The Writing is On The Walls. Bye, bye Bills

I know this. But....the bigger point I made earlier is that they've done this EVERY year for the London games and they sell those out. Rogers tested the appetite for the NFL and it failed when other "tests" did not. That's what it's about. Is it sustainable when every team is going to have their ups and downs? No. London sold out Bills-Jaguars at massive prices.

They may have to cancel the London series because of the Brexit. stay tuned.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this. But....the bigger point I made earlier is that they've done this EVERY year for the London games and they sell those out. Rogers tested the appetite for the NFL and it failed when other "tests" did not. That's what it's about. Is it sustainable when every team is going to have their ups and downs? No. London sold out Bills-Jaguars at massive prices.

Because London is a destination, a dream trip for some. Toronto is a day trip for people from Buffalo and WNY.

London isn't Toronto.

If nothing else, it showed that they would likely be able to put butts in seats with higher prices ... just not $1000. With a better product than the Bills that they sent there during that series, of course.

It's funny to me that people think that Pegula genuinely cares about the people/city of Buffalo. He cares about money. That's it. He bought a team that was FINALLY built to be a legitimate powerhouse. We truly were "a QB away," from wreaking havoc on the AFC. Then he turned it into a sideshow. A circus act. And he sold a ton of season tickets in the process. Money. That's all he's dedicated to.

I don't think anyone would disagree with that point.

Umm...I'll disagree with it. Everything about the Pegulas foray into Buffalo's professional athletics scene has been about the city and building something lasting.

Between ridiculous takes on Tyrod Taylor and this nonsense, I truthfully can't tell if Gugny is just pulling legs or is really delusional.

Umm...I'll disagree with it. Everything about the Pegulas foray into Buffalo's professional athletics scene has been about the city and building something lasting.

Between ridiculous takes on Tyrod Taylor and this nonsense, I truthfully can't tell if Gugny is just pulling legs or is really delusional.

I think he's delusional and not really addressing proximate cause at all. The appetite for football in Canada is in its infant stage at best. You pay less to go to a CFL game than a baseball game here in the states. There's no evidence supporting that Canada even wants an NFL team. He makes an economic argument and then simply ignores the reality of economics to draw a conclusion. He absolves himself from reality by ignoring the massive investment that the Pegulas are making in the Buffalo area. Basically, his position is "it's all about money" but he gets to ignore where the money is actually getting spent. The Pegulas are making money to boot right where they are. I think it's hilariously delusional to be honest.

I've been wondering the same thing. I am assuming that he is pulling legs but I don't know. It's tough to tell sarcasm on here.

There is zero chance that the Bills leave with Pegula (Luxy covered it well).

I would completely disagree with nearly everything that was said in that post...

I think we can all agree that some people may share opinions similar to those raised in the aforementioned post.

I've been wondering the same thing. I am assuming that he is pulling legs but I don't know. It's tough to tell sarcasm on here.

There is zero chance that the Bills leave with Pegula (Luxy covered it well).

You're the Dick Jauron of comprehending TBD trolling.

Ummm....But, what about the "facts"? :)

To the OP: you are seriously trying to draw a parallel between Goodall & the BonJovi DirecTV commercials? Quite a stretch ....

BonJovi's time to ALLEGEDLY become an NFL owner came and went ....and now he's doing DTV commercials. Big deal.

To the OP: you are seriously trying to draw a parallel between Goodall & the BonJovi DirecTV commercials? Quite a stretch ....

BonJovi's time to ALLEGEDLY become an NFL owner came and went ....and now he's doing DTV commercials. Big deal.

Maybe he's doing the commercials to raise funds so one day when he grows up he can actually afford to buy an NFL team? Look for lemonade stands popping up around the Ralph too.

(I never really liked the guy, and this didn't help.)

There's only one Pegula.

Maybe he's doing the commercials to raise funds so one day when he grows up he can actually afford to buy an NFL team? Look for lemonade stands popping up around the Ralph too.

(I never really liked the guy, and this didn't help.)

Luckily he isn't going to live forever, and now or never has passed....

. . . He absolves himself from reality by ignoring the massive investment that the Pegulas are making in the Buffalo area. Basically, his position is "it's all about money" but he gets to ignore where the money is actually getting spent. . . .

Serious question, because I'm too lazy to try to goozle-chat this today. Is the Pegulas' "massive investment" in the Buffalo area bigger than what they paid to buy the Bills? Because if it's not, then maximizing the return from their investment in the Bills Trumps their need to get a return from what they spend elsewhere in Buffalo. Think "sunk costs," which should be ignored in making future economic decisions.

Man of his word huh? Have you seen the pictures of the oil drenched wood ducks in PA and West Virginia who fell victim to his scorched earth fracking industry?? Search google ("fracking oil shale wood ducks sexual reproduction") and you'll see all the evidence you need. . . .

Since it's silly season before training camp starts, I decided to goozle the Internet tubes in the precise manner you so blithely suggested. I found nothing about the Pegulas, but I learned quite a bit about duck penises. The link below came up on the first page of my search:

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/notrocketscience/2009/12/22/ballistic-penises-and-corkscrew-vaginas-the-sexual-battles-of-ducks/#.V310XuliORs

So I didn't learn anything about the Bills, and I'm so mad that I'm about to go ballistic.

Proof that I'm telling the truth:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=fracking+oil+shale+wood+ducks+sexual+reproduction

Since it's silly season before training camp starts, I decided to goozle the Internet tubes in the precise manner you so blithely suggested. I found nothing about the Pegulas, but I learned quite a bit about duck penises. The link below came up on the first page of my search:

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/notrocketscience/2009/12/22/ballistic-penises-and-corkscrew-vaginas-the-sexual-battles-of-ducks/#.V310XuliORs

So I didn't learn anything about the Bills, and I'm so mad that I'm about to go ballistic.

Proof that I'm telling the truth:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=fracking+oil+shale+wood+ducks+sexual+reproduction

I am not quite sure what to say here.

Thanks?

For uncovering something that was best left covered?

For the efforts and exuberance a Bills fan employs in seeking the facts and hard obtuse but sometimes real data, plowing through a miasma of unfounded and dubious thinking and coming to Conclusions yet to be reached by any one right minded?

Setting aside personal pride moral values and proper etiquette to recover the grail.

You have made your point i think !

Absurdity reigns with in these four walls. And we the inmates are also our own keepers.

I would to like to mention to the Moderators, i still want for alike button.

And times like these i think prizes should be awarded. If only for inspired outlandishments.

Bravo !