Great Quotes

WotAGuy

Share your favorites......funny, brilliant, thought-provoking, irreverent, dumb...

"The human mind starts working the moment you are born and never stops until you stand up to speak in public."

George Jessel

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Share your favorites......funny, brilliant, thought-provoking, irreverent, dumb...

"The human mind starts working the moment you are born and never stops until you stand up to speak in public."

George Jessel

The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about. -Oscar Wilde

"The theoretical broadening which comes from having many humanities subjects on campus is offset by the general dopiness of the people who study these things."

-Richard Feynman.

"80% of everything is crap."

-Theodore Sturgeon.

"No one can agree on what the other 20% is, though."

-DC Tom's First Corollary to Sturgeon's Law.

"Nothing says the remaining 20% isn't crap."

-DC Tom's Second Corollary.

"Yes, I'm quoting myself. !@#$ you."

-me

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

-Teddy Roosevelt