Topic of the day for Monday 6/20 Cleveland Cavs title

Using Barley's idea on the Cavs...as a Bills fan I am happy for the city of Cleveland even though Buffalo is now elevated to most tortured sports city?

Yeah why not....

Unfortunately for us I don't see our fortunes changing in the next 10 years.

Apparently not

@profootballtalk

Now that Cleveland is a city of winners, the most sports-cursed city is, (drum roll please), . . . San Diego

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/06/20/san-diego-is-the-new-home-of-sports-futility/

San Diego has the weather in its favor, though. No way it can be a factory of sadness.

I am of the opinion that the Sabres have a better chance of hoisting a Stanley Cup than the Bills of a Super Bowl ring. They've come close twice and have more playoff seasons during their 46? year existence. I haven't lived in Buffalo since 1983, but it seems to me the Sabres chances of getting to a Stanley Cup final are enhanced since it is not a one game elimination. Still love the Bills, but my money is on the Sabres breaking Buffalo's curse in major sports.

I am of the opinion that the Sabres have a better chance of hoisting a Stanley Cup than the Bills of a Super Bowl ring. They've come close twice and have more playoff seasons during their 46? year existence. I haven't lived in Buffalo since 1983, but it seems to me the Sabres chances of getting to a Stanley Cup final are enhanced since it is not a one game elimination. Still love the Bills, but my money is on the Sabres breaking Buffalo's curse in major sports.

I agree. I feel the Sabres have a very good GM in Tim Murray and he's been doing a good job of rebuilding the team. The Bills won't be able to make it past the Patriots until they either have a legitimate franchise QB (which I hope Tyrod can be), Brady starts declining or retires. Patriots are still the class of the AFC East (even though it pains me to say it) and will keep making it to the AFC Championship game every year until Brady starts declining or retires.

Living here in Cleveland, this is a fantastic moment. I am not a huge fan of basketball, but I am a Cavs fan as there's no Buffalo team to root for.

It'll be interesting to see what all the pessimists with their "Cleveland sports is cursed" pacifiers do. Do they throw them out or simply rub the CLE off and stamp a Browns helmet on and keep chewing away!

Enjoy the journey. That's what Buffalo's 4 super bowls taught me and it'll make that superbowl victory all the more sweet. So many Cleveland folks are in shock today and don't know quite how to react. Buffalo can do better than that!

I think a case can be made for both San Diego and Buffalo. SD has gone two years longer and had more collective seasons without a title. Buffalo has been closer to a championship more often, however. SD has had two World Series losses and one Super Bowl loss. Buffalo's four straight SB losses to go along with two Stanley Cup losses puts them over the top in my opinion. Close, but no cigar is a different level of torture than just not making it.

I think a case can be made for both San Diego and Buffalo. SD has gone two years longer and had more collective seasons without a title. Buffalo has been closer to a championship more often, however. SD has had two World Series losses and one Super Bowl loss. Buffalo's four straight SB losses to go along with two Stanley Cup losses puts them over the top in my opinion. Close, but no cigar is a different level of torture than just not making it.

Then there's weather.

As much as I like hockey and as awesome as a Cup would be, it won't feel the same as a SB.

And the Buffalo Bandits have won several championships!

SD is an awful sports city. I'm not even sure if most of the people realize they have 2 pro sports teams.

Sadly, they are going to another chapter to their misery when the Chargers leave. If people even notice.

Then there's weather.

weather doesn't really factor into it for me. We are talking about fan bases being tortured by their sports teams. There are SD fans who live in Ohio and buffalo, and bills fans who live in SD or elsewhere with nice weather. It's not just about the local fans.

As much as I like hockey and as awesome as a Cup would be, it won't feel the same as a SB.

And the Buffalo Bandits have won several championships!

SD is an awful sports city. I'm not even sure if most of the people realize they have 2 pro sports teams.

Sadly, they are going to another chapter to their misery when the Chargers leave. If people even notice.

the issue is the population in SD is very transient. So you have fewer lifers and die-hards than a place like buffalo or Cleveland. But they do still exist, and though the fan base might not be a big as ours, they have endured a lot of failure with their teams. Edited by YoloinOhio