The Writing is On The Walls. Bye, bye Bills

Serious question, because I'm too lazy to try to goozle-chat this today. Is the Pegulas' "massive investment" in the Buffalo area bigger than what they paid to buy the Bills? Because if it's not, then maximizing the return from their investment in the Bills Trumps their need to get a return from what they spend elsewhere in Buffalo. Think "sunk costs," which should be ignored in making future economic decisions.

Yes, he's bought businesses and invested in others. He's buying into the infrastructure of the city. Buying the team (at least the price point) is a sunk cost. That said, you have to operate the team such that it immediately becomes an operating business. So the "sunk cost" argument really becomes a moot point. He's spending, that's the point.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Build a wall on the Canadian border - that way the Bills won't be able to get to Canada.

I suggested this earlier in the thread, but we have to make Bon Jovi pay for it!

Since it's silly season before training camp starts, I decided to goozle the Internet tubes in the precise manner you so blithely suggested. I found nothing about the Pegulas, but I learned quite a bit about duck penises. The link below came up on the first page of my search:

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/notrocketscience/2009/12/22/ballistic-penises-and-corkscrew-vaginas-the-sexual-battles-of-ducks/#.V310XuliORs

So I didn't learn anything about the Bills, and I'm so mad that I'm about to go ballistic.

Proof that I'm telling the truth:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=fracking+oil+shale+wood+ducks+sexual+reproduction

You are on the right path. Follow the money. Ducks Unlimited is a multi-million dollar "not for profit". Guess who attends their annual fundraisers and game dinners? Yeah, TP. When you consider this with his destruction of wood duck breeding grounds in the Missouri Valley, he is setting us up for a coop detat.

You are on the right path. Follow the money. Ducks Unlimited is a multi-million dollar "not for profit". Guess who attends their annual fundraisers and game dinners? Yeah, TP. When you consider this with his destruction of wood duck breeding grounds in the Missouri Valley, he is setting us up for a coop detat.

Chickens are involved too? Damn, this is worse than I thought.

You are on the right path. . . .

If so, it will be the first time. My path was neither straight nor narrow, and led me somewhere you probably don't want to go, at least not if you are at work. Do you have any insights about how the Pegulas feel about ostriches and emus?

http://scicurious.scientopia.org/2011/12/16/friday-weird-science-the-erection-of-the-ostrich/

If so, it will be the first time. My path was neither straight nor narrow, and led me somewhere you probably don't want to go, at least not if you are at work. Do you have any insights about how the Pegulas feel about ostriches and emus?

http://scicurious.scientopia.org/2011/12/16/friday-weird-science-the-erection-of-the-ostrich/

I wish I hadn't clicked. Sometimes I can't help myself.

They are known to be rather large supporters of Ostriches Unlimited. Which begs the question: why do they support a group that protects the breeding p grounds of ostriches when such a bird procreates only in the northern portions of Ontario and southern Quebec. Answer: they are looking to build a "Super Stadium" in the very habitat where the Ostri breed. It all follows a logical order. Edited by BringBackFergy

That's what I said earlier. The internet has allowed lunatics to find other, similarly-bent lunatics to team up with, whereas in the past they would be relegated to shouting to themselves on street corners until the guys with the big butterfly nets showed up. The results don't bode well for civilization.

Oh well.... It wasn't civilized enough anyway.... But even then upon the collapse of civilization the up side is it will have been triggered by Bon jovi and trump moving the team to Toronto...

Can't we turn this into a more optimistic, Tyrod is too small.runs too much and EJ is the most inaccurate back up in the history of the NFL thread? Or Better yet, Rex defense is so complicated and our guys can't communicate debate

Oil is going to $20 a barrel, and global deflation based on demographics will persistently depress the prices of other resources that are the lifeblood of the Canadian economy. Canada don't make no nothing, the sell resources. Canada is so screwed that Toronto is going to be looking to a re-emergent Buffalo to bail out the Raptors and Jays in 10 years. They will "regionalize" those franchises to draw better in Western New York. Pegs will buy the Jays and move them to Buffalo - and give them a real name, like Bisons. Bon Jovi can sing the U.S. National Anthem on opening day. It is going to be sweet!!

Oil is going to $20 a barrel, and global deflation based on demographics will persistently depress the prices of other resources that are the lifeblood of the Canadian economy. Canada don't make no nothing, the sell resources. Canada is so screwed that Toronto is going to be looking to a re-emergent Buffalo to bail out the Raptors and Jays in 10 years. They will "regionalize" those franchises to draw better in Western New York. Pegs will buy the Jays and move them to Buffalo - and give them a real name, like Bisons. Bon Jovi can sing the U.S. National Anthem on opening day. It is going to be sweet!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

The op put out the biggest troll thread

They are known to be rather large supporters of Ostriches Unlimited. Which begs the question: why do they support a group that protects the breeding p grounds of ostriches when such a bird procreates only in the northern portions of Ontario and southern Quebec. Answer: they are looking to build a "Super Stadium" in the very habitat where the Ostri breed. It all follows a logical order.

This theory is starting to maybe make some sense. pegula's secret plan is getting exposed. Not hard to see the team change their

Logo to a Ostrich with it's head buried in the sand. representing the first mostly 50+ years of futility. A fitting reminder of the sometimes gory past. Does he have the clout

To get the Canadian PM have the Bills ostrich logo replace the Loonie on currency?