Espy's - worst network concept ever

major

you forgot that they honored criminals at the start of their show, too. Flipping thru I turned it off before he finished the game "Michael"

Who were the criminals that they honored?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who were the criminals that they honored?

i only heard the first two. Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown. Both were committing felonies.

I am not discussing this further. There is a PPP thread which has discussed this ad nausea already.

i only heard the first two. Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown. Both were committing felonies.

I am not discussing this further. There is a PPP thread which has discussed this ad nausea already.

What is strange (to me, anyway) is that both Michael Brown and Trayvon Martin died with no criminal record. Zero. It's been confirmed and there's really nothing to discuss.

What is strange (to me, anyway) is that both Michael Brown and Trayvon Martin died with no criminal record. Zero. It's been confirmed and there's really nothing to discuss.

this is not the place to discuss this. But your logic is horrible and laughable. Because something has never happened means it can't happen? Got it.

Bills have never won a super bowl. They'll never win a super bowl.

Logic!

this is not the place to discuss this. But your logic is horrible and laughable. Because something has never happened means it can't happen? Got it.

Logic!

Oh, so because they were black kids who got into trouble - even though they had no criminal record - then it was likely that they WOULD have had a criminal record if they'd lived longer.

I got it now.

You're a racist.

Logic!

As you can see from my post count i never really comment on anything here. I am just a die hard Bills fan who lurks this site for my daily Bills news. However today i felt like i had to sign on(good thing i remembered my username/password). People like Boyst62 is what's wrong with America today. They spew hate based on ignorance and belief that if a certain group has Individuals that are known to be in trouble with the law than by his logic the whole Race are criminals. I am ashamed that you root for the same team that i root for on Sundays. Do you feel the same way about the African American players on the team? or is that different? Just interested in seeing how a racist mind justifys certain actions.

As you can see from my post count i never really comment on anything here. I am just a die hard Bills fan who lurks this site for my daily Bills news. However today i felt like i had to sign on(good thing i remembered my username/password). People like Boyst62 is what's wrong with America today. They spew hate based on ignorance and belief that if a certain group has Individuals that are known to be in trouble with the law than by his logic the whole Race are criminals. I am ashamed that you root for the same team that i root for on Sundays. Do you feel the same way about the African American players on the team? or is that different? Just interested in seeing how a racist mind justifys certain actions.

Where did boyst even comment on race? Take your comments to PPP.

I didn't watch the espy's and I'm proud to say I've never watched it. You don't see NBC or CBS doing their own network awards show. How ego driven can you be??? Also, giving sports awards to teams and players that have already won- how stupid can you get. And the best nba team of 2015-2016 goes to the Cavs. No crap Sherlock! God I hate ESPN at times!

I am sorry but people that watch this show really need to look at the lives they lead. Go out for a walk, go volunteer ... Really, the Espy's??

no one is going to like this angle..but half the sob stories are artificial and or fake anyway.

and agenda driven. Heres an award for becoming a half man/woman Brucey boy

Yeah, boo hoo Craig Sager and Zaevion Dobson... What is wrong with you people?

You seem to know a lot about it for never having watched it

I didn't watch the espy's and I'm proud to say I've never watched it. You don't see NBC or CBS doing their own network awards show. How ego driven can you be??? Also, giving sports awards to teams and players that have already won- how stupid can you get. And the best nba team of 2015-2016 goes to the Cavs. No crap Sherlock! God I hate ESPN at times!

You seem to know a lot about it for never having watched it

thats called research.

I had to watch womens basketball for 2 minutes to make sure all my cliches i said about why it sucked were true.

that 2 minutes even gave me three more jokes about it

Oh, so because they were black kids who got into trouble - even though they had no criminal record - then it was likely that they WOULD have had a criminal record if they'd lived longer.

I got it now.

You're a racist.

i stopped where you mentioned black kids. my post had nothing to do with race.

then you call me racist.

stay classy roger.

thanks for resorting to name calling. hope you get a warning point.

no one is going to like this angle..but half the sob stories are artificial and or fake anyway.

and agenda driven. Heres an award for becoming a half man/woman Brucey boy

thats called research.

I had to watch womens basketball for 2 minutes to make sure all my cliches i said about why it sucked were true.

that 2 minutes even gave me three more jokes about it

Zika doesnt exist :ph34r:

Wow Vince, you should check out the unpopular opinions thread. You could really shine there.

i stopped where you mentioned black kids. my post had nothing to do with race.

then you call me racist.

stay classy roger.

thanks for resorting to name calling. hope you get a warning point.

You brought this same topic up in the shout box with race involved. That's why I know what your comment meant.

It doesn't take a genius to see, when one calls out that the Espys "honored criminals," then names the "criminals," as two young blacks who were murdered - that one is a racist. Don't play dumb.

Just because someone does something wrong (!@#$ing kids) doesn't make them a criminal.

What makes them a criminal is when they are convicted of a crime. Convicted being the key word. Not the "propensity," which is blatant racism in itself.

Call the one who have records and mugshots criminals. Not kids who "might" have become criminals - but we'll never know because they're dead. And they're dead because they were black.

That is why they were honored and that is why it was perfectly appropriate.

You brought this same topic up in the shout box with race involved. That's why I know what your comment meant.

It doesn't take a genius to see, when one calls out that the Espys "honored criminals," then names the "criminals," as two young blacks who were murdered - that one is a racist. Don't play dumb.

