beer. Guessing he lied based on the report of how he looked and sounded. 1 beer isn't doing that damage to an NFL player. It is a terrible situation for him. Hope it's isolated and while a red flag, something he gets out of the way and learns from.

Yes, he sounded wasted from the report. Not cool. Glad this was not the scene of an accident !

Lets us sincerely hope he learns from this mistake. For others sake and his.

I do wonder how the Team responds. Even if we never hear a peep. I hope Bills set his ars down hard.

Actually, very fit individuals have much lower tolerances. But yeah, not that low...

Actually, very fit individuals have much lower tolerances. But yeah, not that low...

didnt know that. Just figured size, etc would take more to be that drunk. Well 1 beer is absurd regardless, like you said. If the report is accurate on how he looked and acted.

didnt know that. Just figured size, etc would take more to be that drunk. Well 1 beer is absurd regardless, like you said. If the report is accurate on how he looked and acted.

Even his mug shot shows he was lying.

Most of us know what a beer or two does.

Some of us know what a six pack of beer does.

and some of us have seen dizzy bat.

If you are slurring speech, you have had to much too much.

Certainly to drive or make decisions beyond making another frozen pizza.

I'm just passing along what I had heard from people I know over there. This wasn't public stuff.

Sorry, man. I didn't mean to bust your balls here. I do appreciate you passing along what you've heard. I'm just so tired of so many posters talking about every rookie like they're going to be an All Pro. Sorry to take that out on you. My bad.

While it displays poor judgement on his part, and is reckless behavior, he shouldn't be judged as a character concern based on this single incident. I've never met the man, but I know several people who have received duis and don't think any less of any of them as people. They usually understand that they made a terrible decision and accept consequences and try to move on. I try not to judge someone's character by the stupid stuff they did when they were drunk that one time.

Huh?

JW doesn't have to do with the status of McCoy?

If that's the case it's no wonder some of our fans have difficulty piecing together a holistic view of how good, or not, the team should be. There shouldn't a huge gap of incongruity in any of the original material presented.

So having your first round pick get injured in non-contact drills to the extent that he needs surgery to the extent that he'll miss half the season isn't uncommon?

I guess I'm missing a whole lot around the league over the years.

As to JW, for a 5th round draft pick this isn't a good sign. Many fans here had/have high hopes for JW based on reactions to the Draft.

Funny the difference in takes between here and more objectively by non-Bills fans at places like PFT.

Players injured in the off-season is not uncommon.

Having starters injured before the season begins is not uncommon.

We have a backup RB who's overweight. Another backup RB may receive a short suspension. Our best WR has an injury that will probably be healed before the season begins. And a draft pick - who may or may not have earned a starting position - will miss part of the season.

The setbacks the team has experienced this year are unfortunate but I think it's way too early to proclaim the sky is falling.

How did this go from DWI to Uber?? Wow! In this day and age DUI-DWI has changed a lot. The truth be told that now a couple beers can get you in trouble. Years ago it was a couple of pitchers. The witch hunt has been on for a couple years. Lets be honest now. We all have had one to many and drove. I'm saying that and am 71.

Diehard, I respectfully call b*llsh*t on this. I'm 57 and have never driven impaired. I'm sure lots of other people have never driven impaired. Driving impaired is reckless.

Many, many years ago I was at my older brother's son's b-day party. Around 8pm, my brother's best friend loaded his family into their car. Several minutes later we saw the ambulance rush by. A drunk driver ran through a stop sign and smashed into my brother's friend's car. My brother's friend was killed as were 2 of his 3 beautiful children. After experiencing that, I could never drive after drinking and would never let anyone else drive impaired.

I'm all in favor of the "witch hunt" for drunk drivers. None of us has the right to unnecessarily jeapardize the lives of innocent people. I wouldn't feel much sympathy for JW if he was harshly punished for this. I hope he learns a valuable lesson.

Edited by hondo in seattle

Sorry, man. I didn't mean to bust your balls here. I do appreciate you passing along what you've heard. I'm just so tired of so many posters talking about every rookie like they're going to be an All Pro. Sorry to take that out on you. My bad.

No problem Barley!! It's not a big deal at all; no need to apologize. I don't take anything on here personally.

OP Makes me miss BillsVet and BuffBillsforever.

Terrible job of wannabee NNN'r Too many holes in his game.

This made me laugh. I think that TG thought he was doing a great job of playing devil's advocate but he's pretty terrible at it. He thinks by writing a lot his opinion becomes a fact. He has no data to support anything but is positive that he's right. Also, he backs down when challenged. BillsVet and BB4E would go down swinging; they'd never run away.

Lawson out and unlikely to contribute much if at all this season, Karlos showing up to camp as if he just came from a two-month all-u-can-eat buffet, Shady with an injury of the type that lingers throughout the season, Watkins' status completely indeterminable, and now Jonathon Williams facing a suspension for DWI.

Even if Tyrod does step it up, huge questions exist as to the weapons he'll actually have at his disposal this season. Poor guy, this appears to be one of the weakest supporting casts in franchise history. Besides being largely unproven (Karlos, Williams, Lawson), there's zero quality depth.

The "victory in the offseason" is actually manifesting itself more towards netting us a top-5/10 draft pick than it is a .500 record much less anything better.

Doesn't seem as if JW had character issues coming in tho.

Oh dear the fifth round pick might miss some games. How will the franchise overcome this monumental setback?

By all accounts Mario was awful last year. So anyone taking his spot is an upgrade if they at least givce some effort. When Lawson comes back for a playoff pushm it will be a bonus. If they are 2-8 when he is due to come back then put him on IR for next year.

This draft class is now all about Ragland. I was criticial of his selection worried that he can not be a 3 down player. Tie that with how bad Brown was last year, and Ragland becomes the key. If Ragland is solid and Brown bounces back the defense wil be much better, especially with a healthy A and K Williams.

Good post. This draft is not all about Ragland essentially, and you are correct, his skill-set is such that he is a 2-down LB. If they can turn him into more than that it'll be fortunate. Defensive players with marginal/limited pass coverage skills put themselves in that situation. What people here and elsewhere, Bills fans mostly, aren't realizing is that Ragland is essentially Brown II. In fact, look at Brown's collegiate accolades sometime (to everyone) and you'll note that they were better than Ragland's. Also, that Alabama pedigree for LBs isn't good. 'Bama is one of those teams that everyone's so good that you often can't tell which players are ready to excel at the next level because collectively they are so much better than their competition at the NCAA level.

I wouldn't agree with your comments on Mario. Mario was still Mario, and in full disclosure I thought signing him when the did for what they did was idiotic. He was nowhere close to being worth "best defensive player" money, nowhere close.

Having said that, he's still Mario, a seasoned vet. You don't just take a guy like Manny Lawson, for example, put him in that spot and get "at least what Mario did last season." And if all we get is what Mario gave last season, that's a hole in our D, eh.