Who's Your Surprise Starter for 2016?

The Bleacher Report recently did a piece projecting a surprise starter for each NFL club. For the Bills, they predicted Glen Gronkowski.

Especially if you consider nickel backs and #3 WRs as quasi starters (after all, both these positions play more than fullbacks), I think there are many other possibilities. Who would you pick?

Here's an excerpt of B/R's write-up on Gronk:

"Gronkowski's versatility will be his calling card," Bleacher Report NFL Draft Lead Writer Matt Miller wrote of Gronkowski before the draft. "He can line up at multiple positions and play on special teams. Coaches asked him to carry the ball at Kansas State, and he has some value in short-yardage and goal-line situations."

Gronkowski may also be able to provide an upgrade over Felton, rated just 34th overall among 36 fullbacks by Pro Football Focus last season. With Felton due to earn $1.55 million in base salary this year, Gronkowski will definitely be cheaper.

http://xxxxxxxxxxxx.com/articles/2648647-predicting-every-nfl-teams-most-surprising-starter-ahead-of-training-camps/page/5

Edited by hondo in seattle

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if lil' gronky is in then felton is out.felton is proven to be oneof the best backs in the league, granted playing with peterson, but still he is proven where lil gronky is not. i would take felton.

surprise starter i must say robert woods. yes i know he's a #2 wr but i expect him to have a legitimate uptick in his performance not just measured in yards.

Greg Little is my sleeper to win that 3 WR role and revitalize a once promising career. He has size and strength that others in the pile of misfits lack. I have no idea how he has looked since signing here but if he gets his act together he would be a nice compliment.

Here is a short write up about him coming out of NC, it mentions his blocking which I'm sure tickles Roman's hairy little chin chin.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/greg-little?id=2495192

Dez Lewis as the #3 WR. He was a longshot for this spot prior to the offseason workouts. I think that he wins the job now.

I think this has a good chance of coming true, so not sure that it would qualify as surprise.

Little Gronk would be a surprise. I think he gets cut. It was a media move and yes Bills do that crap

I'll go with Kevon Seymour as the slot corner

Over his mentor Nickell "truck load" Robey ?

Robert Blanton at Safety

I expect this if A Williams is sketchy. and maybe even over Graham at some point.

I also can see all 3 on the field at the same time with their CB skills

Greg Little is my sleeper to win that 3 WR role and revitalize a once promising career. He has size and strength that others in the pile of misfits lack. I have no idea how he has looked since signing here but if he gets his act together he would be a nice compliment.

Here is a short write up about him coming out of NC, it mentions his blocking which I'm sure tickles Roman's hairy little chin chin.

Now this would be pleasant surprise !

Edited by 3rdand12

I'm also saying Seymour at slot corner. But with the way Robey's play has dropped off considerably since his stellar rookie season, and with how much hype Seymour has gotten so far, maybe it's not a huge surprise.

Problem is he can't catch...never could. Too many drops..

The Bleacher Report recently did a piece projecting a surprise starter for each NFL club. For the Bills, they predicted Glen Gronkowski.

Especially if you consider nickel backs and #3 WRs as quasi starters (after all, both these positions play more than fullbacks), I think there are many other possibilities. Who would you pick?

Here's an excerpt of B/R's write-up on Gronk:

"Gronkowski's versatility will be his calling card," Bleacher Report NFL Draft Lead Writer Matt Miller wrote of Gronkowski before the draft. "He can line up at multiple positions and play on special teams. Coaches asked him to carry the ball at Kansas State, and he has some value in short-yardage and goal-line situations."

Gronkowski may also be able to provide an upgrade over Felton, rated just 34th overall among 36 fullbacks by Pro Football Focus last season. With Felton due to earn $1.55 million in base salary this year, Gronkowski will definitely be cheaper.

http://xxxxxxxxxxxx.com/articles/2648647-predicting-every-nfl-teams-most-surprising-starter-ahead-of-training-camps/page/5

I hope so, would be nice to get more production out of the FB/HB/TE position. Plus it would be nice to have a good Gronk here to make up for the one that should have been here.

Dez Lewis as the #3 WR. He was a longshot for this spot prior to the offseason workouts. I think that he wins the job now.

:thumbsup:

Logic suggests Blanton is the obvious pick.

Little out of left field, Ryan Groy at RG. Working relationship with Kromer for a while, better athlete than Miller.

YORG!!