Topic of the day for Monday 6/20 Cleveland Cavs title

I am of the opinion that the Sabres have a better chance of hoisting a Stanley Cup than the Bills of a Super Bowl ring. They've come close twice and have more playoff seasons during their 46? year existence. I haven't lived in Buffalo since 1983, but it seems to me the Sabres chances of getting to a Stanley Cup final are enhanced since it is not a one game elimination. Still love the Bills, but my money is on the Sabres breaking Buffalo's curse in major sports.

I agree, The Sabres seem to have a plan to get to the top unlike the Bills.

As much as I like hockey and as awesome as a Cup would be, it won't feel the same as a SB.

And the Buffalo Bandits have won several championships!

SD is an awful sports city. I'm not even sure if most of the people realize they have 2 pro sports teams.

Sadly, they are going to another chapter to their misery when the Chargers leave. If people even notice.

You are 100% correct with the Cup v. Super Bowl. As a Penguins fan, winning in '09 and this season was great. As a Cuse fan, winning in '03 was awesome. But NOTHING will compare to when the Bills finally win one. Nothing.

I am of the opinion that the Sabres have a better chance of hoisting a Stanley Cup than the Bills of a Super Bowl ring. They've come close twice and have more playoff seasons during their 46? year existence. I haven't lived in Buffalo since 1983, but it seems to me the Sabres chances of getting to a Stanley Cup final are enhanced since it is not a one game elimination. Still love the Bills, but my money is on the Sabres breaking Buffalo's curse in major sports.

Both teams will do it in three years -- same season.

My dad isn't getting any younger and I'm just praying that he (and everyone else in the same boat) is still around to enjoy it.

Braves anyone? They were our best bet to win something and "The Curse" struck them as well. Hopefully, we're next. Can LeBron play linebacker for us?

Love the Braves....but the 1990 & 1991 Bills were our best bet to win something, post AFL Championships.

I agree, The Sabres seem to have a plan to get to the top unlike the Bills.

With the way the NHL and NFL are set up, it almost seems like the NHL lends itself to franchise building more so than the NFL. It wasn't always that way, but the salary cap era NFL, the longer it goes on, seems to not be conducive toward long-term building. Part of the "parity" dream I suppose...so, in that sense, I agree, the Sabres franchise seems likelier to get Buffalo "off the schneid"

@Sportsnet

The King has returned with gold -- and a troll T-shirt 1f440.pnghttp://sprtsnt.ca/28LE8Uf

Clad__-WQAAT_D1.jpg

@AdamSchefter

Most-Watched NBA Game in ABC History: Record 30.8 Million Viewers for NBA Finals Game 7 - ESPN MediaZone http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2016/06/watched-nba-game-abc-history-record-30-8-million-viewers-nba-finals-game-7

Using Barley's idea on the Cavs...as a Bills fan I am happy for the city of Cleveland even though Buffalo is now elevated to most tortured sports city?

As a Laker fan I despise Dan Gilbert. He cost the Lakers Chris Paul and penned a letter rebuking super teams. Then he built one himself. For that reason I was rooting for the Warriors. I am glad the fans got one and glad Lebron was able to deliver for them. I think he had to leave when he did. It allowed the Cavs to gather assets, it allowed the fans to respect him more as they didn't know what they had until he was gone, and it allowed him to learn how to win one.

I hate Dan GIlbert. I just wanted to say that one more time :lol:

I think a case can be made for both San Diego and Buffalo. SD has gone two years longer and had more collective seasons without a title. Buffalo has been closer to a championship more often, however. SD has had two World Series losses and one Super Bowl loss. Buffalo's four straight SB losses to go along with two Stanley Cup losses puts them over the top in my opinion. Close, but no cigar is a different level of torture than just not making it.

San Diego didn't lose the Braves to Buffalo. Buffalo is a clear #1 IMO.

San Diego didn't lose the Braves to Buffalo. Buffalo is a clear #1 IMO.

That's true. At this point I'd even give it to Buffalo without even considering that, but it sure solidifies it. Maybe SD takes over the #1 spot if they lose the Chargers. Maybe. But even Browns fans cringe at the thought of losing 4 straight SBs. And they lost their whole team.