Williams speech/Alton/Philando/Dallas shootings

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Made a move they FELT was threatening. Now he's dead. Hey, just remember you reap what you sow.

But tough guy Ryan will beat a cop's azz if they shoot your dog... GOOD one Chuck Norris... You are imortal.

Under the color of law, " felt" threatened is the threshold needed to use ( deadly) physical force. That is the standard in police training . Should that be changed because a few get shot / killed a year ( in a nation of over 300 million people) that turn out to not have a firearm after all? Take that advantage away and there would be way more Cops killed out there. To some morons that would be a good thing, I suppose. Bottom line is if you get involved in a situation with Police comply and show absolutely that you don't have a weapon of any sort. To use street parlance " these guys ain't playin". If they need to make a split second decision as to who goes home that night and who ends up in a body bag because you choose to do something stupid, who do you think will win? It's collateral damage due to the way the law has to be.

Under the color of law, " felt" threatened is the threshold needed to use ( deadly) physical force. That is the standard in police training . Should that be changed because a few get shot / killed a year ( in a nation of over 300 million people) that turn out to not have a firearm after all? Take that advantage away and there would be way more Cops killed out there. To some morons that would be a good thing, I suppose. Bottom line is if you get involved in a situation with Police comply and show absolutely that you don't have a weapon of any sort. To use street parlance " these guys ain't playin". If they need to make a split second decision as to who goes home that night and who ends up in a body bag because you choose to do something stupid, who do you think will win? It's collateral damage due to the way the law has to be.

I wonder if the woman relative calling the incident in told them if the dude had mental issues or something else, say epilepsy, etc...

Anyway...

"Felt threatened" is a very low standard. Heck, everybody is carrying a gun now. Concealed carry, etc... Guns are ubiquitous. Just me having CC will make a cop feel threatened.

How is anybody going trust when they attempt to disarm arm them. Especially an AA. The gov't coming up to you and taking your gun away. I know it is crazy, but when the gov't attempts to take your gun away, what are you nuts going to do?

Sure recipe to be killed by the gov't. And... More guns on the street are a good thing?

Even know the guy is taking that posture, you can clearly see that he has nothing that looks like gun in his hands, and the cops are 1/2 as close as the cameraperson.

Life doesn't happen in still photographs. You assume that pose with a cop be prepared to die.

"no debates allowed"

Campus debate on Black Lives Matter called racist, shut down by protesters (VIDEO)

A routine debate on Tuesday hosted by a University of Michigan debate club was effectively shut down after a throng of protesters stormed the event and repeatedly shouted over participants, claiming the topic on whether Black Lives Matter is harmful to racial relations is too racist and bigoted to be discussed

http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/29212/

Proud day for "progressive" thought

"no debates allowed"

Campus debate on Black Lives Matter called racist, shut down by protesters (VIDEO)

A routine debate on Tuesday hosted by a University of Michigan debate club was effectively shut down after a throng of protesters stormed the event and repeatedly shouted over participants, claiming the topic on whether Black Lives Matter is harmful to racial relations is too racist and bigoted to be discussed

Nothing like proving their point

"no debates allowed"

So.....nowadays students go to school to teach everyone else what to think?

edit: I just read a couple of the stories linked underneath this one, and the one featuring the Swarthmore student who had to leave campus is just too much. It's time that we at least started calling these people what they are: fascist bigots, because they're absolutely not liberals. They have no respect for freedom of speech, and certainly none at all for anyone who holds an opinion that differs from their own. So much so in fact that they do everything they can to silence any speech with which they disagree. It's a youth movement based on intolerance and exclusion, the exact opposite of what they claim it to be.

They need to be identified as what they really are, publicly ridiculed for their bigotry, and denounced wherever they appear.

Edited by Azalin

http://www.jsonline.com/story/news/investigations/2016/09/30/chisholm-flynn-differ-911-call-study-findings/91271766/

Just what I was saying... Go it alone I suppose. Who the eff in their right mind calls the police for help if they will just shoot or beat you? A dummy that's who. Take your chances solving one's own problems. Let the gov't sort things out later.

Of course, police can claim victory... They are stopping crime! Less people calling 911. Okay, then let's cut back on enforcement, less resources needed. Did a job so well, worked themselves right out of a job! Yeah, right! Yeah gov't!

Next you're going to be pulling yourself over and giving yourself a citation for having a turn signal out and a dangling license place.

Nice strawman, now if you only had a brain.

That is not what I am talking about. I am just bringing up stuff like San Diego (El Cajon). If the police get innvolved, let them do it on their own. They will find a way into the situation. Don't call them to come help in cases like San Diego, God knows what they will do. The sister in San Diego learned the hard way.

What do you expect when somebody says they are from the gov't and here to help? If they have a gun... Be scared, very scared.

Let them handle the over officious jerk stuff like dangling tags, etc... It gets out of hand, so be it @ least you can't blame yourself for calling them. Get a gun and let them sort things out. That's what you want right? Not a 911 "come save me call."

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Nice strawman, now if you only had a brain.

That is not what I am talking about. I am just bringing up stuff like San Diego (El Cajon). If the police get innvolved, let them do it on their own. They will find a way into the situation. Don't call them to come help in cases like San Diego, God knows what they will do. The sister in San Diego learned the hard way.

What do you expect when somebody says they are from the gov't and here to help? If they have a gun... Be scared, very scared.

Let them handle the over officious jerk stuff like dangling tags, etc... It gets out of hand, so be it @ least you can't blame yourself for calling them. Get a gun and let them sort things out. That's what you want right? Not a 911 "come save me call."

It's probably time for you to climb into your bomb shelter, there's just too much going on in the world.

It's probably time for you to climb into your bomb shelter, there's just too much going on in the world.

No, not at all. What's wrong with being independent? What carrying on and drama is in your life that you need to call the police @ 911. Let them sort it out after the fact if they are so inclined.

Maybe people will think twice about calling somebody with a gun to assist them with their mentally unstable brother in San Diego. It's working in old Milwaukee... 911 calls are way down and it only took one police beating 10 years ago.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/news/investigations/2016/09/30/chisholm-flynn-differ-911-call-study-findings/91271766/

Just what I was saying... Go it alone I suppose. Who the eff in their right mind calls the police for help if they will just shoot or beat you? A dummy that's who. Take your chances solving one's own problems. Let the gov't sort things out later.

Of course, police can claim victory... They are stopping crime! Less people calling 911. Okay, then let's cut back on enforcement, less resources needed. Did a job so well, worked themselves right out of a job! Yeah, right! Yeah gov't!

Good Lord, that web site is hideous.

Good Lord, that web site is hideous.

Yes... The Old McSquawky Journal Sentinel.

They must be drinking. What made Milwaukee famous made a fool out of them!

This coming from me. :-) I love their reporting on the Asian carp thing. Great Chicken Little reading. I go there for a good chuckle on that subject.

It's still Wisconsin you know... ;-)

Drinking is big leagues up there... LoL,:

http://www.jsonline.com/story/news/local/milwaukee/2016/09/24/man-arrested-berating-sheriff-clarke-fllight/91061628/