Topic of the day 6/27: What is your worst game day memory?

I'll tell you what game really stung to me - the Sunday, September 20, 2015, Week 2 game versus the Patriots.

I suppose I had irrational expectations for that game. I was going into that game with the hope that we'd hang a big one on the Pats and that times had changed.

And...they hadn't.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll tell you what game really stung to me - the Sunday, September 20, 2015, Week 2 game versus the Patriots.

I suppose I had irrational expectations for that game. I was going into that game with the hope that we'd hang a big one on the Pats and that times had changed.

And...they hadn't.

You know what's funny? That game didn't bother me nearly as much as the home game vs. the Pats*** the previous year. You know, the one in which the Pegulas were introduced as owners and we got our first taste of "oneBuffalo?"

The Bills couldn't stop Brady* to save their lives in the 2nd half. He did whatever he wanted -- to that ELITE defense.

I told my Son he could never have a GM vehicle in my driveway. One day a came home and he a had a custom El Camino in my garage.

and yes i helped him wrench on it.

It all works out in the end :thumbsup:

I can't blame him, every Ford I had was a piece of junk and will never buy another one.

And...they hadn't.

That game said to me , another losing season is here. yay.

Really the most recent heartbreaker, and gashing wound to an already hobbled fandom.

BB

I probably had a Volvo at the time :ph34r:

Recent memory: Last 2 seasons when we lost to the chiefs. I spent 3 hours watching a ****ty stream on my cpu to see us drop the ball in the 2nd half (2015) and fumble the game away (2014) then i had to drag my ass to work on sunday night burned out. not cool. not cool at all.

Wide right is the heartbreaking clincher!

To add that it was very embarrassing as a Bills fan to get to the stadium in Pasadena Calif for SB 27 to watch the helicopters landing nearby the stadium bringing movie stars. The countless limo's, exotic cars everywhere only to get to my seats and hear the roar of a bunch of drunken Bills fans shouting obscenities at everyone around them a few rows behind me. This was actually more embarrassing than the game and final score.

So hard to pick one, but it has to be Super Bowl and playoff games:

1 - The last SB, leading at halftime and thinking, "we're going to do this"; and then all hopes dashed with the Thurmond fumble early in the 3rd quarter. The feeling of hopelessness and the inevitable set in.

2 - Homerun throwback in Tennessee.

3 - Wide Right.

The game against the Pats that they throw a Hail Mary and the zebras throw a flag and call pass interference on it. Then I think we stopped them on the next play to see another flag for them that they score and win game. Pretty much started my complete disdain for that franchise and realize that the powers that b forever wouldn't let us beat them fair and square!

Edited by BigdaddyinOrlando

The game against the Pats that they throw a Hail Mary and the zebras throw a flag and call pass interference on it. Then I think we stopped them on the next play to see another flag for them that they score and win game. Pretty much started my complete disdain for that franchise and realize that the powers that b forever wouldn't let us beat them fair and square!

:thumbsup:

Hey! I am still a Bills Fan !!

PROVE IT with a Mike Tyson-esque face tattoo!

Don't pull a Rex, you want the Buffalo going in the correct direction. If it went the wrong way you would look silly.

Opener against Jax in 2004. GW TD force out as time expired. This came a few plays after Jimmy smith converted a 4th and like 20.

I recall it because my shouts of anger woke my newborn nephew, and so I felt especially bad.

By the way, London game last year gets honorable mention, given the early time and streaming aspects to it.

This. Was there

So hard to pick one, but it has to be Super Bowl and playoff games:

1 - The last SB, leading at halftime and thinking, "we're going to do this"; and then all hopes dashed with the Thurmond fumble early in the 3rd quarter. The feeling of hopelessness and the inevitable set in.

2 - Homerun throwback in Tennessee.

3 - Wide Right.

Your #1 is my #1 - for exactly what you said. But, also for Thurman quitting and the rest of the team following the leader. The score was tied, dammit!

For me it is the loss to Kansas City 2 years ago. I really thought we would win that game and if we had I think the drought would have ended. We had so many chances to win that game. Bryce Brown's fumble, the Chiefs needing to convert a 4th and 1 early in the 4th that we allowed to go for a touchdown and then if McKelvin had just held on to the effing ball and fair catched the punt.

I was at my neice's christening and I spent most of the meal outside watching the game on my phone. I was broken at the end.

For me it is the loss to Kansas City 2 years ago. I really thought we would win that game and if we had I think the drought would have ended. We had so many chances to win that game. Bryce Brown's fumble, the Chiefs needing to convert a 4th and 1 early in the 4th that we allowed to go for a touchdown and then if McKelvin had just held on to the effing ball and fair catched the punt.

I was at my neice's christening and I spent most of the meal outside watching the game on my phone. I was broken at the end.

You pissed off God. Nice job Bill !!

Haha - on the off chance he exists I think I probably pissed him off loooooong ago.

Haha - on the off chance he exists I think I probably pissed him off loooooong ago.

I was gonna say baby jesus. Christening and all that !

The reason i think he does exist is based upon one fact.

Buffalo Bills and 16 years.

A vengeful god to say the least.

( btw ) My post is in fun.