TOD 7/13: Should the pre-season be less than four games?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I vote 2. Hold a scrimmage if you must.

The NFL wants more games but all the really need to do is extend the season. Add a second bye week. It will make the season longer without adding more games, and it will give players another week to recover.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Here's my proposal that won't happen until the new CBA and would make the players and owners more money.

2 Preseason games

2 Byes

17 Game Season

A 3rd wildcard team giving Ong the best record a bye vs. 2 teams.

Increase the active roster to 53 on game day and a small increase to the roster maintaining the current number of practice squad guys. More players for depth means more rotation for the extra game in the season.

Lastly, increased TV contract with 14 network TV TR night games providing a lot more TV revenue. This will generate a lot of money both the owners and the players would receive so contracts keep going up.

I wouldn't mind seeing the preseason games played without pads/tackling. I think a lot can still be accomplished, with regard to running plays full speed/evaluating talent, and the risk of injury would decrease significantly. If they could do that, I'd still be cool with four.

If they feel the need to play preseason games as if they actually count, then I would like to see no more than two.