6-16: Rex Ryan on WGR

6-16: REX RYAN ON WGR (14:57)

Rex on Tyrod Taylor: "The thing that jumps out at you is (Taylor) using the middle of the field."

Rex: "We have to be able to take advantage of the middle of the field more than we did last year"

rex on tyrod: there isnt 1 person who hasnt seen the strides he has made. said 1 difference this season will be tyrod making plays(1/2)

in the middle of the field. said they have to take advantage of the middle of field moreso than they did last year

rex on 2 point plays: they have practiced them a lot more this off season than last year. have also worked a lot on red zone plays

Rex on his defense: "It's my system, it's our system 100%. We're not looking back. We've thrown everything at them."

Rex: "Where we have to improve a great deal is that we have to tighten up our coverage"

Rex: "You look at Reggie Ragland, I've been blown away by this young man"

if you missed the interview with #Bills HC Rex Ryan, it will be in on demand at http://wgr550.com and we will re-air it at 9:00

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

When he said "we won the offseason" I thought Rex is truly delusional.

What do you mean we won the offseason, you had some practices. How do you know we won, did you have someone watch all the other teams practices to see if we really won?

I get that Rex blows smoke and totally inhales it, but C'mon dude be real for once and stop the useless, untrue comments, you look like an idiot if we lose (again).

What do you mean we won the offseason, you had some practices. How do you know we won, did you have someone watch all the other teams practices to see if we really won?

I get that Rex blows smoke and totally inhales it, but C'mon dude be real for once and stop the useless, untrue comments, you look like an idiot if we lose (again).

Do you know the context of the statement? It doesn't seem as if you do.

heard it on WGR, what is the context?

It was just a comment about how much better the team's overall commitment and understanding on both offense and defense is compared to last season. Nothing more or less and not a big deal. He went on to challenge the players to win July by showing up at St. John Fisher in shape and ready to go for training camp.

It was just a comment about how much better the team's overall commitment and understanding on both offense and defense is compared to last season. Nothing more or less and not a big deal. He went on to challenge the players to win July by showing up at St. John Fisher in shape and ready to go for training camp.

I wish he would have said that.

Just sounds retarded to say we won the offseason or July or what ever, win the freaking SB Rex then you can say all the dumb stuff you want.

His responses were the typical cliche responses that all coaches give in interviews at this early stage of preparation What did you want him to say that things look gloomy and this team doesn't stand a chance?

As you know I'm a critic of the talkative coach. But manufacturing issues from something that all coaches not only do, but are expected to do in these interview settings, is stretching it a bit and is unfair. You will have plenty of opportunities to question Rex's judgment, but this isn't a good time to do so.

Edited by JohnC

That's pretty much what I got out of it as well. The difference between last years OTA's and this year's OTA's are better than any other team in the league, to which he admits he hadn't seen any other teams. But when the headline reads "We won the offseason", it does not come across that way...

Stop taking everything so serious.

His responses were the typical cliche responses that all coaches give in interviews at this early stage of preparation What did you want him to say that things look gloomy and this team doesn't stand a chance?

As you know I'm a critic of the talkative coach. But manufacturing issues from something that all coaches not only do, but are expected to do in these interview settings, is stretching it a bit and is unfair. You will have plenty of opportunities to question Rex's judgment, but this isn't a good time to do so.

That they worked hard and things are coming together but need to work harder to get to where we want to go. (we won the offseason is just stupid, but I expect those comments from Rex, doesn't mean I have to like it)

Stop taking everything so serious.

I'm not. Just tired of overhyped self talk. If you constantly have to say how awesome you are, then your not.

That they worked hard and things are coming together but need to work harder to get to where we want to go. (we won the offseason is just stupid, but I expect those comments from Rex, doesn't mean I have to like it)

I'm not. Just tired of overhyped self talk. If you constantly have to say how awesome you are, then your not.

Yet you are here almost 24/7. (as am I)

In context, I didn't think it was a big deal at all. It was a sound yet world, and WGR amd ESPN blew it way out of proportion as they are saying, "crap, they have a month off, what did Rex say? Oh yeah go with that."

It sounds like they had some productive camps where they were able to see some cohesion vs. confusion last year. Rex is an easy punching bag by the media. I'll wait for his real bonehead comments. He seems to have toned those down vs. Dougey fresh on a roll this off season, and I like Doug. I've always been very open liking him at this point as our GM.