Just because someone does something wrong (!@#$ing kids) doesn't make them a criminal.

What makes them a criminal is when they are convicted of a crime. Convicted being the key word. Not the "propensity," which is blatant racism in itself.

Call the one who have records and mugshots criminals. Not kids who "might" have become criminals - but we'll never know because they're dead. And they're dead because they were black.

Your definition of criminal is incorrect, and Michael Brown was a thief who committed crimes before he died. Dead kids aren't posthumously convicted. Take less stupid pills. Edited by FireChan

Just because does something wrong (!@#$ing kids) doesn't make them a criminal.

bait bait bait. As soon as I reply I get warned that it's PPP. So, be a man come to ppp and discuss this nonsense you *feel* there. Sorry snowflake. I be a part of it where it does not belong.

I your post mrtin assaulted a man. Brown shoplifted then attacked an officer. Both felonies. And people do change. People do grow up and bad things happen and the justice system isn't always fair. But still you can turn your life around. I'm the best damn example of this.

Edited by Boyst62

I actually feel the opposite. I used to hate the ESPYs for that reason. They used to do things like "Best MLS Player." It has been completely different for the last 3-4 years. They honor people (with sports connections) for their achievements outside of the field. It has become a great show. Tonight they honored Pat Summit, Muhammed Ali, Craig Sager, and a 15 year old that shielded a group from gunfire, losing his life. It has become the event to recognize people for doing the right things. The stories are powerful and inspirational. It went from a horrible concept to an incredibly powerful platform. Kudos to ESPN for the show.

EDIT: I also forgot about Eric Berry and Sgt. Elizabeth Marks

Yes but the also honored a rapist as a sports icon.

Yes but the also honored a rapist as a sports icon.

Who was that? I saw exactly one award given out. Breanna Stewart - and then she gives some awkward and forced speech about women should be covered just as much as the men...........I don't know why, but basketball is not the game to make that argument. The disparity is ridiculous. A guy I listen to on DC radio was saying that at his gym, there are a bunch of Mystics (I think that's the name) and the weekend warrior middle aged guys beat them all the time.........Tennis they fought for and got equal money, and I find it equally interesting, if not more interesting on the women's side..........Not sure why women can be just as interesting with tennis, softball, and probably a few more - but not basketball.

bait bait bait. As soon as I reply I get warned that it's PPP. So, be a man come to ppp and discuss this nonsense you *feel* there. Sorry snowflake. I be a part of it where it does not belong.

I your post mrtin assaulted a man. Brown shoplifted then attacked an officer. Both felonies. And people do change. People do grow up and bad things happen and the justice system isn't always fair. But still you can turn your life around. I'm the best damn example of this.

Martin assaulted a man ? That was a few years after Zimmerman assaulted a cop ?

Or was that after his road rage and wine bottles thrown at women incidents ?

http://fusion.net/story/37700/george-zimmerman-arrested-domestic-violence-florida-january-2015/

Michael Brown should not have been honored, agree on that. He was 100% thug.

Stealing blunts and trying to beat up cops. Him and Zimzam coulda been friends.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Who was that? I saw exactly one award given out. Breanna Stewart - and then she gives some awkward and forced speech about women should be covered just as much as the men...........I don't know why, but basketball is not the game to make that argument. The disparity is ridiculous. A guy I listen to on DC radio was saying that at his gym, there are a bunch of Mystics (I think that's the name) and the weekend warrior middle aged guys beat them all the time.........Tennis they fought for and got equal money, and I find it equally interesting, if not more interesting on the women's side..........Not sure why women can be just as interesting with tennis, softball, and probably a few more - but not basketball.

You nailed Woman's tennis. It is a far better watch than the men's game. The men are too strong and the game is really predictable point-set-match. The woman's game is much more fun to watch. I'm a Kerber fan.

I know people grow up and change. Most do, actually. These kids never had the chance because they were murdered.

Going to PPP doesn't make one a man, by the way. It's an Internet forum, not the military.

I'm done discussing this, anyway.

Martin assaulted a man ? That was a few years after Zimmerman assaulted a cop ?

Or was that after his road rage and wine bottles thrown at women incidents ? http://fusion.net/story/37700/george-zimmerman-arrested-domestic-violence-florida-january-2015/

Michael Brown should not have been honored, agree on that. He was 100% thug.

Stealing blunts and trying to beat up cops. Him and Zimzam coulda been friends.

strawman.

And even you have agreed Zimmerman was attacked by Martin.

I know people grow up and change. Most do, actually. These kids never had the chance because they were murdered.

Going to PPP doesn't make one a man, by the way. It's an Internet forum, not the military.

I'm done discussing this, anyway.

most would believe you never began. Your thoughts were baseline CNN and MSNBC. Your group think was no discussion and instead a fime example of what is wrong with social movements of today. When others do not agree you use strawman arguments to change the narrative to fit that of your argument shifting the goal posts waiting for someone to take the bait. This is what is wrong with society.

Never did I say that PPP would make you a man. Discussing it openly where the entire circumstance could be addressed would mean you stand behind your statements. Taking this to PPP would hold you accountable. It has nothing to do with manliness or bravado. It has to do with the appropriate forum to address your perspective. There it would be shredded.

Please, replace the word murdered with killed. You owe it to the Constitution and our government to do so as a jury and grand jury did not agree with the accusations of murder. They were killed.

Edited by Boyst62