TOD 7/13: Should the pre-season be less than four games?

Two

There is maybe one or two players the team doesn't know what to do with going into the last game. It is meaningless.

The starters don't need the reps. Game 1 of the season looks like all the other games.

Two games will help determine a few starting spots up for grabs and will give enough information to fill out the depth chart.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes 3, 2 just isn't enough to get things running smoothly.

yes, I mean they are ok but it ends up being watching a lot of guys who aren't NFL worthy.

You should come to America to be a scout and get paid for what you really love doing.

16 teams in the playoffs; more money more opportunity more excitement at the end of season as more teams have a chance, everyone wins. (and our playoff drought would be shorter)

Dude no way, they don't play hard as it is, I wouldn't even watch without pads.

I can't watch preseason games. Mostly because it's boring. But also because all I do is worry about injury. Why risk it in meaningless games? Even the playing field. Make it across the board no pads or tackling. Just my opinion.

I can't watch preseason games. Mostly because it's boring. But also because all I do is worry about injury. Why risk it in meaningless games? Even the playing field. Make it across the board no pads or tackling. Just my opinion.

I get your point but I couldn't watch that.

I think 3 is enough. One game for the starters and the other 2 for the scrubs to get a fair chance to make the team. Preseason doesn't exist to entertain fans.

Agreed but scrimmages and practice should also be enough. The fact that the NFL charges full price for a glorified scrimmage is an absolute disgrace. But Goodell is not a very wise man.

I'd be happy with 2 or 3 scrimmages and 2 preseason games.

Agreed but scrimmages and practice should also be enough. The fact that the NFL charges full price for a glorified scrimmage is an absolute disgrace. But Goodell is not a very wise man.

I'd be happy with 2 or 3 scrimmages and 2 preseason games.

Are you kidding me? Scrimmages are scrimmages. Have you ever seen a scrimmage? There's no flow to the game, can't hit the QB, it doesn't show you everything. You can't rely on scrimmage and practices to see who makes the team and who doesn't. You need to play an actual game, no matter how boring it is for fans.

yes 3, 2 just isn't enough to get things running smoothly.

yes, I mean they are ok but it ends up being watching a lot of guys who aren't NFL worthy.

You should come to America to be a scout and get paid for what you really love doing.

16 teams in the playoffs; more money more opportunity more excitement at the end of season as more teams have a chance, everyone wins. (and our playoff drought would be shorter)

Dude no way, they don't play hard as it is, I wouldn't even watch without pads.

BB - by my guest ion it would be 14 teams in the playoffs, not 16.