Williams speech/Alton/Philando/Dallas shootings

Once again social media (Twitter especially) is going to be the death of us. All idiots now have a forum to spew their ignorance and hatred fanning the flames and pushing us all further apart. We're scroomed. (screwed/doomed)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again social media (Twitter especially) is going to be the death of us. All idiots now have a forum to spew their ignorance and hatred fanning the flames and pushing us all further apart. We're scroomed. (screwed/doomed)

I'm shopping for a nice quiet island somewhere. Hopefully I could come back when all is well.

I'm shopping for a nice quiet island somewhere. Hopefully I could come back when all is well.

No kidding. We have a boatload of money in equity in our house after only 4 years. I told the wife we could live for 10 years on that on some quiet island. She said then what? We jump off a cliff?? No then we start to draw from SS and our retirement. D'uh....it's what I do for a living. :doh:

Neither does CNN.

You're simply not going to get anything but a narrative from any of the news agencies. The headlines alone make my stomach turn every morning. I've tried everything from AP to Reuters, and it simply is all a lost cause. Absolutely no one is interested in reporting the news...only what they want you to read.

This is the problem , just stir the pot to bring in viewers , never mind the facts,

This will get innocent people and police killed.

Not sure if you are all aware of the Pokemon Go hype. I am hearing about it and seeing people playing it everywhere I go. I thought this story about a black man who thinks he is at higher risk if he goes outside to play the game and therefore it counts as additional "white privilege." suited this thread.

http://archive.is/3M3Ww

This is how far the media is spreading this fear and misinformation.

The premise of Pokemon GO asks me to put my life in danger if I chose to play it as it is intended and with enthusiasm. Let’s just go ahead and add Pokemon GO to the extremely long list of things white people can do without fear of being killed, while Black people have to realistically be wary.

Edited by What a Tuel

Not sure if you are all aware of the Pokemon Go hype. I am hearing about it and seeing people playing it everywhere I go. I thought this story about a black man who thinks he is at higher risk if he goes outside to play the game and therefore it counts as additional "white privilege." suited this thread.

http://archive.is/3M3Ww

This is how far the media is spreading this fear and misinformation.

Obama's America. Come on in and help yourself to a big slice of victimhood.

Twitter is the worst. Nobody can make a cogent argument in 140 characters. It is so liberal and #blacktwitter dominates it so much. I think conservatives are mostly afraid to post, because whatever they say, they'll be called out and their bosses will be told to fire them.

I think most of the police traffic stops for tail lights being out are basically police fishing expeditions. I don't have statistics so am not really sure but I've long suspected these are a part of the war on drugs. The officer gets to shine the flashlight inside the vehicle and looks for other violations. Let's face it, a burned out tail light is not all that dangerous to the public. I am sure their in-car software could be altered to simply generate a postcard with a warning.

Maybe it would be a good idea to curtail these types of stops. Might it be time to create fewer of these interactions with guns so available and officers so edgy? I am not advocating for not stopping suspicious vehicles, but perhaps it is not the best atmosphere for fishing expeditions

Yup, if they made pot legal, this would all go away.

Well, it is pretty obvious that the 'war on drugs' has become a large wedge between police and public. The war on drugs have allowed more and more infringements on rights over time.

What infringements?

- stop and frisk policing

- traffic stops that are actually fishing expeditions are essentially illegal searches

- traffic checkpoints are essentially illegal searches

- asset forfeiture with respect to drug raids has gotten out of control. Police now rely on these funds causing conflict of interest.

- no knock swat team raids on suspected cannabis grow operations endanger citizens needlessly

- etc.

Say anything concerning gun control and this site sprouts tens of constitutional scholars. They don't seem to speak about these other rights violations though.

I have read here lots of times, 'if it doesn't affect me directly, I don't care'. Have you heard the protest chant, 'No Justice, No Peace!' ?? The injustices allowed in our war on drugs are coming back around. Perhaps folks should be more concerned when they see injustice affecting others around them.

bg071416dAPC20160714024551.jpg

Obama Invites Radical #BlackLivesMatter Leader to White House After His Arrest Last Weekend
by Jim Hoft

Original Article

DeRay McKesson was a lead full-time paid protester in Ferguson, Missouri during the mass riots and looting. He later became a lead activist in Baltimore during the Freddie Gray riots and looting. (Photo at link) DeRay McKesson and the other Ferguson and Baltimore protest leaders were trained in Soros-funded agitation.

(Snip)

Last week DeRay was awarded a job with the Baltimore school district in human resources making $165,000 a year. On Saturday DeRay was arrested in Baton Rouge leading race protesters in illegal activities. (Photo at link) On Wednesday Obama invited DeRay to the White House to lecture police on racism. The Hill reported:

Well, it is pretty obvious that the 'war on drugs' has become a large wedge between police and public. The war on drugs have allowed more and more infringements on rights over time.

What infringements?

- stop and frisk policing

- traffic stops that are actually fishing expeditions are essentially illegal searches

- traffic checkpoints are essentially illegal searches

- asset forfeiture with respect to drug raids has gotten out of control. Police now rely on these funds causing conflict of interest.

- no knock swat team raids on suspected cannabis grow operations endanger citizens needlessly

- etc.

Say anything concerning gun control and this site sprouts tens of constitutional scholars. They don't seem to speak about these other rights violations though.

I have read here lots of times, 'if it doesn't affect me directly, I don't care'. Have you heard the protest chant, 'No Justice, No Peace!' ?? The injustices allowed in our war on drugs are coming back around. Perhaps folks should be more concerned when they see injustice affecting others around them.

So are the police shootings, commie protests and snipers shooting cops just another disease that pot can cure?

Twitter is the worst. Nobody can make a cogent argument in 140 characters. It is so liberal and #blacktwitter dominates it so much. I think conservatives are mostly afraid to post, because whatever they say, they'll be called out and their bosses will be told to fire them.

Yup, if they made pot legal, this would all go away.

Twitter is the old saying about a lie getting all the way around the world while the truth is putting it's boots on on steroids.

We don't have a racial disparity in marijuana arrests in my state. 0 to 0. And somehow the state hadn't gone to hell with all the crazy pot heads running around making kids smoke it.

No one thing can fix racism and the friction with the polive. Legalizing weed would help though. Black people NOT getting arrested for weed have less reason to hate cops. Or white people for that matter.

Edited by reddogblitz

Twitter is the old saying about a lie getting all the way around the world while the truth is putting it's boots on on steroids.

We don't have a racial disparity in marijuana arrests in my state. 0 to 0. And somehow the state hadn't gone to hell with all the crazy pot heads running around making kids smoke it.

No one thing can fix racism and the friction with the polive. Legalizing weed would help though. Black people NOT getting arrested for weed have less reason to hate cops. Or white people for that matter.

They tried not arresting Black people at all in Baltimore and they started complaining about the increased crime rate. Police can't win.

I don't mind these people fighting for justice for wrongful killings but the campaign of misinformation that they can't walk out of their doors without the potential of getting shot needs to stop. People are believing it, and it is making them dangerous. There is no police brutality epidemic in this country. Are there cases of injustice? Yes, and they should be investigated.